cannot start p51 anymore

dooom

..very frustrated - since new patch i absolutely cannot get the darn plane to fire up on ramp start. Did something change or did i get a little bit :joystick: since last week?

I never had any problems before. i tried 3 servers tonight and same results.

It just sputters and dies.

can someone please confirm a ramp start works as expected in MP? Am i going crazy?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

if it sputters and dies it means either ur not changing ur mixture (pressing M when it starts turning over on its own) or ur magnitos are off, if its too hot or too cold sometimes u need to keep tapping M till it gets up to full idle rpms then stopping pressing M on auto once the engines up to speed

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't use throttle at all. forget about that one inch open at start. Imho never worked properly and the engine choked with fuel most of the times.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I've seen on random rare occasions where the engine wouldn't cooperate and everything seemed correct in a known environment. Not sure why that is. There is something you may want to try to avoid some frustration at times like those... if you jockey the mixture setting (Mine is a the 3-way switch on my throttle) you can force an ornery engine to start. It's a combination of moving between the three positions a few times to keep the prop rotating until it catches. Might not be the correct method but it's better than punching your keyboard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I've noticed a slight difference. Like Merlin-27 said, jiggle the mixture between idle cutoff and run a few times while it's sputtering and it will fire if it's giving you trouble. I have mine set to a 3-way switch as well. I used this method even before 1.2.5 if I was having trouble.

hmmm - ok i will try foregoing the 1 inch throttle and see if that works. as for the mix jiggle - i tried that and no-go.

definately have fuel valve and magnetos on... i started the p51 many many times before - ergo my frustration

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

hmmm - ok i will try foregoing the 1 inch throttle and see if that works. as for the mix jiggle - i tried that and no-go.

definately have fuel valve and magnetos on... i started the p51 many many times before - ergo my frustration

Hey man, I saw you logged on my server tonight. Did you have this same issue there?

EDIT:

Logged on to my combat server and tried about 20 start-ups from Nalchik and Beslan.

My findings were interesting. With 0% throttle I can start no problem. With 1" to 50% throttle I have to do the mixture trick to get it to finally catch but it does start every time. You can perform that mixture trick by just switching between Idle cutoff and RUN(Auto Rich). It seems pretty quick and reliable if you just go 1 second between each until the prop gets up to speed and stays there.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Hey man, I saw you logged on my server tonight. Did you have this same issue there?

EDIT:

Logged on to my combat server and tried about 20 start-ups from Nalchik and Beslan.

My findings were interesting. With 0% throttle I can start no problem. With 1" to 50% throttle I have to do the mixture trick to get it to finally catch but it does start every time. You can perform that mixture trick by just switching between Idle cutoff and RUN(Auto Rich). It seems pretty quick and reliable if you just go 1 second between each until the prop gets up to speed and stays there.

Yeah - I can confirm 0% throttle was the trick. Definitely changed after patch IMO... If I use 1" the plane doesn't start.

Happy to be able to start the bird again though :thumbup: