Anti-Torque Rotor Sound

[Knight]

Don't know if this has been mentioned but if so sorry. I have noticed while breaking of the main rotors all sound stops except the whine of the turbine, but yet the the anti-torque rotor is still rotating at full rpm so therefor still should make that hi-pitch buzzing sound. Is there a plan in the future to add a sound file to the anti-torque rotor separate from the main rotor sound.

Don't get me wrong love the sound of the the thing. I just think having two different sound files for two different items makes sense and it would make it more authentic then it already is.

Edited by [Knight]

+1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

There is no separate tail rotor sound file. So, I'm not sure about it personally.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Is it "RotorUH1H_High.wav" or which one?

UH1HTailRotor.wav

UH1HTailRotorSide.wav

Oh! My bad! Sorry; Actually shame on me!

Were they there from the begining or come with 1.2.5 update?

Aah, it's still 1.2.4. ... :doh: I think I was going to say "last update"...

After ~5 hours babysitting, that happens to me... :baby:

I need sleep immediately. :wacko:

Why worry about such a futile thing which is probably unrealistic in the first place?

If you think about it and analyze, what would likely happen when the main rotor snaps off is the turbine whine up to a very high rpm because all of a sudden there's a lot less drag and friction, so you'd definitely hear that, the tailshaft would probably overspeed and break.

AH no you would hear the tail rotor and it would not break because of the RPM of the turbine is still turning at its normal rate. Keep in mind the Huey has a governor and it works. Yes your right the shaft COULD break but not do to the turbine RPM it would be a failure in the transmission. And it is a relevant problem tho small but as long as that tail rotor spins it should make a sound and the fact is IT DON'T when the main rotors are gone anyway.

Edited by [Knight]

Everybody knows there's a governor. But will it still work if the main rotor flies off? The RPM would spike up tremendously, that's for sure, probably breaking a lot of stuff :-)

Might even break the whole tailboom if you ask me.

Everybody knows there's a governor. But will it still work if the main rotor flies off? The RPM would spike up tremendously, that's for sure, probably breaking a lot of stuff :-)

Might even break the whole tailboom if you ask me.

Well here is the thing I broke off the main rotor, tail rotor still intact still spinning no sound from the tail rotor...... any way to prove your point I tested your theory. You can try your self if you don't believe me.

1. Break your rotor off while on the ground.

2. Observe the tail rotor still spinning as normal.(NO SOUND)

3. Set governor to emergency. (YELLOW TRIANGULAR SWITCH NEXT TO THE FUEL CUTOFF SWITCH)

4. Establish 100% collective.

5. Observe both your torque and turbine rpm gauges as the needle surpasses the red-lines.( VERY BAD)

6. Go to external view as your turbine shuts down due to a catastrophic failure.

7. Observe the tail rotor not spinning due to the above as you can hear the turbine still spool down.

Now the damage model recognizes that fact that you mentioned above so if the sim says the tail rotor wont break due to the main rotor separation than its not going to. According to real life Huey pilots this is accurate so your telling me that Belsimtek either A. don't know how to develop a digital aircraft or B. just forgot to make file X work when part B breaks.

P.s. I'm not trying to be a d**k about this I'm just pointing out the facts. If they decide to change this because it would most likely happen to break things, then kudos to them and us for helping them find this bug.

The point is I made this thread to recognize that there is a problem with the sound file executing.

Edited by [Knight]

The sim is just severely lacking here, that's the whole (futile) problem.

Btw, why switch the governor to emergency, why not just shut it off?

Setting the governor to emergency is the same thing as off. With it switched to emergency, it does not govern the turbine rpm so that you can keep the RPM's up during an auto-rotation.

And I retried that test apparently I wasn't thinking strait but the tail rotor stopped due to the collective being at 100% so the transmission stopped it before the turbine shut down completely . So that being said it didn't break. but you sure can destroy that turbine. :D

Any way your getting off topic. If you like to continue your argument about the damage model, I suggest putting up a new thread.

And this sim is far from lacking my friend, keep in mind its still BETA. Just wait till they add the new game engine. It will open up allot of possibilities... We hope. If they fixed everything that everyone post. We would still be flying LOMAC. Patience is a virtue. Yes the sim is way over due, but the ED team is small and they wouldn't be this far with out the community. So just bare with it.

Edited by [Knight]

Sorry to disappoint you, but in this specific area the sim is lacking realism. A little bit of common sense and system knowledge would be enough to know that the tailboom would probably break off, or the power train for the tailrotor would fail somewhere if the main rotor came off. This isn't really offtopic.

Doubtful. The effect on torque that losing your M/R has is equal to going into auto-rotation. No power, no torque. If anything there would be slightly more torque if your rotor flies off than an auto, because the shaft is still spinning.

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Sorry to disappoint you, but in this specific area the sim is lacking realism. A little bit of common sense and system knowledge would be enough to know that the tailboom would probably break off, or the power train for the tailrotor would fail somewhere if the main rotor came off. This isn't really offtopic.

Yes, you are off topic, READ the thread name.......Anti-Torque Rotor Sound.

Wokka you shouldn't come in a thread and just spit words out without reading the first post and you would know that this thread is about the sound file ONCE again, not... shouldn't that break, because you think it would if... Oh and if you want realism join the Airforce, because all the other sims don't even come close to this and I think the next closest thing would be Falcon 4.0. But the Airforce wouldn't accept you because of your 1st grade reading comprehension level.

b00ce is correct in my book. The worst that would happen to the Huey other than the plummet to earth and then a fire ball when separation happens is a heavy vibration, that would be absorbed through the chassis, the turbine will still spin well within its limits. Now when you zero your collective and pull back the cyclic while in the air, the Huey increases it vert-speed. The turbine rpm's rise because of the rush of air spinning the rotors faster due to the increased rate of decent. That being said has more cause of the rise of rpm's more than the separation of the rotor.

Edited by [Knight]

Already in the airforce, already flying helicopters, already got hours on the Huey. I really do not need your advice lol. Extremely happy about the realism of this Huey sim, but not everything's perfect. I'm talking ontopic because in this particular situation tail rotor sound would most likely not be present in reality because it'd be broken.

Not comparable to the forces you have with an autorotation at all... Please guys, don't make these weird assumptions... As if losing the main rotor system is a very smooth maneuver lol...

If for some strange reason the tail rotor would still be working and would still be spinning, very unlikely, you'd probably only hear the engines spin like crazy. Even though there's a governor, there's now so little resistance, the governor can not maintain the engine's rpm within normal limits. It's not designed for that.

Edited by Wokka

That's a fair point about the engine RPM, but I don't know if it would be enough for the T/R to rip the tail boom off. Either way though, if the Jesus nut fails you're having a bad day.

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals