Just bought download for P-51D Mustang

FFOman

I downloaded the file: CA_1.2.5.15865.212_219.exe as instructed, but when I tried to install it I was told this version cannot be installed into DCS World because I need to download the newer version: 1.2.5.16184. I had updated DCS World just before buying the Mustang, so I looked everywhere for the newer file to download but cannot find it. Please help!

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Business e-mail: TanDesign@comcast.net Gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

Games I Play: DCS World, FreeSpace 2, Star Citizen, F1 2015, Chess.

FFOman's World Blog: Coming Soon!ttp://ffomansworldblog.wordpress.com/

CA_1.5.5 is the Combined Arms module, not the P-51D module. The download page is confusing; the link closest to the P-51D text is actually the link for the CA text above it. You need the download link below the P-51D text, just next to the Black Shark text. If you're downloading the correct file, it will say P-51D_1.2.5 [blah blah] .exe

Enjoy the Mustang.

Edited by Echo38

I downloaded the file: CA_1.2.5.15865.212_219.exe as instructed, but when I tried to install it I was told this version cannot be installed into DCS World because I need to download the newer version: 1.2.5.16184. I had updated DCS World just before buying the Mustang, so I looked everywhere for the newer file to download but cannot find it. Please help!

Also once you've installed and need some help please visit the Virtual Aerobatic server..plenty of members there that are knowledgeable on the Mustang and can help you..also " Shahdoh has done a near Red Bull type of air race..at Batumi..good luck hope to see you soon..

cheers..:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Still having trouble!

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about! When I go to the downloads page, then to modules, and scroll down to the P-51D, you can click on the title link which says download version or where it says Proceed to download just above the listing for the Black Shark module, but both these links takes me to a download page showing my serial number and this file:

P-51D_1.2.5.15865.212_219.exe

And this file is the one that won't install!

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Hi FFOMan, here is what's happening:

DCSW is ahead of the Mustang in terms of versions, so you're effectively trying to install an older module into a newer DCSW, and it's tripping up the version check.

I do know there's a solution for this, I just can't recall what it is right now, but I'll hunt it down.

ED does plan on making this more convenient in the future - sorry for the fuss.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanx

I do hope you find it! I can't wait to get my hands on my favorite WWII fighter! Thanx in advance!

I was just thinking...maybe I should simply delete DCS world and the Warthog, then re-install the older version and then install the Mustang?

I was just thinking...maybe I should simply delete DCS world and the Warthog, then re-install the older version and then install the Mustang?

That should work fine. Just don't let DCS World update.

Nice avatar, btw.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanx...that's the cover of this old hippie's favorite album! <g> BTW, after I re-install DCS World and the Warthog, if I don't run it but just install the Mustang it should install okay, but then when I do run DCS and it prompts me to update, should I let it or not. Cause once the Mustang is installed shouldn't it still work if the world is updated?

Thanx...that's the cover of this old hippie's favorite album! <g> BTW, after I re-install DCS World and the Warthog, if I don't run it but just install the Mustang it should install okay, but then when I do run DCS and it prompts me to update, should I let it or not. Cause once the Mustang is installed shouldn't it still work if the world is updated?

Yea World and mustang both will be updated..

[/Table]

Thanx, it's the album cover from this old hippie's favorite Album: ELP Brain Salad Surgery

BTW...If I delete everything and then re-install the older version and then install mustang without first starting the world it should install. But then if when I run the world and it asks me to update, should I or not? Seems like it should update and run okay once the Mustang has been added first right?

Sorry about the double message. For some reason it didn't update my first reply even after ten minutes and so I thought it didn't go thru!

Yes, as others have said, updating will be fine at that point.

I recognized the album cover, as I have a copy on vinyl as well as CD. Saw them live around 35 years ago. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You should be able to install the newer version of DCS P-51D through the Module Manager.

