1.2.5 Sunken aircraft scenery objects

Backy 51

I know it's the rainy season, but is anyone else seeing airport scenery aircraft "sunk in the mud" beyond their undercarriages? After updating to DCSW 1.2.5 I flew over several airfields that had submerged IL-76 aircraft. These are not static structure aircraft placed from the mission editor (ME). They are part of the world scenery. I will do some ME testing and report my findings.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update: I placed a ME structure IL-76 at Kobuleti airfield and it did not sink. (Must be equipped with special flotation device). The scenery based IL-76 remains submerged. This is a real buzzkill for a flight sim where suspension of disbelief is everything. Did ED modify the geospatial datum in 1.2.5? Is this something related to EDGE? Or, did Asiana pilots park the IL-76 at Kobuleti?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm surprised it's taken this long for anyone to notice this bug, it affects most static objects placed in a mission too.

I am surprised how those kind of bugs pass undetected prior to 1.5Gb ''major?''

update release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

If true, I did not have the sunken IL-76 in DCSW 1.2.4

It must be Global Warming or Abrupt Climate Change.

Since Al Gore invented the internet, I blame him ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was detected, obviously the fix was able to be completed for this release.

I do not understand... you mean that it was detected in 1.2.4 and fixed in 1.2.5?

1.2.4 was perfectly clean of this bug.

You mean that it was detected in 1.2.5 and the fix is completed for this release?

What ''this'' release is?

Please enlighten me because either my english is so poor that I do not understand a thing, or you just make fun of me..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• 3 weeks later...

I observed them but I thought they are funny :). I was sure they are worked on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

"I don't need no stinkin' GPS!"

1+up x 4

Thanks for the 'original' laugh :megalol:

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No....sunken IL 76 are still present unfortunately.....:(((((

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 10 GT-Asus Maximus 4 Extreme p67-Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6 Ghz-Corsair Hydro 100-8 gb G.Skill Ripjaws x 7.8.7-Asus matrix Rog Gtx 580-SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB-Enermax M82 650w-HP w2448hc 1920x1200-Logitech G 940-Logitech G 15-Win 7 Pro 64 bit-

• 2 weeks later...
99 little bugs in the code,

99 little bugs....

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code :D

You got the point..., this started happening since 1.2.2 (the most stable and graphically performant version, since 1.2.0, with almost double in game FPS than later versions)! After 1.2.2, bugs and all kinds of stuff (CTD issues also) were much more than the fixes!

But let's hope they won't continue so on..., otherwise the future won't look nice!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

• 2 weeks later...