Changing graphics cards

I am updating my video card to an EVGA GTX770 with 4GB VRAM -- my old 470 has been having HW failures which cause the driver to stop and recover (and sometimes not recover) and I can almost hear its dieing breaths :megalol:.

Anyone have experience yet with the 770? I guess it's still fairly new. The model I am getting is the EVGA "Classified" that has their ACX cooler. How much difference do you think I will see (other than my power supply complaining :smilewink:).

TIA for your answers.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

I don't think your power supply will complain at all, actually. The upper-tier 400-series cards were power-hogs. The 770 is not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Blaster - I was looking at the the same card last week, it's quite a good card on the benchmarks, but I went instead for the GTX 780 as I wanted an upgrade right away...the shops in Toronto did not have the 770 in-stock, last week with the ACX Cooler. IMO...its worth the step-up if you have the extra funds....I was having issues with low fps on the AMD Sapphire 7850...swapped out for the GTX 780 and I'm running 75-85fps on Max settings, no issues...not even when I'm low and slow with the A-10C.

BTW - Guys I'm looking to sell my Sapphire 7850, only had it since May 2013...don't have the box...but it's good to go, PM if interested.

"it don't matter, no more..."

==========================================