Second World War Era Aircraft Wish List

PLAAF

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To a certain degree me too, esp the night fighter version

+123456 for the Biffer 110. It is such a Luftwaffe warhorse that we'd absolutely need one for DCS:WW2!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

+123456 for the Biffer 110. It is such a Luftwaffe warhorse that we'd absolutely need one for DCS:WW2!

Well... I think that maybe Bf110G2 version could fit in as bomber destroyer function... but it would feel underpowered. That is for sure.

I think still that Me410 would be a better choice taking into consideration its speed and variety of missions it could do and variety of weapons it could carry.

It was a bomber, attacker and heavy fighter...

Bf110 would struggle against planes after 1943.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Bf110 would struggle against planes after 1943.

Yeah, it wouldn't stand a chance in any late-war scenario. But such an iconic aircraft still! Would love to see one done to DCS level :thumbup:

Well just remember I haven't confirmed we are doing one, at this point in time we are not.

But when we get another year down the line I will have a serious look into it.

That goes for the 110 as well, although I suspect we would only do either the 410 or the 110. If I can get enough data for it the 110 would be my preference.

Pman

But back on topic. ACTUALLY what we need like air and bread (to quote a certain well-known dictator) is a DCS-level IL-2 for the 1944 project and an IL-10 for Korea! Am I right or am I right, huh ;)

• ED Team
Well just remember I haven't confirmed we are doing one, at this point in time we are not.

But when we get another year down the line I will have a serious look into it.

That goes for the 110 as well, although I suspect we would only do either the 410 or the 110. If I can get enough data for it the 110 would be my preference.

Pman

The 110 would fit in with the BoB set :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

But back on topic. ACTUALLY what we need like air and bread (to quote a certain well-known dictator) is a DCS-level IL-2 for the 1944 project and an IL-10 for Korea! Am I right or am I right, huh ;)

:thumbup: Yes!

We need at DCS level Il-2, Lagg-3, Yak-1 Yak-3, Mig-3, La-5 even a La-7 so Il-2 1946 can finally rest in its grave :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...
DCS level Il-2, Lagg-3, Yak-1 Yak-3, Mig-3, La-5 even a La-7

+11111

I'd buy them all immediately. I've always loved those WW2 VVS birds & would certainly like to see them modelled properly (and comprehensively) at last.

I cannot agree with this thread.

Yes. Lots of russians will be happy, but I saw lots of games were destoryed for balance with VVS aircrafts. Even IL-2 1946 4.08 have the UFO named La-5 series, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad have ruined by UFO named Yak-1.

I saw too many games were destroyed for that. Please, do not destroy this game. It is the last two games we have.(Another one is Team Fusion mod of IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.) It is awesome now, even it does not have WW2 battlefield, ground units, and ships. However VVS aircraft? I cannot think it is good idea.

destoryed for balance with VVS aircrafts.
And what exactly has some other sims possibly balancing their craft to do with ED/DCS? Or do you just hate Russian AC in general?

How the La-7 was modelled in IL-2 created some discussion back in the day, true. But one has to remember that the real craft was actually very fast as well - but I agree, whether it really was _that_ fast is, indeed, a good question.

But I repeat still: how things may have been in other sims has absolutely nothing to do with how they'd be in DCS.

• 2 weeks later...
IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad have ruined by UFO named Yak-1.

Let me guess, you play normal and turnfight with Yak? Because even thought VVS planes in BoS are overperforming, they're barely competitive with German planes, still as long as Germans refuse to turnfight and keep the fight in the vertical, VVS planes don't stand a chance.

Oh BTW, the 109s in BoS are also overperforming badly, the Yak has UFO flaps but as long as you don't turn fight with it you''ll be fine, and all German planes leave Russian planes in the dust in speed and climbing.

There's nothing wrong with adding VVS planes in DCS, while they're fast at low altitude and quite maneuverable at low speed, none of them can dive, also there's no automation so pilot's workload is extremely high.