Basically, the autoupdater gets new versions slightly faster than the website (it takes a while to "build" the installers), but the Module Manager does run through the AutoUpdater, so that one will already have it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It had me scared but I finally got it to work! I re-installed both the DCS World and the Warthog files from my own archives after uninstalling everything, then tried again to install the Mustang. This time it told me that my DCS World was too old! So I ran it and used the manager to load the Mustang and update it and now everything works great!

BTW... I saw ELP live at the California Jam while a student at USC. Three glorious days in the rain and mud!

Welcome to the club then.

FYI, I'm all about things with afterburners, but you'll see a lot of peeps here who love the old birds :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Now that the problems are solved...

If anyone who helped has any suggestions on how best to get up to speed and/or any good utilities or add-ons, groups, clubs, clans, women ( only kidding ), that can make my time with the Mustang more enjoyable and quicker to learn so I can start getting into some MP battles, I'd really like to hear about it all!

I'm 58, an old hippie as I mentioned before, and though I've played a number of flight sims, I've never tried one of military grade like this. I had to run thru the startup video 5 times before I got it down...mainly cause I couldn't see the controls really well with those dam yellow arrows getting in the way...but I plan on spending this entire weekend with it so hopefully I might even get it off the ground by Sunday night! <g>

I'm running a high-speed Xeon workstation processor with 8 gigs RAM, a 150 gig SSD boot drive and a 2 Tb hard disk, an Nvidia graphics card..a 5800 GTX w/250 ram, 800 watts, 8 cooling fans plus the liquid core over the power unit and processor base, Windows 7, 64, a 20 inch High Res HD flat screen running at 1680x1050 32bit at 60hz, Creative Platinum Sound blaster running thru my home 5.1 sound system, a Logitech wireless gaming rollerball mouse w/a homemade Velcro strap that allows me to use my arm and hand in any position without losing any control...even while using the keyboard, a Ttesports Challenger gaming board, and a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X JoyStick. My headset is a Corsair and My Network runs at near 60mbps download and near 15mbps up on cable. I'm usually available almost anytime as I work on my programming at home.

In particular, I'd love to hear about good macros to use and of course the best mapping for my Flight Stick.

May your skies always be clear and full of enemies to shoot down!

FFOman

gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

I suggest when you are in multiplayer look for " Virtual Aerobatic's server many there are more than will help you get up to speed..for both the afterburner's and the vintage planes..

cheers..:thumbup:

If anyone who helped has any suggestions on how best to get up to speed and/or any good utilities or add-ons, groups, clubs, clans, women ( only kidding ), that can make my time with the Mustang more enjoyable and quicker to learn so I can start getting into some MP battles, I'd really like to hear about it all!

I'm 58, an old hippie as I mentioned before, and though I've played a number of flight sims, I've never tried one of military grade like this. I had to run thru the startup video 5 times before I got it down...mainly cause I couldn't see the controls really well with those dam yellow arrows getting in the way...but I plan on spending this entire weekend with it so hopefully I might even get it off the ground by Sunday night! <g>

I'm running a high-speed Xeon workstation processor with 8 gigs RAM, a 150 gig SSD boot drive and a 2 Tb hard disk, an Nvidia graphics card..a 5800 GTX w/250 ram, 800 watts, 8 cooling fans plus the liquid core over the power unit and processor base, Windows 7, 64, a 20 inch High Res HD flat screen running at 1680x1050 32bit at 60hz, Creative Platinum Sound blaster running thru my home 5.1 sound system, a Logitech wireless gaming rollerball mouse w/a homemade Velcro strap that allows me to use my arm and hand in any position without losing any control...even while using the keyboard, a Ttesports Challenger gaming board, and a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X JoyStick. My headset is a Corsair and My Network runs at near 60mbps download and near 15mbps up on cable. I'm usually available almost anytime as I work on my programming at home.

In particular, I'd love to hear about good macros to use and of course the best mapping for my Flight Stick.

May your skies always be clear and full of enemies to shoot down!

FFOman

gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

[/Table]