Operation Talon's Reach

redfish

Hello Gentlemen

This video was recorded prior to the recent DCS World v1.2.5 update. Today, I want to showcase one of my favourite DCS World mission authors: Joyride aka deephouse and his recent mission - Operation Talon's Reach. The mission is a four player A-10C co-op mission involving aircraft start up from Vaziani airbase and a leisurely transit to the AO surrounding the enemy skies of Senaki airbase. An aerial refueling can be performed en-route, or for those whose AAR skills require more practice, carry an external centreline tank as necessary and jettison it prior to AO ingress. The mission requires you to have knowledge on how to input UTM coordinates in the CDU and bullseye/offset CDU inputs to locate and prosecute enemy targets, features multiple voiceover's and the biggest skill of all: Player target co-ordination. (aka sharing targets equally amongst your flight) The action comes in waves and has well spaced AI events to keep your interest from waning. Keep to a safe altitude or end up getting shot down in flames. AAA and manpads don't mix will with the A-10C. Fly low at your own peril, consider yourself warned. Overall myself and the guys found it to be an excellent mission, where you can while away a lazy three or four hours, out of an already hectic life and really commit to a serious relationship between yourself and the Thrustmaster Warthog. Try and explain that to the girlfriend/wife: commit, serious, relationship, & warthog. Good luck with that one. You will need the luck for the mission, and the wife/girlfriend, and if you fly low in AAA/manpad altitudes.

I originally scored it a 7/10 but it got an 8/10 because female voice over B-1B pilots are hot!

Scored 8/10

Apologies to: Gooseman for crashing at Vaziani.

Thanks to: AusHappy, Panthro & Archon for the laughs.

Edited by redfish
spelliung mishtakes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

Thanks smithcorp,

That's what I have always thought of with joyride's missions. Fantastic quality. My editing leaves a lot to be desired, but like my flying skills, I get better with practice. Glad you enjoyed it. I did flying it.

Redfish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men