Second World War Era Aircraft Wish List

PLAAF

British WW2 Aircraft to go with P-51

I think we really need a British aircraft to go with the Mustang. Maybe a late-model Spitfire? or Hurricane? I really enjoyed flying the Spitfire and Hurricane in Cliffs Of Dover and I wish for them in DCS so I could experience them in the most realistic way.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

I think we really need a British aircraft to go with the Mustang. Maybe a late-model Spitfire? or Hurricane? I really enjoyed flying the Spitfire and Hurricane in Cliffs Of Dover and I wish for them in DCS so I could experience them in the most realistic way.

As the previous poster mentioned, there are several Spitfire machines in the works. VEAO is also making a De havilland Vampire Fb5, as well. I think that the Vampire will go great with the Mustang, in a korean War scenario. :thumbup:

Edited by mjmorrow

• 2 weeks later...

The P-38 couldn't handle the low winter temperatures at altitude in the European winter. The AAF went to the P-51 instead and used the P-38 in the Pacific where it could handle the temperatures. The two engines were considered much safer for the long-range over-water patrols in the PTO.

I would love to see a DCS P-38 model but only with a Pacific Theater. Historically, it saw only limited and brief ETO service in the 1944 and was rapidly replaced.

The P-47 and the Mossie FB VI would be very welcome, however.

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_P-38_ETO.html

Edited by HotTom

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

I pick the B-29 Superfortress (specifically, the Enola Gay, with 1 little boy atomic bomb).

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Medium Bombers planned?

One of things that will come alot of pilots to DCS "WW2" its a medium bombers.

If Eagle or a third party can do a flyable He111, Do17, Stuka, Mosquito, Blenheim and B25 we can atract all il2 comunity to DCS.

Its most important thing that can make a complex enviroment and objectives for all ww2 era fun pilots and its make the missions more real.

I´m a il2 1946 orphan that come to DCS with a hope this place should be the future of ww2 sims pilots.

Its a sugestion by a ww2 pilot fun.

If Eagle or a third party can do a flyable JU 88, He111, Do17, Stuka, Mosquito, Blenheim and B25 we can atract all il2 comunity to DCS.

Yes please...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fixed :thumbup:

Lancaster is hardly medium bomber i would think...:)

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, a night bomber would not a logical addition to the simulation. That would be like a whole new simulation genre with radar and night-fighters to be worthwhile.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

If Eagle or a third party can do a flyable He111, Do17, Stuka, Mosquito, Blenheim and B25 we can atract all il2 comunity to DCS.

Its most important thing that can make a complex enviroment and objectives for all ww2 era fun pilots and its make the missions more real.

I´m a il2 1946 orphan that come to DCS with a hope this place should be the future of ww2 sims pilots.

Its a sugestion by a ww2 pilot fun.

With the new IL2:BOS I think there is room for both.

That said, I would appreciate seeing some bombers in DCS as well ;)

Better objective would be to, how do you say, "re-educate" FSX people into trying DCS ;)

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

• 2 weeks later...
i was just curious as to who would want a corsair in DCS

i know it was for the pacific theatre but damn is it one of my favorite WWII planes ;)

...i would like a DCS corsair.

.....that would be awesome.......bring a bit of baa baa black sheep to DCS:D..........carrier ops with the corsair:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals