MAV Targeting Help

Johnpilot

I must be missing something and hope you all can help. I have created a flight plan of waypoints in the mission editor. I take off and proceed to my ingress point. It shows on my HUD as INGRESS as that is what I labeled it in the mission editor, so I know I have that correct. My next waypoint is the target which I labeled TARGET. It is the center of the small airfield we used during a lot of the training missions. I have positioned 4 tanks, one at the end of each of the two runways. I click the DMS switch with HUD SOI and the TARGET waypoint appears and directs me to the target point. So far so good, but now it breaks down in one crucial area.

I have the TGP on and make it SOI, and ready to go. I have TARGET waypoint selected and at about 8 miles I hit the autopilot to hold my course line at about 6000 feet. I have labels turned on and can "see" the targets ahead of me. I hit CHINA HAT AFT LONG to slave the TGP to the steerpoint. The TGP then focuses straight ahead but straight past the target to the mountains behind the airfield. I have to slew for many seconds to get the slewing cursor back down to the airfield. I am zoomed way out so I know I am not missing it. Takes way too long and I can then only get one shot off.

What am I missing with slaving the TGP to the steerpoint? Is the waypoint I created not the steerpoint? Sorry, I am really stumped on this one as the videos seem to show whatever waypoint is selected getting put right to the center of the TGP when using the CHINA HAT AFT LONG.

I am sure it is simple. Any help would be great. Thanks.

John

Make sure you are using the correct altitude for the waypoint. You can create waypoints thousands of feet high in the air which is useless for CAS aircraft like the A-10c. There is a way to correct the altitude of the waypoint in the CDU, but it would be best to correct this in the mission editor so you don't have to correct it in the CDU for all the waypoints.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS