Su-25T and Su-25

A different plane. :D

They are actually quite different aircraft, the Su-25 is older, no HUD, no Skhval or vikhr missiles. The other thing is that the Su-25 (paid one) has a much better cockpit compared to the old 2D one in the free -25T.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Also, the Su-25A (if you want to call it that) is a little more nimble than the Su-25T because it isn't as weighed down with all the electronics that the 'toad' is. It's definitely an old school plane which is part of its charm.

Yeah, I think I am just going to get FC3 because it comes with all the aircraft. Probably cheaper than buying individually, even if I need to purchase Lock On. Do the FC3 aircraft have a clickable cockpit, or is there a lot of keys to remember?
Cockpits are not clickable in FC3 but the aircraft are not high-fidelity like A-10C so learning the keys isn't overly difficult. And, of course, many of the key commands are the same for all the aircraft.

it's pretty much like A-10A vs A-10C for the Russians.

SU-25T is full of Electronics and Computers and Stuff.

SU-25A, The Targeting POD = Binoculars... :p

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Cockpits are not clickable in FC3 but the aircraft are not high-fidelity like A-10C so learning the keys isn't overly difficult. And, of course, many of the key commands are the same for all the aircraft.

One last question. Is it worth it to get the FC3 aircraft if you are into the high fidelity models like the A-10C and such? In other words, is it still simulation-like or arcade-like?

Finally, do you think people that play multiplayer using the less high fidelity aircraft have an advantage because they are easier to use?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC]http://www.s77th.com[/sIGPIC]

One last question. Is it worth it to get the FC3 aircraft if you are into the high fidelity models like the A-10C and such? In other words, is it still simulation-like or arcade-like?

Finally, do you think people that play multiplayer using the less high fidelity aircraft have an advantage because they are easier to use?

Thanks.

If you are really, really into high-fidelity, high-complexity simulations, then maybe FC3 isn't for you. However, I wouldn't call the FC3 aircraft arcade-like. Especially with the advanced flight models coming. I'd say they are more mid-fidelity. There is still a learning curve. And you still have to employ tactics that make best use of your plane and weapons.

As far as multi-player advantage, ya maybe. Depends on how well you know your systems and your aircraft. But right now, there isn't really a modern air superiority plane at DCS high fidelity levels. Not until the F-18C comes out which will be awesome.

Thanks.

There are two fidelity. The AFM and the Avionic. The FC3 avionic is simple but this does not mean that the FC3 avionics have advantage in comparison with the A-10C, is just the contrary. The A-10C have all the avionic to change the target Location and make a flight plan, the FC3 avionic have not. So the main question of the A-10C avionic is that is not simple and fast to manage while the Ka-50 systems are really fast to do everything.

The Ka-50 full avionic and the Su-25T simple avionic have the same targeting system at the nose, and both procedure can take the same time to be ready to combat.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, it's an optical sight, not a HuD, much like a P-51 has an optical sight and not a HuD :)

Su-25A has a HUD, even if it looks simple, it's still a Head-Up Display.

It must be used to target Kh-25ML with a laser for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There's nothing arcade like about them. Bottom line is, once you learn all of the switches and other fun things in a hi-fi plane, your process becomes exactly the same as it is in an FC3 plane: Detect, designate, fire.

Hi-fi modules give you a lot more options, but FC3 planes or mid-fi aircraft are certainly not arcade.

Nope. Like I said above, there's really nothing hard about hi-fi aircraft. Once you do learn the systems, even though the learning curve is longer, everything ends up working on the same process.

Once you've set up on the ground, if that, in your hi-fi F-15/Su-27, you're pretty much flipping the radar on/off, changing modes, and shooting missiles in the same way - and that's really all you need for combat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

While on the subject of the Su-25's, I'm hoping ED does a module for Su-25T in the same manner as the Su-25. I can understand not wanting to invest in a free aircraft before, but perhaps with this new way of buying the FC3 aircraft they might consider making a 3D cockpit you can purchase as an upgrade. Free version gets you the 2D cockpit instead.

I'm assuming the external model is already going to be updated at some point in the future anyway since ED is in the process of redoing all their models.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Su-25T already comes with DCSW, IIRC.

I think he meant something like selling an updated 25T pit (akin to the new 25A pit) as "DLC" or whatever.

Assuming a sane price point, I would consider it actually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think he meant something like selling an updated 25T pit (akin to the new 25A pit) as "DLC" or whatever.

You are correct, I meant making a 3D pit as a purchasable upgrade (since I wouldn't expect them to invest in a cockpit for a free aircraft without charging for it).

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

In 2013 nothing is free, and if it's free, it's in 2D ;)

Good suggestion about the DLC.

But IMHO ED can do whatever they want after they've released the F/A-18, I wouldn't care if they spent 2 years working on EDGE and not releasing anything else.

So gief hi-fi fastmover plix! :D

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

If you like the "Flight" in Flight Simulation than the Su-25 is for you, whether you buy it with Lockon FC3 or separate.

It is really nice to fly, crisp, fast, you really "feel" the aircraft. And less sluggish than the Su-25T.

But it's not an anti-tank weapon: the Su-25 is for very classical ground attack and closer-than-you-like air support, with dumb bombs and rockets, or with the rudimentary Kh-25ML laser-guided missile.

Super fun if you ask me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 Tflash.

I generally fly A-10 and BMS (still waiting on DCS: Fighter) but I still hop into the old Su-25 for some "old style" flying. The campaign was fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Yeah, I would upgrade my Su-25T pit without question. I'm also hoping we'll see MiG-29 DCS Flaming Cliffs in the not too distant future.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Su-25T will have 3D pit. It is a must for ED promotion.

ED gives DCS: World with free Su-25T. What would potential customer think about it when sees such flat 2D cockpit? "WTF we have 2013 now, not 2003"

So either they want or not, it is a must to upgrade 25T's pit to full 6DOF.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Su-25T will have 3D pit. It is a must for ED promotion.

ED gives DCS: World with free Su-25T. What would potential customer think about it when sees such flat 2D cockpit? "WTF we have 2013 now, not 2003"

So either they want or not, it is a must to upgrade 25T's pit to full 6DOF.

Exactly, if one day the free Toad 3d pit will come, it won't be due to current users' whining, it will be ED's marketing decision focused on potential undecided future customers. Simle and pragmatic :smilewink: