Vishay Spectrol 534, 533

Scarecrow

• ED Team

I have a vishay 534 on my collective and it does not have a centre click

not sure about grades of wire, I have always stipped down a cat5 cable :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have a vishay 534 on my collective and it does not have a centre click

not sure about grades of wire, I have always stipped down a cat5 cable :)

Can you recommend a multi turn pot that does have a centre click?

Ooh I have tonnes of lan cable, what's the core like? It needs to be quite rigid to jam into the connectors.

• ED Team

Sorry Scarecrow I am not sure about a pot with a centre click.

The core is just fine with the Cat5 pushes in nice for bodnar boards

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I would've thought they exist as the X52pro throttle has 2 rotary's which have a centre detent unless its built into the throttle body not sure.

Instead of pots have you tried looking for rotary's with a centre detent not sure if they would work with what you are trying so sorry if its not.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

I would've thought they exist as the X52pro throttle has 2 rotary's which have a centre detent unless its built into the throttle body not sure.

Instead of pots have you tried looking for rotary's with a centre detent not sure if they would work with what you are trying so sorry if its not.

those are single turn pots. I have yet to come across a multi turn that has em

I'm planning to use them for trims. Thinking bout it, :doh: of course multiturn pots won't have a detent.

Can anyone recommend good quality pots with a centre detent?

I cant recall a real aircraft that i have flown that has a center detent in the trim wheels.

I assume you want to have center detent for convenience and this is for the P-51?

P-51, Cliffs of Dover, 777's Battle of Stalingrad and everything RRG put out in the future:) It certainly is a great time to be flight simming:thumbup:

I thought I needed the detents for reference but the allure of multi turn pots and the precision they'll allow is hard to give up for convenience.

How would I know at a glance what my trims where set to, that'll be a PITA to figure, I guess I'd just have to check them preflight.

Hmm I shall have to think this one over.