Fancy new waypoint tool

Fuzzy_bear

Was having an Issue with the TU-95"Bear" bombers where they kept killing each other before I could get a chance to even get in the air. Seems their self preservation is non-existent when it comes to close formation flying with each other and I wanted a lot more than just 3 to shoot at. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get more than 1 in a group even when I select 4 of 4 there is still only. So to remedy this I've had to "clone" them. the problem however is keeping them nice and neatly separated to look like they're flying in a formation. and when you clone a group with waypoints... seems they hardly made it to the first turn before the suicidal AI pilots started ramming each other out the sky.... solution?... birth of my new "external" waypoint tool.

You can laugh as much as you like...

But it works better than you'd think all be it somewhat time consuming lol.

2013-07-30-304_zpsc14e466e.jpg

All nice and neat(ish) and a bit confusing but at least they don't crash into each other anymore..

2013-07-30-306_zps72354ddf.jpg

Hardly mathematically precise but it does the job for a "quick Fix"

• Like 1

Sometimes simpliest is the best..what is the distance between the lines..I like the idea..:thumbup:

Was having an Issue with the TU-95"Bear" bombers where they kept killing each other before I could get a chance to even get in the air. Seems their self preservation is non-existent when it comes to close formation flying with each other and I wanted a lot more than just 3 to shoot at. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get more than 1 in a group even when I select 4 of 4 there is still only. So to remedy this I've had to "clone" them. the problem however is keeping them nice and neatly separated to look like they're flying in a formation. and when you clone a group with waypoints... seems they hardly made it to the first turn before the suicidal AI pilots started ramming each other out the sky.... solution?... birth of my new "external" waypoint tool.

You can laugh as much as you like...

But it works better than you'd think all be it somewhat time consuming lol.

2013-07-30-304_zpsc14e466e.jpg

All nice and neat(ish) and a bit confusing but at least they don't crash into each other anymore..

2013-07-30-306_zps72354ddf.jpg

Hardly mathematically precise but it does the job for a "quick Fix"

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

I used the in game ME measuring tool for 500 feet then just marked it on the paper by holding it on the line against the screen then roughly guestimated squares. Then used the 1:5000 zoom scale in the ME to place the planes and waypoints. End result starts out like this...

Screen_130730_190438_zps4793ac14.jpg

Screen_130730_190748_zps92483736.jpg

But unfortunately they don't stay that neat but atleast they don't have a go at playing "bumper planes"

cool..thanks..I can work with that...thanks..

:thumbup:

I used the in game ME measuring tool for 500 feet then just marked it on the paper by holding it on the line against the screen then roughly guestimated squares. Then used the 1:5000 zoom scale in the ME to place the planes and waypoints. End result starts out like this...

Screen_130730_190438_zps4793ac14.jpg

Screen_130730_190748_zps92483736.jpg

But unfortunately they don't stay that neat but atleast they don't have a go at playing "bumper planes"

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...