A10A 1.2.5 bugs

frakkingcylon

Target acquiring with the AGM-65D is still strange. The missile seeker moves strange when zoomed in (key press left moves the seeker right and vice versa), and locking SAM units happens later than other units. The lock of a SAM threat is acquired even later than the surroundings. The AGM-65K seems to have no magnification at all. I have not tested this extensively.

For AP Modes:

LAlt+4 Arms EAC, LAlt+5 Disables it.

LAlt+3 = LAAP Altitude/Bank Hold

LAlt+2 = LAAP Altitude/Heading Hold

LAlt+1 = LAAP Path Hold

To Switch between modes, AutoPilot has to be off,

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

For AP Modes:

LAlt+4 Arms EAC, LAlt+5 Disables it.

LAlt+3 = LAAP Altitude/Bank Hold

LAlt+2 = LAAP Altitude/Heading Hold

LAlt+1 = LAAP Path Hold

To Switch between modes, AutoPilot has to be off,

Ah so it seams the auto pilot functions are just different than before. Thanks for pointing that out!

Target acquiring with the AGM-65D is still strange. The missile seeker moves strange when zoomed in (key press left moves the seeker right and vice versa), and locking SAM units happens later than other units. The lock of a SAM threat is acquired even later than the surroundings. The AGM-65K seems to have no magnification at all. I have not tested this extensively.

I fully agree. I would say the AGM-65D is seriously porked. Moving the seeker is indeed erratic; getting a lock seems only to work from less than 3 miles away. Two out of three Mav-D's that I launch simply overshoot their target. Simply unworkable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, it seems with the engines turned off/shutdown, the first stage fan blades are not visible. It still looks like a flat circular plane with blurred shades (like from the phase when engines are running). Either this is intentional to cut down the polycount or... wouldn't mind if the model would be improved in that area.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, it seems with the engines turned off/shutdown, the first stage fan blades are not visible. It still looks like a flat circular plane with blurred shades (like from the phase when engines are running). Either this is intentional to cut down the polycount or... wouldn't mind if the model would be improved in that area.

I've been comparing A-10C to A-10A yesterday and yeah, it sux that fan is blurred for A.

While I posted this under FC3, I think it is because of the update to the A-10A so I'm reposting here:

I have created two short cross-country missions in the A-10A FC3 most current version. At the end of the mission the program has CTD with the comment "DCS Has Stopped Working" as it tries to go from the end of mission to the mission summary screen.

Don't know if this has been reported before. It did it from flying the mission inside the mission editor as well as selecting it from a mission list outside the editor.

Alienware Aurora R3

Intel ® Core i7-2600K CPU @3.4 GHz

CPU 64 Bits

ClockSpeed 3401 MHz

Video Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1280 MB

RAM 8 GB

HardDriv 2TB

DirectX 11

WartHog HOTAS

Track IR

A-10C, BS 2, P-51D. UH-1H Huey, FC 3

There were no error logs in the game folder: saved games/DCS/logs. The crashes occurred while trying to go to the mission summary GUI. The A-10A missions where the crash occurred was going from one base to another.

Another point, on another mission I created in the A-10A I took off from the runway, pulled up into a closed pattern and landed, total three minutes fifty seconds at the same base. The log only recorded three items; Mission Start, Took Control, and Mission End. I've flown it several times and it does not record takeoff or landing or give me credit in the General Debriefing Window. The system is not recording time, landing, etc. on my pilot record. I've done a similar mission editor problem for the F-15C and SU-33 and both of those work fine and record fine. It seems to be a A-10A problem.

Some stuff about pit. I don't know if fourth picture shows bug or it is normal in A-10A, I'm not flying it IRL.

The first two pictures aren't gaps in the 3D cockpit model, they are the slight gap between the cockpit model and the external model.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

While I posted this under FC3, I think it is because of the update to the A-10A so I'm reposting here:

I have created two short cross-country missions in the A-10A FC3 most current version. At the end of the mission the program has CTD with the comment "DCS Has Stopped Working" as it tries to go from the end of mission to the mission summary screen.

Don't know if this has been reported before. It did it from flying the mission inside the mission editor as well as selecting it from a mission list outside the editor.

Alienware Aurora R3

Intel ® Core i7-2600K CPU @3.4 GHz

CPU 64 Bits

ClockSpeed 3401 MHz

Video Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1280 MB

RAM 8 GB

HardDriv 2TB

DirectX 11

WartHog HOTAS

Track IR

A-10C, BS 2, P-51D. UH-1H Huey, FC 3

There were no error logs in the game folder: saved games/DCS/logs. The crashes occurred while trying to go to the mission summary GUI. The A-10A missions where the crash occurred was going from one base to another.

Another point, on another mission I created in the A-10A I took off from the runway, pulled up into a closed pattern and landed, total three minutes fifty seconds at the same base. The log only recorded three items; Mission Start, Took Control, and Mission End. I've flown it several times and it does not record takeoff or landing or give me credit in the General Debriefing Window. The system is not recording time, landing, etc. on my pilot record. I've done a similar mission editor problem for the F-15C and SU-33 and both of those work fine and record fine. It seems to be a A-10A problem.

well I tried your missions; couldn't find the OP.. so posting my findings here.

No CTD for me but I could not fire the right rockets, only the left rockets would fire.

and the wheel breaks do not work.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||