Su-33 wingman is not the smartest cookie...

Pizzicato

I've just flown a couple of self-made practice missions for myself and an AI wingman. The missions are simple "take off from an airbase and then land on a moving carrier" affairs.

Unfortunately, I'm now 4-for-4 in terms of my wingman suicidally landing 2 seconds after me and smashing through my still-attached-to-the-wires aircraft. This happens regardless of whether I allow him to stay in formation or command him to RTB.

Adding this to the list of behaviours to be addressed when the ATC gets updated would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

NightLanding.trk

Edited by Pizzicato
Added TRK

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Check out this TRK for an even better example. The craziness that ensues on landing is pretty much perfect:

1. I land

2. My wingman lands on top of me about 1 second later

3. I remain burning on the deck

4. My wingman's burning Su-33 slows to a halt about 100m ahead of the ship (but suspended in midair at deck height)

5. My plane explodes

6. My wingman's plane begins reversing towards the carrier (at least that's what it looks like)

Not sure whether to :megalol: or :cry:

TwilightLanding.trk

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Pizzicator, I moved this over to the DCS World - the AI share the same code-base as World, and there seem to be a few loose ends regarding the AI these days.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning