1.2.5. Will not run on my machine!!!

Viperrm64

Hi all,

Applied 1.2.5. using update DCS exe, now when I try to fly the program just crashes saying "DCS Has Stopped Working" , what is going on looks like i'll just go back to 1.2.4. sorry i'm not happy about this is anyone at ED testing these patches especially as they take so damn long!!!!

Rob.

I was a beta tester for Rise of Flight; it's a much harder job than it sounds like, for the ones actually testing and not just checking out the new build for giggles. Plus, most of us weren't paid (in any way, beyond the forum title). One of the key problems is that 100 testers (and there often aren't even that many) only have 100 different computers. Trying to ensure that it works for 10,000 different computer builds when you can only test on 100 builds is tricky. Hopefully that helps you understand the reason behind the frustration. Just 'coz a big problem slips through sometimes doesn't mean that the testers aren't doing a good job.

Sorry to hear about your problem; I can't think of anything that might be the cause, but someone else here surely can.

Edited by Echo38

Seems to be in the Mission design. Had this on my first try. A complex mission with Scripting used.

Try a simple mission... then we must narrow it down to whatever unit, command, script variable is causing this.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

PC's have an infinite amount of hardware/software variations.. you cannot test every single setup, hardware or software wise.. it's not possible.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It seems I cannot access any of my saved missions in the editor at all, tried repair facility but no joy ,tried just a simple take-off in a Su-27 but it never lets me fly it just goes to mission end screen so far not made it into cockpit.

Also I cannot run it at all from DCS.exe short cut it just wont load at all and as well when I go into a simple take off mission in my P-51D I am no longer the pilot it reverts to ai no matter what!!!

I'm really disappointed with ED about this so I am rolling back to 1.2.4. once I figure out how?

Thanks for your replies.

Rob.

Well here goes and i'll try to be pleasant, I began (as suggested by Mustang) letting DCS generate a new saved games folder but alas no joy.Even when I go into instant action and state that I want to fly a P-51D I have ended up in an SU-25!!!!!!

The main (silver) DCS exe shortcut will not run the program at all now so I think that's it for me, after god knows how many years (and even more pounds stirling!!) I am going to take it off my hard drive and either reinstall it or just not bother at all.

Rob.

Edited by Viperrm64

It can be maddening, yes. I, too, have wasted hours fiddling with my own DCS installation to fix various problems. But, to put things in perspective, the state of the world is such that you have to choose: would you rather have a max-realism flight sim which has a bunch of performance problems and installation bugaboos, or would you rather have a low-realism flying game that runs smoothly? Unfortunately, we can't have both--the world just isn't interested enough in max-realism flight sims for it to happen. Well, best of luck. I find that this sim is worth it, but I guess I can't fault anyone for deciding otherwise.

If the crash you are having is mission related, check your triggers, condition expressions have been removed and changed to LUA Predicate, this deleted ALL the condition expressions you used and is probebly making some of the issues.

Hi all,

Applied 1.2.5. using update DCS exe, now when I try to fly the program just crashes saying "DCS Has Stopped Working" , what is going on looks like i'll just go back to 1.2.4. sorry i'm not happy about this is anyone at ED testing these patches especially as they take so damn long!!!!

Rob.

I would refer to this very good suggestion:

Seems to be in the Mission design. Had this on my first try. A complex mission with Scripting used.

Try a simple mission... then we must narrow it down to whatever unit, command, script variable is causing this.

I cant see any system specs from you? Put up especially main mem size, GPU type and memsize and Pagefile size. If you can, put the Pagefile on a different disk than boot drive or DCS. Make sure it has a set size (not system managed) Make sure it is TWICE your main mem size or the recommended shown by Windiows. My system also crashed quickly after entering one of the complex missions online. After switching to a different simpler which i have tried many times now. Not a single crash. Obviously it could be triggers, new 1.2.5 objects or effects etc. which is the problem, but until new fixes, try above.

Good luck!

Edited by xracer

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]