Ideal Computer Specs for Home Cockpit

memento10

Assuming a triple monitor setup of 5040x1080 for outside view and Helios on a 4th monitor, what are today's ideal computer specs? Considering DCS still really only uses 1 core (sound on 2nd core), and the amount of memory a setup like this uses? Let's keep the budget reasonable, say under $2k for all components. No point in discussing power supplies or cases but the meat and bones:

Processor: i5-4670k

Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro

Memory Size and Speed: 2 x 8GB, PC3-15000, 1866MHz

VideoCard(s): 2 x Geforce 670 (4GB) OR 2 x Radeon 7950 (3GB)

Hard Drive: Solid State 240 GB Kingston

Do you think there's anything better than this setup today for under $2k all in? Would you do 2 'pretty good' video cards or 1 amazing one? Have to consider having enough video outs for atleast 4 monitors.

Edited by memento10

Assuming a triple monitor setup of 5040x1080 for outside view and Helios on a 4th monitor, what are today's ideal computer specs? Considering DCS still really only uses 1 core (sound on 2nd core), and the amount of memory a setup like this uses? Let's keep the budget reasonable, say under $2k for all components. No point in discussing power supplies or cases but the meat and bones:

Processor: i5-4670k

Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro

Memory Size and Speed: 2 x 8GB, PC3-15000, 1866MHz

VideoCard(s): 2 x Geforce 670 (4GB) OR 2 x Radeon 7950 (3GB)

Hard Drive: Solid State 240 GB Kingston

Do you think there's anything better than this setup today for under $2k all in? Would you do 2 'pretty good' video cards or 1 amazing one? Have to consider having enough video outs for atleast 4 monitors.

Actually, the power supply is probably the most important part of your system..

So yeah I would discuss it..

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth