What type of aircraft are you most interested in?

Rammit

What type of aircraft are you most interested in?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What type of aircraft are you most interested in?

• Attack Fixed Wing
    • Attack Rotary Wing
    • Strike Fixed Wing
    • Bomber Fixed Wing
    • Cargo Fixed Wing
    • Utility Rotary Wing
    • Interceptor Fixed Wing
    • Fighter Fixed Wing
    • Carrier Born Fighter Fixed Wing
    • Carrier Born Attack Fixed Wing

mud-movers and helis

plain fighters are just boring.

YeaMan

This is how a typical day of pure fighter jocks looks like:

"I see you and you see me"

"I ECM you and you fire at me"

"I fire at you and you ECM me"

"I evade you and you evade me"

etc etc.

Blue fighter shotdown by Red fighter

"waaahaahaahh...R-27ET/ER is op. wahhahhaaahhh"

Red fighter shotdown by Blue fighter:

"wahhahaahahaha...AIM120C is op..wahahhhahhhaha"

and repeat :D

Edited by muamshai

This space is available for your advertisement

What's the difference between strike and attack ? ..... I voted strike . Be great to see a Jaguar , Mirage F1/2000 , F-16 .

There isn't really much of a difference, a lot of these catagories overlap in some ways. I usually associate "attack" aircraft with the CAS role, e.g. A10C, Apache etc, and then "strike" with a tendency for engaging ground targets from a long way off, for example SEAD. (I chose strike too, I just want a jet that can do everything!)

F-16 would be amazing in DCS, because it fits in the ability margin of most of the other aircraft and is of comparable role and era. I don't see the point of having a DCS F22 for example because it wouldn't be fair to put you in the same server as people flying MiGs or whatever, same with the old aircraft, where you don't stand a chance against things other than from your plane's era.

But that's just my opinion!

mud-movers and helis

plain fighters are just boring.

I feel the exact opposite. Pure fighter is as good as it gets. F-15, F-5, F-8, MiG-21, MiG-23, Su-27, Fw-190, MiG-15, F-86 are some of my most wanted DCS modules.

This is how a typical day of pure fighter jocks looks like:

"I see you and you see me"

"I ECM you and you fire at me"

"I fire at you and you ECM me"

"I evade you and you evade me"

etc etc.

Blue fighter shotdown by Red fighter

"waaahaahaahh...R-27ET/ER is op. wahhahhaaahhh"

Red fighter shotdown by Blue fighter:

"wahhahaahahaha...AIM120C is op..wahahhhahhhaha"

and repeat biggrin.gif

You must be in a parallel universe, lol

I don't see the point of having a DCS F22 for example because it wouldn't be fair to put you in the same server as people flying MiGs or whatever, same with the old aircraft, where you don't stand a chance against things other than from your plane's era.

But that's just my opinion!

Depends on the mission. Besides, it's a sim. Focusing too much on what's fair just spoils everything. And it's not like head to head multiplayer is the only way to use a module anyway.

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Depends on the mission. Besides, it's a sim. Focusing too much on what's fair just spoils everything. And it's not like head to head multiplayer is the only way to use a module anyway.

Yeah I know they can work in some circumstances, and a decent pilot flying a flanker will give a raptor a run for his money in game if the raptor's stealth doesn't perform 100%, but the majority of the time you'd have to set a 10:1 enemy ratio or something. I would love to fly a DCS F22 don't get me wrong, but only if they could simulate an environment where I was challenged.

an environment where I was challenged.

I think it should be doable, I'd imagine the situation would be very outbreak of the war with blue side caught at a disadvantage.

Remember when the F-22's were sent near Iran? Imagine such a case, where it's basically just the handful of fighters with a limited supply of missiles and fuel and then war breaks out. The goal would be to survive until Blue side is able to send a large force. The kill ratio might still be 10:1, but if you've only got 6 or so planes in an aera, you only need 60 fighters to bring them down, not counting SAM's or lack of resources.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Picked fighter fixed wing, didn't see a category for multi-role fixed wing but I assume fighter fixed wing encompasses this. Doesn't matter if it is carrier or land based to me.

Main interest for me is in doing wild weasel missions so any fighter able to carry ARMs is what I'm looking for, specifically of the Russian aircraft variety. I know that upgraded Su-33s can launch ARMs, but that probably isn't the type modeled in FC3 (not to mention I'd prefer a click-able cockpit fighter over the FC3 fidelity). Once DCS:F-18C is launched I'll use that for wild weasel missions until DCS:Su-27SM comes out.

*Edit*

Didn't see the strike fixed wing entry earlier, but I still stand by my pick. I consider a strike fighter to be a fighter who's primary mission is moving mud, while air combat is a secondary consideration (F-15E, Bombcat, F/A-18E/F). I want an aircraft that is primarily tasked as a fighter, but has ground/SEAD capability - if that makes sense. Think F-16C and not F-15E.

Edited by TooTall

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Thread moved to Wishlist Thread where it belongs. Thanks for keeping the boards clean.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Multirole for me. Would love a F-15E or F16 any version. But A Tornado would be super fantastic as well.

Completely agree, and can't believe I'm saying this (because the strike eagle is my favourite plane ever) but I'd take an F-16 over the F-15E for DCS probably purely because you'd be doing pretty much the same role in a strike eagle as you would in an A10, just with afterburners and a WSO.

A viper block 52 or even a UAE block 60 would be amaaaaaazing

What are you most interest in flying?

Rammit - fantastic pole! But can I suggest that you provide a brief syntax for your poll. Not everyone will be sufficiently cognisant with certain differences between the types.

For my part it will be any multirole attack/strike aircraft. Carrier based is kinda like asking people if they want an extra £50. It adds a layer of fun and can always base from land if you dont want to go all 'Maverick and Goose' ;)

Can you see where I am going. F/A18c all the way for me. Now if only someone had some productive and interesting news to share with us after nearly 3 months of silence.....

-Sharpe

Edited by Sharpe_95