Long stutters during multiplayer

Trainzak

When playing online with lots of fellow players (for example on Virtual Aerobatics Server) I have long stutters (even for 5 seconds or more) everytime, when another plane comes into screen. The worst is switching views on other planes using F2 key. It hangs almost everytime when I switch.

This is my PC:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2800 MHz overclocked @ 3400 MHz

A-DATA Extreme DDR2 800 4 GB

GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB, overclocked 650/1600/950 MHz

WD3200AAKS 320 GB

I know it's old, but as far as I know, it's well above minimal requirements. I have almost every graphic setting on low. Also note that in singleplayer everything runs perfectly smooth with more than 30FPS. What do you suggest to eliminate these stutters?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2800 MHz overclocked @ 3400 MHz

A-DATA Extreme DDR2 800 MHz 6 GB

GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB, overclocked 650/1600/950 MHz

Windows 7 x64

From what I have seen on the forums, lots of Ram and very fast access hard drives help tremendously with the stutters. I too have a system very similar to yours and suffer the same problems. Planning a new system upgrade soon...

• Like 1

4 gigs of RAM and the platter drive are your issues OP. Processor speed is good- Your 9800 isn't helping things either though the speeds aren't bad the 512 vRAM is basically a drop in a big, big bucket.

Make sure you're not overestimating your systems capabilities... keep the graphics details very low, with trees and view distance relatively short. Shadows off... etc.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art