DCS 1.2.5 Released, Update 2 Released

A new 1.2.5 hotfix seems to be out this morning... downloading now

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new 1.2.5 hotfix seems to be out this morning... downloading now

Test , test, test!

I'm looking forward to getting home tonight to test out 1.2.5, hope the hotfix is ready.

Hoping Su-25 rocket attacks are a little more friendlier on FPS.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

New update, check. In my first test in A-10A I see the AFM proble is now fixed but Trim isn't working at all.

Edited by sotosev

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are the icons now removed for the new AFM A10 and Su25 after the update?

I don't see them. Perhaps ED don't want to confuse us with icons for modules that has not been released yet, or maybe they were removed for FC3 owners?

Confirmed ! I just tested it and had the same results. A-10A now has AFM but trim does not work.

:cry:

Are there independent wheel brakes and progressive air brakes now?

I presume it's the A-10C flight model with the stability augmentation system removed?

:cry:

Are there independent wheel brakes and progressive air brakes now?

I presume it's the A-10C flight model with the stability augmentation system removed?

No independent wheel brakes.

No progressive air brakes.

SAS seems active, but it was a long time since I flew the A10C so I might be wrong.

Good news: All chemical weapons have been removed from the game. No more nasty green explosions.

No independent wheel brakes.

No progressive air brakes.

SAS seems active, but it was a long time since I flew the A10C so I might be wrong.

Good news: All chemical weapons have been removed from the game. No more nasty green explosions.

The easy way to tell if SAS is active or not is to do a few gentle turns and see if the ball on the slip indicator stays centered.

You should really have to use the rudder in the A-10A...

Makes sense if they left it out though to compensate for FC3 players not wanting too much of a learning curve though.

Still, I was looking forward to doing some old school, seat of the pants stuff. Oh well.

Well, my saitek combat rudder toe brakes STILL don't work properly in DCS anyway...

They 'stick' in the on position, even though they're fine on every other game I've tried and in windows controller manager.

Tried all the fixes and reinstalled everything. Just had to use a 50% dead zone in the end.

:(

Agree with you both. The slip indicator is glued to the center.

I can understand if they want FC3 aircraft to be easy to fly.

Here's what I think they should do:

In the options menu under the "special" tab they should add FC3 and add a checkbox called something like "A10A realistic flight" wich disables SAS and enables independent wheel braking.

Everyone would be happy if they could make that work :)

Well, my saitek combat rudder toe brakes STILL don't work properly in DCS anyway...

They 'stick' in the on position, even though they're fine on every other game I've tried and in windows controller manager.

Tried all the fixes and reinstalled everything. Just had to use a 50% dead zone in the end.

:(

I think I had that problem with the pro fligjht rudder pedals, and resetting calibration in windows controller manager did help after I modded it(removing that pen inside) - I just dont calibrate the pedals anymore.

Confirm the lack of trim for the A-10A.

Can someone also validate that the Nav lights for the A-10A are no longer working?

BTW - Air to air refueling is now as in the A-10C - no scripted autopilot with the contact.

Thanks ED for working so hard for us.

How long have boats/ships been pitching and rolling? I've only just noticed it, it's brilliant.

I love now making missions where the Huey starts cold on the Carrier deck.

Great sim, in it's prime!

Ages I think.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

@howie87:

I also have those pedals and the problem that sometimes they get "stuck" in some position.

And I have found a weird trick to make them work, maybe it works for you, too:

1. go into your windows gamecontroller settings where you can calibrate

2. don't calibrate them

3. there is some button that says "reset to factory settings" or something like that. in one of the settings screens. Click that.

For me it worked after that.

Thanks Cnuke and Aginor. I'll give the 'factory settings' fix a try when I get home!

Shame about the trim on the A-10 but I'm sure it will get a quick fix as it's kinda essential. Especially now, with manual air to air refuelling!

Download all files into a folder then run the .exe.

Agreed Brisse.

Although I've been waiting for a tick box on the KA50 to unchain the rudder from the trimmer ever since the Huey was released, so I can't see it happening any time soon.

In the Ka-50 the trimmer also trims the rudder. This differs from the Huey because, unlike conventional helicopters, the Ka-50 needs more rudder the faster you fly. Conventional helicopters need close to no rudder when flying straight and fast, but constant attention when hovering or flying slowly while adjusting the collective.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW