The August 2nd Wags Update! Thread

• ED Team
Seriously. Right now people report bugs only to be told ED knows about it already.

Without a published list there is no reference except hundreds of threads.

This.

Obviously the system has to change to this new method of testing, but we will adapt and make it work. Better handling of reported bugs in the forums is key, but not the only thing to address.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CA and Su-25 are listed as available DLC for World.

EDIT: System Specs specify 64 bit. Nice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There wouldn't be any need to mention it in the friday update if there was no new manual. For the separate modules the FC3 manual was already included before the patch (at least with the Su-25) and it wasn't modified.

I don't have a Su-25A manual, neither in the start menu nor in the DCS folder.

attachment.php?attachmentid=85666&stc=1&d=1375474075

Su-25T manual was in there because it comes with DCS World.

Su-25A and A-10A manuals were omitted by mistake from those that have those modules.

Those that have FC3 however already have the relevant information, as part of their FC3 manual.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Seriously. Right now people report bugs only to be told ED knows about it already.

Without a published list there is no reference except hundreds of threads.

Under this system, you'll get access (if you so choose) to those test builds earlier.

Thus, compared to the present, the testers will not already have been hammering on that branch for a month or two when you report it.

Then there are the cases when people report bugs that already have 3 open threads about them, but didn't do a search. :P

But this is irrelevant anyhow: note what Matt specifically asked; bugs that are NEW to that version.

Thus, if you get your 1.2.6, find a bug... check if it is in 1.2.5. If it is in 1.2.5; ignore. (We probably already know about it. )If it is not in 1.2.5 and thus is "new": report. Easy. ;)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

But this is irrelevant anyhow: note what Matt specifically asked; bugs that are NEW to that version.

Thus, if you get your 1.2.6, find a bug... check if it is in 1.2.5. If it is in 1.2.5; ignore. (We probably already know about it. )If it is not in 1.2.5 and thus is "new": report. Easy. ;)

Only IF;

The bug your reporting can be found, whitout having to try out all 101 different search term combinations one could think of

The bugs you finding whit the search function have an version number attached

The bugs you find whit the search function have been confirmed, which usually doesn't happen.

And when it does its burried somewhere in the thread, requring one to read the whole thread.

All in all, very inefficient and time consuming.

Could be improved though if every confirmed bug report is edited in the first post to reflect this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

It say's -10% £26.99 here.

right but its suppose to be $15 - %10 someone .... forgot their landing gear while landing - ;).( prob steam price guy ) :P

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Su-25 Manual can be downloaded from Steam without buying the product.

Btw, there is an error on page 2:

Thank you for your purchase of Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs. This simulation is an outgrowth of our Flaming Cliffs series that provides great graphics and flight models, yet has a more shallow learning curve than some of our other DCS titles like the A-10C, Ka-50 and P-51D. While this A-10A retains the cockpits functionality of the A-10A from the Flaming Cliffs series, it adds a very advanced flight model.

Key features of the Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs include:

:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Su-25T manual was in there because it comes with DCS World.

Su-25A and A-10A manuals were omitted by mistake from those that have those modules.

Those that have FC3 however already have the relevant information, as part of their FC3 manual.

Su-25T? I didn't mention it. What I meant was that the FC3 manual was already included with the separate modules. Anyway, I was just curious as to what the Su-25A manual was adding since we already had the FC3 manual but maybe it the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Falcon, here's the procedure:

Step 1:

Play in "beta" version, notice something and go "hm... that's funny".

Step 2:

Play in "beta" version, make it happen again. Go "okey, this is wrong."

Step 3:

Play in release version, make it happen again.

IF success == 1 THEN report = 1 ELSE ignore = 1

If you don't want to do that, just ignore all of it and play release, and then everything will be like it always was.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Su-25T? I didn't mention it. What I meant was that the FC3 manual was already included with the separate modules. Anyway, I was just curious as to what the Su-25A manual was adding since we already had the FC3 manual but maybe it the same.

People that do not have FC3, will not have the FC3 manual.

These manuals are for the separate Su-25A and A-10A modules.

If you have FC3, you can safely ignore the modules and thus their manuals, because you already have everything, including the manual chapters that tell you how to use the aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

People that do not have FC3, will not have the FC3 manual.

These manuals are for the separate Su-25A and A-10A modules.

If you have FC3, you can safely ignore the modules and thus their manuals, because you already have everything, including the manual chapters that tell you how to use the aircraft.

Sorry, I just can't speak more clearly. I know. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Falcon, here's the procedure:

Step 1:

Play in "beta" version, notice something and go "hm... that's funny".

Step 2:

Play in "beta" version, make it happen again. Go "okey, this is wrong."

Step 3:

Play in release version, make it happen again.

IF success == 1 THEN report = 1 ELSE ignore = 1

If you don't want to do that, just ignore all of it and play release, and then everything will be like it always was.

Wasn't it ment for only new bugs?

Yes it was! Under "DCS World Beta Testing

If its in the released version it was already there and should not be reported.

Or maybe it was overlooked and needs to be reported?

I see a problem here, or are all the moderators and ED Testers going to sift out all the reports?

If so, better buy a truck full of coffee.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why not simply use the same kind of system Bohemia Interactive utilize for Arma 3, it is very good at:

Because sometimes it gets abused heavily: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1658 The amount of absurdity that exists in that bug report is just mind boggling. I know i cherry picked the worst of the worst, but its a good example of how a pubic tracker should not be used.

In general half the thing gets filled with forum type of complaints, comments, or feature request, while the other half gets filled with actual bugs but still with several forum type comments. At some point you have to draw the line to provide a thorough and detailed report for the dev to work from.

I do hope that with the public testing a more precise method of letting you guys know what are and aren't bugs could be achieved.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Wasn't it ment for only new bugs?

Yes it was! Under "DCS World Beta Testing

If its in the released version it was already there and should not be reported.

Or maybe it was overlooked and needs to be reported?

I'm sorry, but you're not reading it clearly.

"DCS Open Beta Testing

As DCS World ever increases in complexity and scope, along with a continued expansion of new modules, the testing task has reached the point where we cannot expect our internal and external test teams to catch all the problems in a reasonable amount of time. As such, starting with DCS 1.2.6 we will first be releasing new DCS versions as open beta. Our team and the external testers will be closely monitoring reports and entering valid bugs into our bug tracking database. We will ask reports only be submitted for new problems that did not exist in the prior version. We sincerely hope this will improve the quality of the final version."

Thus:

Beta:

Release:

If you find a bug in the beta, check if it exists in release. If it does exist in release, no worries, we probably already know about it. If it does not exist in release, it is by definition "new", since it has occured between the "release" and the "beta". Then report.

I see a problem here, or are all the moderators and ED Testers going to sift out all the reports?

If so, better buy a truck full of coffee.

See my title. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

And what about bugs that you don't know about but DO exist in release?

Report them.

Seriously, when we say "already known", that's not an "eff off". That's "already known", basically letting you know that yup, we know about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Report them.

Seriously, when we say "already known", that's not an "eff off". That's "already known", basically letting you know that yup, we know about it.

But in your previous post you said i should ignore it because the ED testers "PROBABLY" already know about it.

See the problem there?

There's no way for the normal user to tell if ED testers already know a bug, or not.

Anyway, im starting to get a feeling were running round in circles.

~S~

lets see what ED comes up whit to streamline everything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no way for the normal user to tell if ED testers already know a bug, or not.

Anyway, im starting to get a feeling were running round in circles.

I feel you are making a problem out of something that isn't a problem. ;)

Here's the stated goal:

Users get a chance to check it out, and if they find a bug that is new compared to the release version then we'd love it if they report it.

Not talking about new to the test team.

Talking ONLY about "it happened between release code and beta".

That's really all there is to it.

Yes, there probably will be cases where our response is "thanks, known". Well that's fine, isn't it? Because then you know we're already on it. The difference is simply that if it already exists in the older, release, version - then for ease of work you can feel free to assume that we already know about it. And you can make that assumtion because we told you to. :)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester