cbu-97 falling way short & weird green gaphics

Dr Zaius

Title says it all really, I did do a search for the CBU-97's falling short and this looks to have been a problem in the past but I think it was fixed - I created a FC3 mission last night with my A10-A armed with a mix of 4 X CBU-87's - 4 X CBU97's & 6 MK20's - all ordinance was fairly accurate apart for the 97's which fall way short (tried both bombing modes) - I also noticed that the weapon view key no longer work once the cannister has opened, I'm sure you used to be able to follow the bomblets down to their targets?

I've also got a weird graphic anomaly with explosions, the initial flames and smoke are sometimes this weird green graphical effect which I need to take a screenshot of. I’ve a Gigabyte GTX770 Nvidia card that’s using the latest drivers - sorry if I’m being a little vague with the exact spec / driver details I just trying to see if anyone else was having the same problems?

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

...I also noticed that the weapon view key no longer work once the cannister has opened, I'm sure you used to be able to follow the bomblets down to their targets?
Yes, you used to be able to watch the bomblets drop to their targets. No longer, it seems. Too bad. I liked that.

what was your alt when you dropped? I use those CBU97s and 87's religiously and I don't seem to have that problem, falling short.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

A little O.T. but do you guys find the CBU-87s are a real FPS hit? I tried them last night and was surprised how they slowed down my machine.

not at all, most people said this patch they gained FPS, when they drop them.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

not at all, most people said this patch they gained FPS, when they drop them.
I haven't tried it in 1.2.5 yet, just 1.2.4. But I've read a couple of posts where people have said they are still an FPS killer, even in 1.2.5. I'll have to try it tonight. Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread. Back To Orignal Topic (B.T.O.T.):) ...

Started at about angels 8 and worked my way down, weird thing is that the the other 2 CBU's seem completely fine, just the 97's! There's no HOF to mess around with is there?

And yes, there's a major frame rate when stuff starts blowing up - mostly green but thats a known bug (thank you Silver Dragon), saying that I've only started playing FC3 so haven't got a prior version to compare, just from what I've seen in A10-C

Edited by Dr Zaius

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Started at about angels 8 and worked my way down, weird thing is that the the other 2 CBU's seem completely fine, just the 97's! There's no HOF to mess around with is there?

And yes, there's a major frame rate when stuff starts blowing up - mostly green but thats a known bug (thank you Silver Dragon), saying that I've only started playing FC3 so haven't go a prior version to compare, just from what I've seen in A10-C

Yes there should be a HOF for 97's. Recently CBU's have had a weird impact on FPS

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Yes there should be a HOF for 97's

Really, on the A10-A?

What is a HOF?

Height of function - it's set using the MFD but the A10-A hasn't got one of those!

I allways set my HOF to 900 or 1200 to help with wind. CUB's put my FSP in th 10.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...