Look around cockpit with mouse?

andersml

Hey :)

I want to use my logitech g600 mouse to look around my cockpit. Like if I hold down alt+ctrl and move the mouse I can look around.

I have tried to find the setting in the game but have failed.

Please help :)

Thanks for your time and help.

Anders L.

It's just a toggle (on-off.) Once I have it activated, I actually use the mouse joystick on my hotas for those times when I do not want to take my thumb off the trim or fire button. I cannot imagine taking my hand off the joystick completely (not using the hat switch) in favor of the mouse. Since I cannot afford track IR (and if I had it would suffer from too much body movement) the hotas joystick is a nice convenience at times.

I suppose you could use the game mapper to assign Lalt-c to the right mouse button?

-Pv-

In the game mapper there is no option to assign that command to any mouse button, it can only be assigned to the keyboard or joystick.

I would prefer mouse button 3 to be the toggle instead of alt + c so I dont need two devices to enable and use the free look.

i7 4770k @ 4.3ghz / 16gb DDR3 1600 / GTX 770 SC 2gb

Explain a macro please? My knowledge of setting up the controls means using the control options menu.

New to DCS World and enjoying it alot. Hotas on its way.

I use Razer DeathAdder mouse. Has side buttons 4 and 5 which I have mapped in Razer software to:

Button 4: LAlt + C, Free camera

Button 5: NUM 5, which resets camera to center.

Hope this helps

Edited by AkheirAX

Can't you just use a macro?

Except for the fact that most system controls are on it.

sure you need all/most of the buttons and switches.

But how often do you operate the "throttle" for adjusting the power of the engines???

It's fully-opend most times. For inbetween you just move the throttle to some-place and it keeps there for another 5minutes orbiting around.

so if you find a way to assign all the buttons to a mouse or other device, you can perfectly fly the A-10 without a "real" throttle-lever.

sure you need all/most of the buttons and switches.

But how often do you operate the "throttle" for adjusting the power of the engines???

It's fully-opend most times. For inbetween you just move the throttle to some-place and it keeps there for another 5minutes orbiting around.

so if you find a way to assign all the buttons to a mouse or other device, you can perfectly fly the A-10 without a "real" throttle-lever.

Sure, you can map out a ton of stuff to the key board. But what's the fun in that? Also, the keyboard just can't give you the fine-tuned throttle adjustments that I find beneficial, especially during landing or weapons employment. I honestly don't even know how someone could land the A-10c in DCS without fine throttle control. And if you map the throttle on the X-52 pro correctly (for example), I have found that I rarely even need to use the keyboard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

By the:

Most people have TWO hands. The right for the stick and the left is good for the mouse!

Throttle is useless in the A10

That's how I rolled a while back, until I got FaceTrackNOIR to work.

As for the uselessness of the throttles though, I can't really agree...

The keyboard throttle implementation is too course to be practical as the only engine power control. A single tap will change the RPM by 10% which is too much. I cannot image trying to use the hotas throttle for only idle and max. Pulling out of a ground attach dive or bushwacking a hind without the mech throttle would be much more difficult.

If you do any AI formation flying, they require about 4X the distance to completely form up than if you used 90% RPM early in the flight.

-Pv-