Side Gunners With TRackIR : Test Please

marker

Hey Guys

Can someone with TrackIR please try this out foe me..

I have disabled the trackir gun option thingy in the special tab of the controls menu.

What I assumed it would do is when I swapped to Side gunners or Co-Pilot, it would allow me to use my mouse to control these.

While trying it I got no response from anything while switched, turned the mouse control on, LCtrl - C I am sure, the yellow crosshair did appear on screen, but I wasn't able to move the side guns etc..

Could someone try for me please before I report the bug.

Many Thanks

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

the same happens to me, using FacetrackNOIR. Either I start the game with the IR tracking system completely off (e.g. the software not running), then I can control guns and 2nd pilot flex sight with the mouse, else I am stuck with the tracking system or nothing...

I noticed this too, very cumbersome to say the least. The quickest remedy (and obviously the most goofy) is to use your free hand to block your Track IR probes and mouse control seems to work OK.

Ok. I jumped in and gave it a go. I seem to be ok with the main guns from either pilot or co-pilot position with Track on or off. Can't keep my head behind the door gunner sight though so only accurate in one position otherwise the front and rear sights no longer align and you have to shoot judging from the tracer impacts. No good.

Edit: Went back and tried again. If I move to the door gunner with IR shut off (F9) then mouse aiming is good. If I use Track IR to aim first then shut it off (F9) I can no longer keep the front and rear sights aligned in mouse mode. Gun still moves with the mouse however.

Edit: Tried again and I get proper mouse aim with the door gunner as long as I disable Track IR BEFORE switching to the gunner position.

Edited by lorenzoj

Guys

Can you try with the option to turn TrackIr off within the special controls, just like myself and I assume Livebait has...

Looking at the special options as I said in OP it has an option now to disable trackir aiming..

2v0o0pf.jpg

Thanks for trying everyone..

but I like aiming with head tracking just not for door gunners. Could we have separate gunners from copilot? pleeease? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Just set up a trackir pause button then mouse becomes the primary control.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

No, what Jay43 is saying is to disable TrackIR manually. For example, in TrackIR software, I map a button as "Pause IR" function. Then in the game, you can just pause it. Mouse will take over automatically.

Of course, that's the intent of the new option...but it looks like there are some kinks to work out.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Bit of a WIP this function. I ticked the box to disable trackIR and what it did for me was: when I moved to gunner position from pilot position the trackIR was disabled. The trackIR was not in itself paused(both led's were green not orange for paused)but the trackIR "function" was disabled in game leaving me with activated "mouse look" function. However the LALT-C key command did nothing and the guns remained static and unmovable. The same happens for the miniguns in co-pilot seat.

So back to the drawing board with this one. If I may suggest a work-around for what "should" be happening....

If it's possible:- in the Huey Lua you can try add a "command/function" that is effectively a "key press"

Example: TrackIR pause function = F1, change to door gun = 3&4....

SO!.. Huey.Lua (scripty scropty blah blah stuff "switch to gun"(left) + F1(pause trackIR) = happy aiming and shooting.. well it's a thought, maybe not a good one but possibly possible.

Its quite simple if you have track ir you must have set up a pause function short cut key hot key what ever you want to call it within the track ir itself not DCS.

Upon entering the door gunner position pause track ir and mouse becomes primary, if you disable track ir in the DCS options tabs then you're on ya own I have no idea what that does apart from what it says.

Track ir on the flexi co-pilots POV is awesome its like the AH-64 the guns a tethered to where you look see some enemy shoot'em, see a convoy coming down the road look and squeeze that trigger in one pass they all gone except for tanks there a bit tougher.

System Spec.

No, what Jay43 is saying is to disable TrackIR manually. For example, in TrackIR software, I map a button as "Pause IR" function. Then in the game, you can just pause it. Mouse will take over automatically.

Of course, that's the intent of the new option...but it looks like there are some kinks to work out.

Exactly thank you its how we have been rolling since day one.

@ Marker we all have the same version of the game only ED Testers or who ever Belsimtek have chosen to test would have a different version to the rest of us.

If you are using Track ir Marker you set up a pause the same way as you did for track ir centre inside of the track ir itself not DCS.

System Spec.

I tried the DCS option checkbox for Track IR aiming and the results were poor.

If I do a normal disable of Track IR BEFORE I switch to the door gunner then all is good. If I wait till I am in the gunner position then the sight alignment gets wacky

Guys

I know that before pausing TrackIR worked for some of us, and didn't work for others.

Now I am assuming that the new option to disable trackir aiming, does exactly that.

The problem I am having is that it doesn't work at all, I still cannot use my mouse to aim, either the side gunners or the co-pilot gun..

Simple as that, the option to not use trackir works or it doesn't, no pausing of TrackIR to use mouse etc..

Marker. Agreed on the "it should work" But since it doesn't work correctly, the pausing is the workaround.

Are there folks here where pausing of TrackIR does *not* work? And it's repeatable? But can those folks do one test for me? Outside of the door gunner position, does PAUSE function work? Perhaps TrackIR's programming is hosed.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The Track IR pause works for me anytime I hit the default (for me F9) key. Make sure you don't have a conflict set up in the DCS keybinds perhaps.

And, in short, NO the DCS checkbox does not appear to work yet ! Use the Track IR pause function instead

Edited by lorenzoj