How do you radio a FARP?

kontiuka

Hi.

Just a little question. I made a small mission where I'm landing on a FARP but I haven't had any luck in being able to contact the FARP for landing. I have my radio set to UHF and the frequency set to 251 (the FARPs frequency). The radio power is on and is set to Transmit/Receive.

When I try to select the FARP from the communications menu (\), it is blacked out and I can't select it. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks much.

Kon.

I assume you have "Easy Communications" ticked off in the gameplay options menu?

First make sure you have the correct frequency for the FARP from the mission planner (click the T symbol, should show the frequency.)

Next, make sure your intercom dial is on the right mode. If i remember correctly, 2 is for UHF radio and 3 for VHF AM.

Third (and is where I think the problem is coming from) you have to use RAlt + \ to use the cyclic radio trigger for the radio to work correctly.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had "Easy Communications" on so I unchecked it and that made the FARP available in the communication menu when I pressed RAlt + \. For some reason, I could not hear my voice over the radio and I didn't get a reply from the FARP. When I try my wingman or an airfield, I do hear my voice and I do get a reply. So, not sure what is special about a FARP. Maybe other map objects do have to go with it for it to work. Or maybe it's a bug.

Typically a Farp will not have an atc. Usually you will only have refuelers and ordinance at a Farp. I worked at a Farp during desert storm and we would usually have 6 or 7 guys max. A Farp is usually something that is setup very quickly and is temporary. A forward airfield would have atc etc

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Typically a Farp will not have an atc. Usually you will only have refuelers and ordinance at a Farp. I worked at a Farp during desert storm and we would usually have 6 or 7 guys max. A Farp is usually something that is setup very quickly and is temporary. A forward airfield would have atc etc
ok. I'm just wondering why in the mission editor, when you insert a FARP, it has a radio frequency that you are able to edit. It must have some purpose.

ok. I'm just wondering why in the mission editor, when you insert a FARP, it has a radio frequency that you are able to edit. It must have some purpose.

I'm an idiot lol,I didnt read the original post,I thought you meant in real life would you have atc at a farp,not in game :music_whistling:

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Currently when you talk with a blue FARP you can't hear your pilot talking... jst the ATC. Is that also for you guys?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least