OT BIG NEWS Microsoft x hits shelfs end off year

Damn, they broke their two-years tradition, although, from 97 to 2000, it took also 3 years, and considering the changes it was worth it, although 2000-2002 was way sweeter, due to all those shiny planes. And 2002-2004 is almost unnoticable, except for Meigs field. In fact FS9 felt like a patch to fs2002.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

heh another iteration of the same thing over and over again. And I bet it will run horribly on any configuration. To bad they just dont inovate intead of bringing us the same product with different graphics and the same old headaches it takes, knowing how well they optimize texture handling (off to the swap file it goes)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The entire MSFS series has one inherrent problem though....

....You can't blow stuff up in it!

2 Inherent problems, besides that its borring as hell as your the only one flying in it!

MS flight sim IMHO is a waste of time for the large majority of the people since those graphics and technology, and resourses could have been put up into a SIM where you can choose to fly military aircraft and all their systems. Not just cruising around.

My PC specs below:

I´d add something that seems nobody has mentioned:

Flight Simulator´s FM is the very worst of it...so, considering that the main goal of a S-I-M is that, "to simulate" something, the whole FS serie is just a world trick!:mad:

It´d better have been named: "Navigation Simulator"....or better "Earth seen from skies Simulator" (a little long name I know:D )

Seriously, I dissagree with Pilotasso. I think both genres, military and civilian, are complementary. I have FS2004 and loved to take of from near airfields and fly over my city (specially liked the real-time weather feature)but the serious FM´s holes found in it (hellicopters are UFOS, post-stall envelope is missing, aircrafts addon in no way matches the real thing due to serious FM/Engine Model simplifications,...........) put end to our love:icon_syda :(

A.

Respectfully, the thousands of people who buy this title, disagree 100%.

If quote me like that even I would agree with you. If your going to contest somebody based on his quotes better not ommit half of it.

My PC specs below:

omfg wonderful screenshots

cant wait

thx to simhq on this news

link

http://www.simhq.com/index.html

“Microsoft: While we are still determining exact hardware requirements, we do know that it will run on a wide range of configurations because we want to make "Flight Simulator X" accessible to a wide range of fans.”

Something in that paragraph tells me that it certainly will NOT be written for dual core!

I wonder which company will do it before 2009 or something.

Anyway finally MS FS 2006 is announced! :icon_supe

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

I've actually been flying MSFS 2004 recently and find it to be allright.....

There are several addons that make this sim interesting.....

For example I just recieved the Concorde Professional Expansion from just flight for Christmas ......

Has anyone else tried this ????

I think its very cool to leave Kennedy Airport at night on your way back to Heathrow and look out of the cockpit window and see all the lights of The City....

The Concord was a very pretty aircraft but I still love all the Mig 29 series and the graphics of Lock on the best.......

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I've never been a big fan of the FS series either, simply for a lack of action ;) It's nice to fly around a bit from time to time, but most areas I was interested in lacked accuracy, and I didn't feel like spending more money to get all the various addon sceneries for that.

The graphics engine in particular was disappointing, ground detail lacked texture resolution and object density to be convincing. These shots however, even though they are a clear evolution of the FS2004 engine, seem to approach a level that is really stunning now. Some textures still look a bit rough, but that is apparently offset by an amazing amount of 3D objects like houses and trees.

Now I guess most sim engines could theoretically add such objects; Lock On itself isn't too bad with that ;) The biggest issue is certainly placing all that stuff on the map, something that can hardly be done manually in a reasonable timeframe. I guess what MS has done is to improve their scene generation scripts considerably, which is very interesting. I think automatic map generation is an imporant area for any future flight sim to reduce the time required to build new maps.

No doubt you'll need a killer system to run this, or it won't be that different from how FS2004 looks. But I expect the same will be true for future sims by ED :)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

I've actually been flying MSFS 2004 recently and find it to be allright.....

There are several addons that make this sim interesting.....

For example I just recieved the Concorde Professional Expansion from just flight for Christmas ......

Has anyone else tried this ????

I think its very cool to leave Kennedy Airport at night on your way back to Heathrow and look out of the cockpit window and see all the lights of The City....

The Concord was a very pretty aircraft but I still love all the Mig 29 series and the graphics of Lock on the best.......

~S~

Blaze

Yes, I know what you’re talking about! Getting the Concorde @Mach 2+ and cruising

on the way to New York at that speed without running out of fuel or without failures is one hell of a job.

I have achieved to do the trip on the highest (most realistic settings)

Concorde Pro is an awesome add-on!

Concorde @Mach 2+:http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/fs2004/mach2.jpg

How about a Belgium UFO:http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/fs2004/switzerland_3.jpg

FS 2004 was not that bad! :icon_supe

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

The entire MSFS series has one inherrent problem though....

....You can't blow stuff up in it!

may be good news on this though , with the new game engine

Does this mean that all of you combat flightsimmers will finally have a realistic platform to create accurate modern aerial combat strike packages and missions? We can hardly wait to see what the FS community can come up with if we get a powerful platform with those capabilities