Bailed airmen

I haven't gotten on in awhile but last I remember once anyone land from a parachute they disappear. As for in mid-air I don't believe you can hit with either weapon or A/C. So basically yeah indestructible, for now until ED changes something. I could be mistaken though.

I haven't gotten on in awhile but last I remember once anyone land from a parachute they disappear. As for in mid-air I don't believe you can hit with either weapon or A/C. So basically yeah indestructible, for now until ED changes something. I could be mistaken though.

Usually they do, except I strafed an F-14 that had landed. The crew ejected. They landed just behind the aircraft so I fired 40 80mm rockets in that area and then dropped 2 FAB-500 M62s. Maverick and Goose were still their.

And itll stay that way.

I asked a while back, about pilots killed in the aircraft. They dont look dead at all; no blood splatter on the canopy, not slumped over the controls (til huey) etc.

The response I got back, was if they implemented blood on the canopy or went any further denoting the dead pilot in the aircraft, they'd have to jack up the simulation's ESRB rating. I would imagine shooting or running over parachuting ejectees would be even more gruesome.

@Popcorn and XCrosser:

http://www.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Article.xsp?action=openDocument&documentId=0E0BF3B27E4F4E8EC12563CD0051DB78

You should know this and act accordingly, even if it is only a simulation. It's a question of attitude and moral mindset.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Article 42 [ Link ] -- Occupants of aircraft

1. No person parachuting from an aircraft in distress shall be made the object of attack during his descent.

2. Upon reaching the ground in territory controlled by an adverse Party, a person who has parachuted from an aircraft in distress shall be given an opportunity to surrender before being made the object of attack, unless it is apparent that he is engaging in a hostile act.

3. Airborne troops are not protected by this Article.

He had descended and wasn't waving a white flag. Furthermore, he was stood in a very defiant manner on a taxi way.