Release Testing

Puddlemonkey

I know ED have a number of testers from seeing their posts on the forum. However, I think ED could save themselves the embarrassment of re-patching their patches every release by having an early adopters group.

They could select a group of the more forgiving members of the community and release to them first. They could take care to make sure they have a good cross section: the different operating systems, configurations, modules and so on.

Maybe this already happens but it seems to me that on almost every release, issues arise that could have been pretty easily spotted with this approach.

Just a thought...

PM

Maybe this already happens ...

Just a thought...

PM

It is happening, but it doesn't work...

and this is not a thought, it is a fact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I know ED have a number of testers from seeing their posts on the forum. However, I think ED could save themselves the embarrassment of re-patching their patches every release by having an early adopters group.

They could select a group of the more forgiving members of the community and release to them first. They could take care to make sure they have a good cross section: the different operating systems, configurations, modules and so on.

Maybe this already happens but it seems to me that on almost every release, issues arise that could have been pretty easily spotted with this approach.

Just a thought...

PM

Wouldn't work..how would someone else know what you would think is wrong with the patch???

example:

I wouldn't know what color underwear you are gonna wear tomorrow...right ...hmmm the pink ones right??? :thumbup:

Each person will have a different view point of what is good/bad with it..so releasing it out to everyone they get to break it down to the most popular issue's..and work from there..cheers...:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Wouldn't work..how would someone else know what you would think is wrong with the patch???

example:

I wouldn't know what color underwear you are gonna wear tomorrow...right ...hmmm the pink ones right??? :thumbup:

Each person will have a different view point of what is good/bad with it..so releasing it out to everyone they get to break it down to the most popular issue's..and work from there..cheers...:music_whistling:

I think we are talking for bug ''search and destroy'' here... not features.

Features are like different color underwear, I agree.

Bugs are something like ''dirty'' underwear mixed in a box of new underwear that you are going to try for the first time..:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Bugs are something like ''dirty'' underwear mixed in a box of new underwear that you are going to try for the first time..:smilewink:

My quote means the exact thing..bugs..finding..far better to have the whole community discuss found issue's than a select few..that may miss what others may find..

" You still might miss that one dirty underwear, underneath all the clean ones..."

[/Table]

With all do respect to ED and their testers, sometimes I ask myself: how could *this* pass through quality-check? I understand not everyting can be fixed right now, but what I do not understand is why new bugs (so easily to notice after 5min of playing!) can be introduced? I have a feeling number of bugs is not decreasing, but staying ~the same. Some get fixed, some new added...

With all do respect to ED and their testers, sometimes I ask myself: how could *this* pass through quality-check? I understand not everyting can be fixed right now, but what I do not understand is why new bugs (so easily to notice after 5min of playing!) can be introduced? I have a feeling number of bugs is not decreasing, but staying ~the same. Some get fixed, some new added...

Well, with little coding experience( have taken some basic " C " programming course " ) sometimes when you correct one bug ..it create another issue somewhere else..correcting bug issue's is/will be always an ongoing issue..:music_whistling:

[/Table]

My quote means the exact thing..bugs..finding..far better to have the whole community discuss found issue's than a select few..that may miss what others may find..

" You still might miss that one dirty underwear, underneath all the clean ones..."

True, but what if you had to try all the underwear thats in the box? eventually you would find the dirty one..The thing is how quickly are you going to change underwear until you find the dirty one...Because the box with those underwear is not for you after all... it is for a friend of yours that has his birthday, lets say next week:smilewink:

Anyway I understand and I agee with you that the current testers team is more than enough to do the job, and I know for sure that they are also the most capable for the job around here..

We realy need to give those people a break because shit happens... and happens ALL the time :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

True, but what if you had to try all the underwear thats in the box? eventually you would find the dirty one..The thing is how quickly are you going to change underwear until you find the dirty one...Because the box with those underwear is not for you after all... it is for a friend of yours that has his birthday, lets say next week:smilewink:

Anyway I understand and I agee with you that the current testers team is more than enough to do the job, and I know for sure that they are also the most capable for the job around here..

