Second World War Era Aircraft Wish List

PLAAF

...who are struggling so much against that plane.

No struggle, no antipathy. Quite the contrary, actually, at least in my case. But the data for this bird is still, at least to my knowledge, hard to come by; and you WILL need it all if you want to make a realistic simulation.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plane set of IL2 1946 4.13 at DCS level

I'll take ~300 awesome aircraft, even if it's only at, say, FC3 level (with 6DOF cockpits).

:thumbup:

flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

I personally would prefer for DCS to stay out of anything before maybe 1960. I've got no interest in propeller aircraft, and don't really feel much satisfaction from gun kills unless I've got something else that provides a massive advantage (I.e. Missiles) that I could have used instead. Plus the raw power behind jet aircraft is much more fun in my opinion. But, I recognize that I'm not the only flight simmer out there, and I'll wait out for whatever WWII modules might be coming out. As long as it doesn't get in the way of the actual, fun modules I'll be happy :p

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

• 3 weeks later...
I personally would prefer for DCS to stay out of anything before maybe 1960. I've got no interest in propeller aircraft, and don't really feel much satisfaction from gun kills unless I've got something else that provides a massive advantage (I.e. Missiles) that I could have used instead. Plus the raw power behind jet aircraft is much more fun in my opinion. But, I recognize that I'm not the only flight simmer out there, and I'll wait out for whatever WWII modules might be coming out. As long as it doesn't get in the way of the actual, fun modules I'll be happy :p

I can definitely understand what you mean, DCS should really be for modern aircraft or at the very least for jet aircraft. I understand they want to expand their market to the hardcore WW2 flight sim folks (I know they are still out there, I know how packed IL2 1946 gets years after release). For my WW2 needs I would rather get the full experience from the more recent IL2 games while DCS fully fleshes out the modern battlefield instead. Oh well, so long as modern aircraft remain the focus I suppose it can work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS WW2, I'd like to see a LA7, Yak3.. and other a/c dated at the same time as the P51D and Dora.

I see no reason to stay in the west, and it'll add an extended dimension to eastern europe for the WW2 era.

In IL2, in a FW I always found the Yak's and LAs more of a challenge compared to the P51Ds... this will definitely be a great addition.

As for modelling data, any WW2 data is a 'challenge'.

:-)

Not intending to create an East side/West side war, but i think that the obvious reason to insist on Western aircraft is because of it's superior balance, in terms of pilot skills and aircraft capabilities.... Making the west side of the war more iconic in terms of air forces...

If you don't believe, go to google and search for WW II fighter aces, and see which pilots have the most kills and the front they fought in...

But of course i'd like to see russian aviation from that era come into the game

Peace

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

A very western point of view to say this RNeves :) . the Challenges of the War in the East and West were very different.. I do prefer the East side War due to Dogfighting "sport" Pure open hunt.

WW2 fighter aces in the Russian side had a very different way to fight and knowledge the kills and also how Russian thanks their own Aces.. .. know the differences you will understand better.

Great read about Russian Aces back from the Spanish War to Russia.

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

A very western point of view to say this RNeves :) . the Challenges of the War in the East and West were very different.. I do prefer the East side War due to Dogfighting "sport" Pure open hunt.

WW2 fighter aces in the Russian side had a very different way to fight and knowledge the kills and also how Russian thanks their own Aces.... know the differences you will understand better.

Great read about Russian Aces back from the Spanish War to Russia.

Of course the western front was more like shooting down bombers (to the germans) and defending bombers (to the allies), and dogfighting in the mean time (except for the battle of england, where some pure dogfighting also occured).

But this should also mean a bigger kill count to the german fighters, because when the bombers hit the mark where the P47's had to return, it was meat for the griil to the germans... But in the end, western front german pilots do not appear on the very top of the list.

And i have to agree with you that the eastern front pure dogfighting is more fun to us players...

But back to the point, here is a list i found with the WW II fighter aces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces

It is amazing how the eastern front german pilots overwhelmed the russian competition.

And i maintain, this could only mean better training and better machines on the german side.

But even though, bring in the russian machinery

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

my wip :)

Awesome! Do the guns work? I'd like to fly this, if you have a download link.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Simple AI B-17?

I was thinking that perhaps the Dora and the Mustang would feel more at home in DCS World if they had a simple AI controlled B-17 bomber to make missions around.

Having such a AI aircraft would provide context for fights between the Mustang and Dora instead of just doing fighter sweeps for each other over and over again.

What do you all think?

I was thinking that perhaps the Dora and the Mustang would feel more at home in DCS World if they had a simple AI controlled B-17 bomber to make missions around.

Having such a AI aircraft would provide context for fights between the Mustang and Dora instead of just doing fighter sweeps for each other over and over again.

