VRpit Warthog Extension MOD/Plans

Flim

Hey Flim, another question for you. Was going to order one of these when I realized that I still only have a Cougar! I have a second hand Cougar stick with a 2nd hand Warthog throttles. Probably won't be getting a new Warthog stick for a few more months, but until then-

1. Will this still work with a Cougar?

2. If yes, what do you think, or what would be your advice for the plate and attaching the springs?

Better yet, how about just sending me one, and I'll play around with it and send you back specifics on it working and how exactly to modify it for all those cougars out there. ;) (I'm kidding, of course! :) ) Still, any ideas on the Cougar? Thanks.

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

Well, my only answer to to make a base like on the hog and attach it to the cougar. I'm not sure if the springs will clear the base though.

I guess you can always get the parts and if they won't work for the cougar, then will give you a good reason to get a hog! lol

Also, if you do not want springs... I will sale the upper and lower adapter for $60 ($30 each) plus shipping.

You can always buy the spring adapter later if you want to add springs.

Edited by Flim

The CV Joint Boots will not fit if you want to cover the springs. They extend out almost the whole dimention of the base. I have been thinking about how/if Im going to make a boot for mine.

Try finding one from a big truck or 4 x 4 vehicle they are bigger than the standard car ones driveshaft gators are bigger or even a gear stick gator or shroud of a truck.

Construction vehicles to have bigger gators for their bigger parts and even for round the levers of the controls for earth movers.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Wow Film, 37 mins from payment to posting, now that's what I call service. :)

Can't wait to see it in the flesh, just ordered one of Whartsells curved sticks to go with it.

Thank you I certainly wasn't expecting to get a dispatch notice that quickly. :)

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

are these joystick kits still available?

thanks

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

Available?

I want to know also.

I am here to fly..

Using my PC Power & Cooling 1200watt PSU

Asus Rampage Black 10

i7-4820k @ 4.1 on Air

32Gb Dominator

Asus Eyeinfinity 580X 8Gb

X-Fi Gamer

all on Windows 10 64bit in a

Lian-Li PC70 with 6 fans moving air thru case

Fly with WartHogs

Race with G27

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I. Just wondering if anyone else in UK has gotten this mod and if so, can you tell me where I can get the clevis joints from.

Sadly because I'm a private buyer, no damn company appears to want to sell me any as there is a min order of £30, rather annoying when all the parts I want only cost £5.

Help is desperately needed as I'm rather stuck at the moment. Also still trying to track down the springs, but have a place in Denmark if all else fails. Just a pity the postage is as much as the springs themselves.

Can't believe how hard it is to buy these products as a private buyer.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Cowboy try a go kart parts place they may have them including the springs.

I seem to remember from my karting days we used simular clevis joints. and the springs will mostly be throttle return springs or pedal return springs something like that.

Other than that a group buy maybe, or perhaps a trailor parts place or caravan boating quad bike i would've thought somewhere like those would have them.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Cheers Jay, didn't realise they were the same, now have 4 x clevis on the way. Just waiting for a spring company to get back to me otherwise I'll be paying £40 for 4 springs. Ouch

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I'll offer the files to print your own warthog extension parts for $19 dollars... you will get 4 part files plus a BOM on what you need to build.

This is the best stick mod out there for the Warthog in my opinion.

Also, for the folks that have the mod already, let me know if you need the files to reprint parts.

Edited by Flim

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't say no to those plans please Film, always nice to have something in backup, just in case.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey Flim, just picked up the 4 way piece from shapeways. Any chance you'll make the other parts available there as well?

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...