We realy need to give those people a break because shit happens... and happens ALL the time :smilewink:

This is why I never harp on them..you just walked over a $20 bill..and didn't see ..its life we will miss things or not understand things..

Members that harp on production without knowing what is really happenning in the backroom..should learn to be patient...:thumbup:

[/Table]

This is why I never harp on them..you just walked over a $20 bill..and didn't see ..its life we will miss things or not understand things..

Members that harp on production without knowing what is really happenning in the backroom..should learn to be patient...:thumbup:

learn to be patient, Su-27 pilots have not been able to use the aircraft since of FC3 release (8 months), All systems are broken. Radar in INS and engines are working, thats it. FC3 is not in beta anymore.

somehow ED had time to fix aim-120 problems but not TWS and ERs.

That makes a Su-27 driver disappointed since we have paid as much as anyone else. Don't let me go in to 3D model that made everyone angry as hell.

I feel that I have supported ED by buying all of their product. And i feel disappointed especially about FC3. Those who test Su-27 did a very bad job and afterwards tried to convince people that it is how it should be, even if its not logical at all.

The community had to show developers how Su-27 TWS works . When that was done people who tried to convince others that this was correct whent into silence.

If Su-27 TWS is in default mode so should F-15. This is FC3 where all aircrafts in it need same attention.

Su-27 Squads that fly multiplayer in competitive way just can't do it for 8 months now.

Events that we all have been dreaming about whit CA release are not possible either since you can not drive more than 10 vehicles simultaneously in multiplayer.

Don't take me wrong I do understand the complexity behind programing. But plz put you programing skills in direction that makes FC3 reach at least FC2 level where we had two TWS modes and more stable multiplayer.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Yeah, you'll sure know about it if someone gives you your underwear for tomorrow and they left a whoopsy in there for you :megalol:

I though about that a few months ago.

Is it possible to use community skills to run QA campaign after each ?

With some sanity tests like:

for each human-driven aircraft each mission starting/ending on different AB

• human: ramp + take-off + VFR landing + touch&go + IFR landing
  • human: hot ramp + cockpits checks on all instruments
  • human: ramp + cockpits checks on all instruments
  • human: basic air/air mission with all missiles + gun
  • human: basic ground mission with all ordnances + gun

For lots of IA aircrafts:

• IA: all missions types combined into a small set of missions to be watched in accelerated time

With some online tool to monitor campaigns (DL mission + test report with clear status) and track bugs...

Expectable ?

learn to be patient, Su-27 pilots have not been able to use the aircraft since of FC3 release (8 months), All systems are broken. Radar in INS and engines are working, thats it. FC3 is not in beta anymore.

somehow ED had time to fix aim-120 problems but not TWS and ERs.

That makes a Su-27 driver disappointed since we have paid as much as anyone else. Don't let me go in to 3D model that made everyone angry as hell.

I feel that I have supported ED by buying all of their product. And i feel disappointed especially about FC3. Those who test Su-27 did a very bad job and afterwards tried to convince people that it is how it should be, even if its not logical at all.

The community had to show developers how Su-27 TWS works . When that was done people who tried to convince others that this was correct whent into silence.

If Su-27 TWS is in default mode so should F-15. This is FC3 where all aircrafts in it need same attention.

Su-27 Squads that fly multiplayer in competitive way just can't do it for 8 months now.

Events that we all have been dreaming about whit CA release are not possible either since you can not drive more than 10 vehicles simultaneously in multiplayer.

Don't take me wrong I do understand the complexity behind programing. But plz put you programing skills in direction that makes FC3 reach at least FC2 level where we had two TWS modes and more stable multiplayer.

Patience Grasshopper Patience..:music_whistling:

[/Table]