[DCS World - A10-C] - RWR Audio Expansion

Actually it is a bug with this mod specifically. The line in the ALR69_param.lua for the F-15E is missing. The same is true for the Mig-21, although the Mig-21 is missing from the default DCS file as well (as of 1.2.10).

You can fix it by using the ALR69_param.lua attached below until Tetra can update the mod. Hopefully he can add audio for the Mig-21 at the same time. ;)

ALR69_param.lua

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

With the newest update, the "aircrafts" folder is now called "aircraft".

Easy to change manually to get it to work though. Hoping to see the Mig-21 added in the future.

Great Mod btw :thumbup:

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

A small bug, the F-15E appears as U (unknown)

With the newest update, the "aircrafts" folder is now called "aircraft".

Easy to change manually to get it to work though. Hoping to see the Mig-21 added in the future.

Great Mod btw :thumbup:

Actually it is a bug with this mod specifically. The line in the ALR69_param.lua for the F-15E is missing. The same is true for the Mig-21, although the Mig-21 is missing from the default DCS file as well (as of 1.2.10).

You can fix it by using the ALR69_param.lua attached below until Tetra can update the mod. Hopefully he can add audio for the Mig-21 at the same time. ;)

Many thanks for the reports guys, will get this fixed and updated with the Mig as soon as I can.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Eddie's post dates back to December 9 this year. Tetra's opening post is last edited in the summer of this year. Is this fix implemented in v3.1? I could scan the .LUA file myself but I can't compare it to older versions to see what is and what is not fixed in 3.1.

Thanks and have fun tonight!:thumbup:

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

• 2 months later...

Not working after new patch

The RAE Mod is not working for me after the newest update (1.2.16 i believe).

All the sounds have been replaced by the standard ones. I used JSGME and also repaired my game and reinstalled the mod. Didn't help. Does anyone else has this problem?

Thx,

red_coreSix

Still not working

Okay, I double checked everything. Completely deleted the Mods and Sounds folder, repaired the game reinstalled the mods and everything.

Folder structure is 100% correct and also when activated the files show up in the folders but in game it's all stock.

I'm really running out of ideas, everything is set up correct.

Note you only need to rename the \_MODS\RAE_RWR_AUDIO_EXPANSION\Mods\aircraftS\A-10C folder within the mod before installing with JSMGE.

Do not rename any of the other two "aircrafts" folders under "sounds"

• 1 month later...

Hey, loving the mod!

Just one quick question, I also use diveplane sound mod and I noticed that the sound when you get locked and when the missile is launched is really low, especially because the sound of the F15 engine is loud.

Is there like a config were can I give the sound a boost or I need to rise the volume of the soundclip?

EDIT: I now realize why my question is stupid, sorry.

Edited by Antorugby

• 4 months later...

working in 1.5 :thumbup:

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

No lock sounds

1.5!!!

Hello, I love this work. But in the new version 1.5 you must check everything carefully. Because I tried installing twice and always get without the sound of threats locking my plane. I have the sound of new threats and missile launch. But unfortunately when I try to uninstall the original sound is also without lock sound. To revert only by reinstalling the game.

Edited by marcoacv

• 1 month later...

Guys, I'm quite new to the game(1.5) and desperately need some helps here. Just started learning how to add mods with JSGME and have ran into a similar problem with #117.

I'm able to hear the sound of new threats, some acquisition sounds(while some others AAs are vanilla sounds), but all of them have only vanilla lock sound(or none?).I'm not so sure, cause I'm not very familiar with the RWR sounds well enough yet...

I've been trying to solve the problem for the past 7 hours and I'm still clueless...

Yes, I've changed _Mods\RAE_MOD\Mods\aircraft < from aircrafts before installing with JSGME.

I've reinstalled the game 4 times in a roll today,exclusively just to add RAE only and see if it works.

Still no luck though :( Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!

Update: Okay, I found out something very strange. Here's some of the results I have tested with RAE enabled.

1) Mig-29 - it sounds different than vanilla, but it doesn't sound like the one from the RWR expanded file. It's a short single beep every 3 second. (Funny thing is, this weird sound doesn't exist in the file.)

2) For once!! Mig-31 lock sounds just fine!!

3) Mig25s - It sounds exactly like mig-31, which is not right. (it's not the only one with a RWR sound of other aircrafts...)

4) Tunguska 2S6 - Correct acquisition sound, but no lock sound.

5) OSA 9A33& ZSU 23 Shilka - No both acquisition and lock sound.

So, i'm either missing the sounds at all(especially the lock sound), or having incorrect sounds from the other planes...

Update 2 : I just installed 1.2 and activated RAE with JSGME the same way, and it works perfectly fine. So, something must've messed up in the 1.5 of mine....

Edited by Lymark

Guys, I'm quite new to the game(1.5) and desperately need some helps here. Just started learning how to add mods with JSGME and have ran into a similar problem with #117.

I'm able to hear the sound of new threats, some acquisition sounds(while some others AAs are vanilla sounds), but all of them have only vanilla lock sound(or none?).I'm not so sure, cause I'm not very familiar with the RWR sounds well enough yet...

I've been trying to solve the problem for the past 7 hours and I'm still clueless...

Yes, I've changed _Mods\RAE_MOD\Mods\aircraft < from aircrafts before installing with JSGME.

I've reinstalled the game 4 times in a roll today,exclusively just to add RAE only and see if it works.

Still no luck though :( Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!

Update: Okay, I found out something very strange. Here's some of the results I have tested with RAE enabled.

1) Mig-29 - it sounds different than vanilla, but it doesn't sound like the one from the RWR expanded file. It's a short single beep every 3 second. (Funny thing is, this weird sound doesn't exist in the file.)

2) For once!! Mig-31 lock sounds just fine!!

3) Mig25s - It sounds exactly like mig-31, which is not right. (it's not the only one with a RWR sound of other aircrafts...)

4) Tunguska 2S6 - Correct acquisition sound, but no lock sound.

5) OSA 9A33& ZSU 23 Shilka - No both acquisition and lock sound.

So, i'm either missing the sounds at all(especially the lock sound), or having incorrect sounds from the other planes...

Update 2 : I just installed 1.2 and activated RAE with JSGME the same way, and it works perfectly fine. So, something must've messed up in the 1.5 of mine....

Can you please take a look into here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149672

Seems we have the same problem ;)

• 2 months later...
Anyone got this working in 1.5 yet? It is sorely missed.

Hmm, might be getting somewhere with it... managed to reactivate a few unique lock sounds, struggling withs search now, still not entirely sure what the problem is yet. A few more tests... Doesn't help that its not entirely logical...

Its working for me as far as I can tell...

They changed the file path from 1.2 to 1.5 for the params file.

here is my JSGME Folder structure for 1.5:

Parameters File:

\_MODS\RAE_MOD\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\device

For 1.2 the params file path was \_MODS\RAE_MOD\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\device

Sounds go in the same file path as 1.2, but you need to change the params file path from ....\aircrafts\... to ...\aircraft\... (See bold part on my JSGME file structure)

Edited by Davison

Davison

I downloaded the files from the 476th and the mod folder was correct (aircraft), but the sound folder had to be changed to aircrafts according to my beta files. ??????

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .