Patch installation problem

C6_bandini

Hi,

I reformated my system disk after installing flamming cliff. After using another starforce activation, I could launch FC without having to reinstall it.

Now I would like to apply 1.11 patch. The problem is it does not detect my FC installation, and there is no button to tell him the path by hand.

What should I do to have the installer detect my lock-on + FC installation ?

Is it possible, or am I doomed to full reinstall :(?

Don't really understand what you did. How can you launch FC after reformating your system without installing it? The program should be gone after a reformat. Or do you have your Windows on C: e.g. and reformated this drive while you installed FC on D: e.g.? Then sure some registry information is missing, but can't tell you which. If so, I would do the following:

1. Make a backup_1 of your complete FC directory

2. delete the complete original directory

3. Do a clean install of FC

4. If you have saved your activation key, apply it now; if not, you will have to activate FC one more time

5. At this point the latest: save your registration with the utility you find on the FC download page and make another backup_2 of your FC directory (just not to spoil this activation, too, in case something goes wrong with the next steps)

6. overwrite the FC directory with your backup_1; LockOn should run now, including all your mods, adjustments etc.

7. apply the patch, and take care it's the right one for your version of FC (download or disk version)

What's the big deal with reinstalling lockon? I've done this many times. Also 1.11 patch is supposed to be installed over a clean 1.1 LockOn installation.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

What's the big deal with reinstalling lockon? I've done this many times. Also 1.11 patch is supposed to be installed over a clean 1.1 LockOn installation.

Oups, sorry for just asking a question !

The big deal with reinstalling lockon is I am lazy. But it seems I have no other choice.

Sorry but I'm to lazy to export registry entries for you. I'll rather waste another 24h asking in BUGS forum others to do it for me :icon_toil

tail# 44 or 444

Oups, sorry for just asking a question !

Don't take it too hard C6_bandini .... I like to know why things do or don't work so I wouldn't want to reload either .... so keep asking here and elsewhere. http://www.f4hq.com/forums are a friendly lot.

Good flying

Wombat

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

Sorry but I'm to lazy to export registry entries for you. I'll rather waste another 24h asking in BUGS forum others to do it for me :icon_toil

Ok, sorry for posting in bugs, I did not saw the tech forum at first.

Anyway, I am not an expert in windows registry, and I was just hoping someone already had done that.

Shame on me, I was asking for help.

The funniest thing is you'd reinstall game few times, before someone would find correct registry entries, then ask you in what dir you have lockon, edit them for you, and post them here. Your laziness does not excuse you, because you have had enough time to reinstall entire system, so what's so bad in +10min, to reinstall LockOn?

The only reason I'd help you if you'd tell me you have to re-download the all the 1.1 setup files again because you've lost them, not when you have everything available to you to do the job by yourself.

Anyway maybe it is time to learn how windows registry editor works?

tail# 44 or 444

I did not even knew if it was possible or how. Why didn't you just say "it might be possible to play with the registries, but it is not worth the effort" ?

And yes I had to redownload FC. But i can do this while I am sleeping ;)

Let's forget this and have a :icon_jook

Right, I could say it this way.

Sorry man if I've been so rude, I really didn't mean so.

That's all the reason of my exams session in school right know you know. If you want to know later how to backup registry entries of your fav. games for future windows reinstallations let me know I can always explain you things via TS.

See you in the blue :)

tail# 44 or 444