Edited by GrapeJam

... also there's no automation so pilot's workload is extremely high.
Indeed what I have read for instance in La5 handbook procedures is a really really high work load aircraft. A so demanding aircraft is not easy to manage in combat if we get it DCS level, so even with good performance (just real, we don't need bias) it would be quite a hard aircraft to fly with not a great advantage. I don't really understand that irrational fear to Russian aircraft. Well I understand fear to Oleg's parallel dimension World :lol:, but happily DCS isn't any more Oleg's World.

I think it would be great to have something so pilot demanding in DCS, but I understand that's not everyone's taste.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
Let me guess, you play normal and turnfight with Yak? Because even thought VVS planes in BoS are overperforming, they're barely competitive with German planes, still as long as Germans refuse to turnfight and keep the fight in the vertical, VVS planes don't stand a chance.

Oh BTW, the 109s in BoS are also overperforming badly, the Yak has UFO flaps but as long as you don't turn fight with it you''ll be fine, and all German planes leave Russian planes in the dust in speed and climbing.

There's nothing wrong with adding VVS planes in DCS, while they're fast at low altitude and quite maneuverable at low speed, none of them can dive, also there's no automation so pilot's workload is extremely high.

Last I check, IL2 have their own forums, so please, talk about BoS there.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Indeed what I have read for instance in La5 handbook procedures is a really really high work load aircraft. A so demanding aircraft is not easy to manage in combat if we get it DCS level, so even with good performance (just real, we don't need bias) it would be quite a hard aircraft to fly with not a great advantage. I don't really understand that irrational fear to Russian aircraft. Well I understand fear to Oleg's parallel dimension World :lol:, but happily DCS isn't any more Oleg's World.

I think it would be great to have something so pilot demanding in DCS, but I understand that's not everyone's taste.

S!

It wouldn't be nearly as bad as you think, the base model La-5's workload is fairly typical for a fighter of the period. It has throttle, mixture, RPM (constant speed prop) and a 2-stage supercharger, cowl flaps and oil cooler. Flying it consists of setting the mixture for whatever altitude range you're at and forgetting about it. The oil cooler is set to match outside air temperature and then forgotten about. The RPM is set depending on what you're doing (90-100% for climb and combat, less for cruising for better fuel efficiency) and forgetting about it. And the supercharger is a simple 2 position lever depending on if you are above 2500m or below 2500m.

That effectively leaves only the cowl flaps and throttle as the only things you'll be messing with in combat much. And the cowl flaps, given the nature of combat, will likely be simply set to full open unless you are having a top speed contest with someone.

Actually in air combat you change altitude alot so you always have to watch out for the altimeter to change mixture and supercharger accordingly, it gets your eyes off target , you can use that time to look around instead.

I once thought the lack of automation was fine, too, till I flew Russian planes in Expert mode in BoS.

Edited by GrapeJam

Flying it consists of setting the mixture for whatever altitude range you're at and forgetting about it. The oil cooler is set to match outside air temperature and then forgotten about.

This is a splendid way of setting yourself up for an engine failure.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad as you think, the base model La-5's workload is fairly typical for a fighter of the period. It has throttle, mixture, RPM (constant speed prop) and a 2-stage supercharger, cowl flaps and oil cooler. Flying it consists of setting the mixture for whatever altitude range you're at and forgetting about it. The oil cooler is set to match outside air temperature and then forgotten about. The RPM is set depending on what you're doing (90-100% for climb and combat, less for cruising for better fuel efficiency) and forgetting about it. And the supercharger is a simple 2 position lever depending on if you are above 2500m or below 2500m.

That effectively leaves only the cowl flaps and throttle as the only things you'll be messing with in combat much. And the cowl flaps, given the nature of combat, will likely be simply set to full open unless you are having a top speed contest with someone.

Last time I flew an advanced Cessna (RL I mean), just like P-51 management plus manual mixture and cowl flaps, it was a nice work load until you get used to it, and still sometimes you forget to check for mixture (with EGT, not altitude... :music_whistling:) manifold as it changes with altitude and that while you try to fly, navigate, communicate, etc. I know simulator is more relaxed, but add to that manual supercharger management, a couple radiators and a high performance engine. I don't think it like a walk in the park :smilewink:. Just wait until P-47 with manual turbocharger management. There are many parameter that can go wrong and your engine is out.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice