Second World War Era Aircraft Wish List

PLAAF

Hello Wolf Rider,

I do not know if this 3d model is the model "knock off". I downloaded this model free from a Russian website.

I was being a tad ( a bit subtle, and a touch humorous ) ... "knock off" is meant as a cheap copy, usually exported from a certain country at a very low cost - most of the time, there is something not quite right with the "knock off" product - hence the cheap price.

Whether its a six or nine ( image previously quoted )... its backwards

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound like a rivet counter, but am I the only one that noticed the number "6" is painted on the deck backwards?? I would still love to see it in that game though.

Z4Sk7xZl.jpg

Dang, I feel so stupid huh.gif. I was thinking upside down and not backwards doh.gif.

8<

Whether its a six or nine ( image previously quoted )... its backwards

Yup, it is. This is probably why I'm such a great pilot :music_whistling:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Can we have some Russian plane like La-7 Please?

I just realised that all planes that are discussed here are western planes and German planes. Can we have some Russian planes like La-7 please. So we can finally more on from the old IL-2 series and move into the DCS completely. :)

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 2 months later...
Aircraft carrier Enterprise CV6 waiting F4U Corsair. :-)

Z4Sk7xZl.jpg

gpGK2P8l.jpg

jiYfIKRl.jpg

Pleasesee!

I just finished reading Hans Ulrich Rudel's "Stuka Pilot"

What an interesting read!

After that book, my view on the Stuka is quite transformed.

According to the book, Rudel used anti-tank Stukas right until the end of the war, on the Eastern front.

What surprised me as well was that the Stuka was not quite as helpless as one would have thought.

I would have thought that much faster and modern fighters would shoot it down at first sight, but apparently the Stuka was so maneuverable that it could slip out of range every time the much faster fighter came in to shoot.

I read the book because apparently it was compulsory literature for the people who ended up designing the A-10. And I can see why.

Ability to perform in adverse weather under the clouds, slow but maneuverable so that you could identify your targets properly and solidly built so that it could sustain punishment are all things that sounds familiar when considering the A-10.

Plus of course the ability to take out tanks with 37 mm cannon rounds. wink.gif

I stumbled over this interview video by chance, which confirms the Stuka's ability to maneuver itself out of attacks from seemingly superior attackers:

Funny enough, it was the older and slower Hurricane that made problems, because it could follow the turns. But not the faster Spitfire. :)

The interview is part of a long series, that looks quite interesting:

So, to cut things short: A Ju-87 would be a very interesting addition to DCS WW 2. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Don't forget its not all A2A. Air superiority alone isn't going to win the war/battle - you still need attacking a/c to deliver ordnance so the boots on the ground can go do what they do. To that end, we definitely need a range of A2G a/c however what needs to be agreed upfront is the time period that is being covered. No use developing a Hurricane Mk I to go up against BF109Ks or FW190Ds. If its say 1944 then you need to model a/c that were employed in numbers during that time eg:

- Hawker Typhoon/Tempest

- Bristol Beaufighter

- B25 Mitchell

- B26 Marauder

- Mosquito

thats just to name a few. The devs have to cater for the A2G community as well as the A2A community.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

• 1 month later...

Have always had a deep fascination with the F6F hellcat. I find her such a beautiful aircraft in a powerful and functional sort of way. I'm sure there are lots of people who would not agree with that. She also achieved a ridiculous number of air to air victories over 5K in fact. More than any other allied fighter in the Pacific. And probably 2nd only to the P-51 in all theatres of operation.

That's not to say I'm dissapointed with the Corsair Leatherneck have announced, another wonderful piston fighter.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV