Second World War Era Aircraft Wish List

PLAAF

Since the DCS started to do those piston engine WW2 aircraft now, may I put La-7 here for the future consideration? :smartass:

La-7 is the best turn and burn fighter, the allied Ace of Ace Ivan Mykytovich Kozhedub have piloted it and shot down 64 German planes and possibly 2 P-51 as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Kozhedub

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please no La7. Enough said.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

No I am not looking for IL-2, I have been play it for a while. Since the ED start to make WW2 planes now, I think it may be a good idea to add La-7 after the FW-190 :smartass:

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

i remember doing a La-7 Lavochkin project in high school for technical seminar... really awesome plane.. i'm for it why not, Il-2 on the other hand is also iconic and very important in the A2G role .. but since DCS is doing the german fighter, and american fighter was already made, i guess it would be nice to get some day a russian fighter from 2WW..

That's exactly what I don't like about all the FW-190/P-51 fandom, in a way.

It doesn't really fit and belong into the DCS universe... at least not right now.. it would need so many modules to make it really "viable". And for my part: I want modern era modules over WW2 stuff.

And here we go... despite my criticism in the FW-190 Thread.. they go "Nono... working on WW2 modules will not delay release dates of modern era modules... 100% guaranteed."

Right....

And here comes the next module. The La-7.

I don't know..is FW-190 considered an E-Fighter or a Turn & Burner? - If it's an E-Fighter to match P-51... we would need another Turn & Burner for the La-7, right? Because else the La-7 is going to be "out of place"... within a DCS module which is already out of place.

So... we need a Spitfire, after the La-7.... because else the La-7 and all the WW2 fans are going to be sad.

But wait a second... what do my eyes see... while flying over the DCS map of Georgia, in my P-51/FW-190/La-7? These houses and building models... they look totally out of era.. for me and my WW2 plane... Can't we get WW2 building modules? ...

And the tanks... and ships... there's not even 2nd WW Yachts. Can we get those? Plox? Preferably before suitable DCS World, modern era content. Because i REALLY LOVE 2. WW PLANES in DCS WORLD!

But make sure to include Ki84-LC. Those explosive rounds are amazing... plus crippling all the clients on a server to 2-3 FPS for 3 seconds isn't good enough IMHO.

I'm pretty sure the Ki84-LC reigning fire and explosions across the land in DCS world would finally bring every client to below 1FPS.

That would be great.

Why not? I'd buy it if it was accurately modelled.

Some view it as a "gotta win" plane, but I would also buy it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It doesn't really fit and belong into the DCS universe...

And how do you come by that conclusion, keeping in mind that it has always been stated/confirmed that DCS is not representative of a specific era/time-frame?

It's DCS, not MDCS.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

And how do you come by that conclusion, keeping in mind that it has always been stated/confirmed that DCS is not representative of a specific era/time-frame?

It's DCS, not MDCS.

If you really care, you can read it up in my posts within the FW190 Thread. I'm not going to explain myself again. Already done that thoroughly. And that's just my opinion and personal concerns.. so.

Yes. You mean like with their official DCS World announcement about DCS being an open world zombie survival game?

True. DCS has always been known for WW2 stuff. I remember those days in LOMAC/FC1/FC2 ... lots of fun with those La-7's and Spitfires...

*sigh*

True. DCS has always been known for WW2 stuff. I remember those days in LOMAC/FC1/FC2 ... lots of fun with those La-7's and Spitfires...

*sigh*

In other words: Because they haven't done WWII planes before, they can't even now. Sure.

And about the La-7, yes all the way! I always wanted to fly some of my favorite planes from IL-2, but this time, simulated properly!

LO/FC isn't DCS. The La-7 is perfect DCS candidate. Right now we have 3, maybe 4 eras that we're beginning to cover. WWII, Vietnam, +/-1990 and +/-2000.

The F-86 and MiG-15 will introduce Korea. It's pretty clear that DCS does not belong to one time period.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

True. DCS has always been known for WW2 stuff.

So, you want everything all at once?

*sigh*

The new map/EDGE SDK's are around the corner......what does that tell you?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So, you want everything all at once?

*sigh*

The new map/EDGE SDK's are around the corner......what does that tell you?

That somebody is going to make a pacific ocean map? Hey, you can't claim that one is in any specific time period. Unless you start taking time sensitive temperature readings and spectroscopic analyses of the water.

Hey, that's a good module idea! How about DCS: Science!

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

How about DCS: Science!
I'm more interested in DCS: Iron Coffins myself.

We already have the Black Sea map, so now we'd only need period buildings & infrastructure, some AI groundpounders (Pe-2, Il-2 etc.) and fighters (Bf-109, La-5 etc.), both military and civvie shipping... aaaand a completely modelled U-Boot Type IIB ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

i would love to see WWII birds from the western conflicts first tbh.

109s,spits,hurris...

i dont know, but personally, i find those russian planes just plain ugly....every single one of them.

Every single?? it is personally, right??

mustangmutation_zpsc5df6867.jpg

I find them like ones WWII aircraft

imagesCASEJED7_zpsd4966575.jpg

Also the numbers can be handled by every side and also the cold war make this part of the truth really hard to believe for the west fanatic people and fanboy of History channel. What side of the European front were the very best part of the German forces??? ( best pilots, armors etc ). At this side were all defended by the La-7, Mig-3, Il-2 and Yak-7 doing the hard job, while the others come from behind with poor opposition. Who care that??

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i guess the benefit of doing a WW2 era fighter or bomber is DCS can do it correctly with ALL info needed, to the last bolt.. while when it comes to new machines-EF, Rafal, Grippen, etc.. its all clouded and secret and just not possible to do a proper AFM and avionics suit for those planes..

the farther back in history you go better modelled and realistic flying..

i would enjoy a good civilian plane, maybe russian, maybe usa-boeing etc..

Every single?? it is personally, right??

mustangmutation_zpsc5df6867.jpg

I find them like ones WWII aircraft

imagesCASEJED7_zpsd4966575.jpg

Also the numbers can be handled by every side and also the cold war make this part of the truth really hard to believe for the west fanatic people and fanboy of History channel. What side of the European front were the very best part of the German forces??? ( best pilots, armors etc ). At this side were all defended by the La-7, Mig-3, Il-2 and Yak-7 doing the hard job, while the others come from behind with poor opposition. Who care that??

Go troll somewhere else.

La-7 made for DCS would have very little in common with La-7 from the Il-2 1946, why would you dislike an interesting plane just because of its reputation from completely different sim. P-51 in DCS is also way different to the 1946.

La-7 is a beautiful plane imho but I would rather have the La-9 / 11, with the F-51 already in game and F-86 and MiG-15 announced, Korea scenario would be possible.

• ED Team
Since the DCS started to do those piston engine WW2 aircraft now, may I put La-7 here for the future consideration? :smartass:

La-7 is the best turn and burn fighter, the allied Ace of Ace Ivan Mykytovich Kozhedub have piloted it and shot down 64 German planes and possibly 2 P-51 as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Kozhedub

I have heard actual testing data is hard to come for Russian planes from that era.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png