Aerial Refueling and commentary

redfish

Here is another vid and I've included a commentary.

The key points to remember:

- Just practice and practice and practice and practice and practice.

- If you are drifting out of position, then concentrate on correcting one axis at a time: X-Axis, Y-Axis & Z-Axis

- No rudder input ever!!

- I try and position my sight picture of the boom knuckle and the coloured green band of the boom, as close to the top of the HUD glass as possible.

- If the boom knuckle is positioned correctly, then I can see the wings of the KC-135 visible between canopy bulkhead and the cockpit mirrors.

- If the boom knuckle is positioned correctly, then I can see the cowling of the left and right engine nacelles in the HUD quarter panel glass left and right of the centre HUD glass.

- No curves, No deadzones, Linear Y=X ( This is a personal preference)

- My eyes are constantly scanning the same sight pictures over and over, watching my visual references -- centered boom knuckle, centered green boom bar, right engine cowling, right wing at right mirror, left wing at left mirror, left engine cowling, back to boom in the middle. Check for X, Y Z axis, Am I on profile? Yes or No. Then repeat the same sight scanning picture.

- Eyesight is watching the above visual references and very small, refined stick and throttle movements. It's just practice, just experience.

Good luck and get practicing!

Redfish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

Had the Warthog for a while now, prior to that I was using a $9 bargain bin - Logitech Attack3.... Now that was difficult.

There is a guy in our squadron who uses an X-box controller to do AAR :)

Whatever hotas/joystick/x-box controller you use, the principles are still the same:

Watching your visual references and very small, refined stick and throttle movements. It's just practice, just experience.

Edited by redfish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men