VRpit A-10 Aces II/ F-15 Seat kit and Cushions

Flim

The SS extension weighs about 2x the aluminum one. I haven't noticed a difference yet and the springs have no problem handling the extra weight or the offset of the stick behind the gimbal.

As for shipping to UK, I have never done international shipping so it will take me a bit of time. The weight is only about 1.5 lbs total but im not sure if the weird dimension will require any special packaging. Ill let you know

I'm still a bit backlogged on my to-do lists. I'll probably start picking Flim's brain come this weekend though to start assembling my kit. At the moment I'm still trying to dig myself out of exiting to-do's. It'll be good to finally have a seat dedicated to flight simming. That's been the largest impediment to seat-time for me in sims. Rudder pedals and sticks scooting around randomly on a regular desk gives me nerd rage. About time I addressed that with a kit like this. :)

Threw some paint on mine yesterday... Not bad for roll-on-brush !

If you get the good stuff, it works pretty well.

Also, as you notice no monitor except on the side... The rift does save tons of room for setups like this!

9FB06527-6D64-4308-A5F0-333016A1DAB3-694-0000005812940C9F.jpg

Edited by Flim

What paint did you use?

All surface enamel ( Sherman Williams) -- light gray with a little blue...

Not perfect, but goes on thick--- and looks realistic because the real seats are all beat up anyhow!

All surface enamel ( Sherman Williams) -- light gray with a little blue...

Not perfect, but goes on thick--- and looks realistic because the real seats are all beat up anyhow!

Did you prime that first?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I had a couple local guys buy Flims plans so one of them came around and we cut out four of them. One greedy bugger wanted two of them after I got him to go triple 42" screens he is now going to have two sims with a single 42.

For those of us in the metric world I just used 6mm and 12mm sheets. No problems fitting it all together. The plans are good. The $65 to buy them is nothing considering how much time you can spend trying to do something yourself.

It's nice and compact, I am going this way rather than a full on pit because I believe the oculus will be the way to do things..

Pics below, only a quick primer but I will leave it like that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=87118&stc=1&d=1378359705

attachment.php?attachmentid=87116&stc=1&d=1378359705

attachment.php?attachmentid=87117&stc=1&d=1378359705

acessheet1.thumb.jpg.1a2dd62d0b2a3f5e1178c7e8f224ecf8.jpg

acessheet2.thumb.jpg.b07cf0fe2a16b9cfb2c7abd8d2afee27.jpg

acesseat.thumb.jpg.032ebdd3205990eaeb3e3869d6c44293.jpg

For ease of application I might just use matte gray spray on mine. Used the same thing on the F-84F cockpit I did for the Kansas Aviation Museum and it's held up well on a real cockpit. Think it'll do just as good on a kit. Recently did a staircase for my house, so I have a manual router table. I'll probably knock down the sharp edges on the CNC cuts with that to prep it before sanding and paint.

Edited by BHawthorne

• 8 months later...

Hi Are these seat cushions and Aces II seat still available??

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 3 weeks later...

Also, I have Aces II plans for $25.... comes with 2 dxf files so a person can have them cnc'd and also contains a pdf/build instructions. Everything comes zipped up in a Winrar file.

Just Pm me

I will have the full A-10 cockpit plans up soon...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...