Phasing out BlackShark Upgrade in DCS World

Phasing out BlackShark Upgrade in DCS World  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Phasing out BlackShark Upgrade in DCS World

• Yes. Get rid of it because it is a totally useless scheme
    • No. I like wasting my time installing old software only to be able to play a newer version
    • Maybe
    • I don't plan on buying anymore DCS modules because of it

Eagle Dynamics should phase the BS2 upgrade out. It's one hell of an annoyance to put up with multiple activations and extras installs that ends up wasting an additional 12 hours of time through trial and error fumbling through the activation phase.

DCS modules need to be streamlined for simplicity and not a pain in the ass to install. It ticks me off knowing that I own BS1 -- which is established already -- that I have to install an older game just to be able to play BS2? That's just not right.

Essentially the BS2 upgrade is the same damn thing as the FULL BS2 version. Why ED is punishing us for life with this upgrade scheme is beyond me. Phase it out...

Who agrees?

Edited by Terminal Meltdown

Makes no difference to me, but if it has caused you so much grief I will vote yes. At the same time, there might be a hardcore shark fan going hard on BS1 on windows 95 without internet. When he learns about the phasing out of the upgrade, he will find you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that my gaming rig operates on SSD only... I would like to waste as little space as possible. However my DCS BS 1 occupies something as 100MB, iirc, after peeling off unnecessary things besides those for licensing BS2U.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least