What do you all think?

I agree, the addition of 1 or 2 A.I ww2 aircraft would enhance existing modules.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 3 weeks later...

After all current project and beginning to work on the most popular wishlist stuff, I would suggest:

1- Pacific map with Zeros and Wildcats to begin with, possibly expandable with Corsairs, Hellcats, newer Zeros, Georges, Franks, dive bombers of both sides, and what not.

2 - Med map with Cr.42 and C.200 vs Hurricane and Gladiator as the first planes, some room for other planes here too (maybe with a priority for the S.79)

3 - Spanish Civil War map with at least i-15 and i-16 vs. Cr.32 and maybe early 109s, and possible later additions

As for the La-7, I can undertand how some players may be against it, it was considered an "invincible uber-plane" in the old IL2 game, but the real problem was that a lot of players never figured out how to fight it.

And besides, the simplified aircraft systems modeled in that game made everything much easier to fly, so it boiled down to performance. Pilot workload was never a factor. An accurately modeled La-7 would be much harder to fly than the highly automated (for its time) Fw-190.

The La-7 may still perform better in many respects (not all, though), but an La-7 pilot will have more things to think about compared to the Fw-190 pilot, and that may very well make a difference.

Long story short, I'm all for the La-7 (but then we'd need 109Gs and 190As)

Edited by tf_neuro

Without going through 17 pages of requests, here are mine:

1. Hawker Tempest or Typhoon

2. B25 Mitchell

3. B24 Liberator

4. B17 Flying Fortress

5. Beaufighter

I'm a big fan of ground attack but I don't see this being catered for well with the upcoming WW2 a/c.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Since DCS is getting a bunch of WWII aircraft now with BF-109K-4 coming out, I think I would also like to see an A6M2 zero in the game and maybe a pacific theatre map? I could imagine it not being very hard at all to get the information for it to make a fully clickable DCS title for it.

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.7 ghz

MoBo: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ripjaw

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/4TB Western Digital Black HDD

Monitor: Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p 144hz

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / VKB Sim Fat Black Mamba Mk.III

Russian Planes in DCS

I've never really seen it talked about and none of the third parties have announced doing a model of any of the Russian WWII aircraft that I've seen. Is there no documentation for them or flying examples left for the migs, La-5s, or yaks? This seems to be true for the Japanese side of things also. I know that EDs plate is full for the next year but has there been any discussion.

It would be very interesting for sure. Battle of Stalingrad kind of sparked an interest for VVS warbirds that I didn't have before and I find the idea of flying a Yak-9 or Yak-3 pretty attractive. A La-7 would also be quite interesting.

However, flying russian aircraft without a proper theater would generate the same issues lots of people have with the game at the moment: lack of a proper theater.

Also, I think that while fighters are a very neat addition to the sim, I would like to see aircraft with more varied roles, like heavy bombers (B-17, Lancaster-, B-24, Pe-8 ), ground attack aircraft (Il-2, Ju-87, A-20, A-26), search and rescue (PBY Catalina) or night fighters (Mosquito, Beaufighter).

Personally, I think the inclusion of heavy bombers would be a complete game-changer as it requires a radically different way of flying and planning your mission. Especially when flying multiplayer.

Really,in WW2 nothing really was as iconic as say the Mustang,109s,FWs,Hurricanes and Spitfires and the Zero's came from Russia.But after WW2 got plenty that need to be made. WW2 is hit or miss. Alot more 109 fans than say, Yak3 Fans. Il2 or Warthunder is the way to go if you want Russian Aircraft. they tend to favor them there.

It would be very interesting for sure. Battle of Stalingrad kind of sparked an interest for VVS warbirds that I didn't have before and I find the idea of flying a Yak-9 or Yak-3 pretty attractive. A La-7 would also be quite interesting.

However, flying russian aircraft without a proper theater would generate the same issues lots of people have with the game at the moment: lack of a proper theater.

Also, I think that while fighters are a very neat addition to the sim, I would like to see aircraft with more varied roles, like heavy bombers (B-17, Lancaster-, B-24, Pe-8 ), ground attack aircraft (Il-2, Ju-87, A-20, A-26), search and rescue (PBY Catalina) or night fighters (Mosquito, Beaufighter).

Personally, I think the inclusion of heavy bombers would be a complete game-changer as it requires a radically different way of flying and planning your mission. Especially when flying multiplayer.

Ooh, a speaking of night fighters, a DCS P-61 black widow would be absolutely wicked! ....though it's got a big crew (3), which might be a problem. As I understand it, the thing maneuvered like a much smaller aircraft. And who doesn't want 4 forward 20mm AND 4 turreted .50s? :thumbup:

Yak 3 FTW! :)

Yak-3_1.jpg

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.