Steam DCS A10c warthog not registering

RnGRamen85

I bought my DCS A10c during the steam summer sale and have been unable to activate it on DCS world, whenever i try i get this message

"Activation denied by server. Invalid Hardware Code. Make sure the Serial Number used is valid for the product you are trying to activate, generate a new Hardware Code and try again."

I as well as my friend and many other people on the internet are all having the same problem... I have tried quite a few things to get this to work but nothing has been successful, any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.

I bought my DCS A10c during the steam summer sale and have been unable to activate it on DCS world, whenever i try i get this message

"Activation denied by server. Invalid Hardware Code. Make sure the Serial Number used is valid for the product you are trying to activate, generate a new Hardware Code and try again."

I as well as my friend and many other people on the internet are all having the same problem... I have tried quite a few things to get this to work but nothing has been successful, any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.

I have two support tickets for this (both steam and DCS) and waiting for it to get resolved. Cant access the game, nor can I even access the free Su25T (minimizes and asks for A10C activation which then returns a invalid serial key).

I am a little frustrated that we aren't seeing ANYTHING on this site or the steam site to even get an acknowledgement from DCS/Steam that there is a problem. Lots of people are having these issues.

The silence is just bad business in my opinion.

I have the same problem. Actually if you look in the Product Activation part of the forum you will notice that many people have had that "hardware code" error from the Steam versions of A-10C warthog.

Since DCS World just came out on Steam I was hoping that would fix it but I then realized that the version I bought during the steam sale is not working as the DLC. But when I go to the DLC A-10C website on steam it tells me that I already own it. Dafuq.

How do I get the Steam version that I bought before the DLC stuff to work as DLC?

My standalone key is not working in steam. Is there any solution for me? It´s because I want to use the German language in steam. SA is only Russian and English.

Will I get another key working in steam or do i have to buy it in steam?

As said I have a key from the DCS E-Shop from 11.11.2012

thx in advance

You can't use your standalone key to activate the Steam version.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• ED Team

If you bought your "stand alone" copy of A-10C from Steam, you should be able to use the same activation to play the new DLC version. If not, there appears to be a key mismatch on Steam's end that you will need to contact them about.

Yes, sorry, by standalone I assumed you meant "not bought on Steam".

Edit: I see, OP bought his on Steam, triple2006 bought his from DCS e-shop; different issues.

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 2 weeks later...

it works!

Please try again. I have heard back from Steam that they have now cross-authorized the activation between the old stand alone version and the new DLC version.

Thank you very much for your help, I really do appreciate the quick fix to this problem and im sure everyone else appreciates it too :D

sorry for not replying in this thread... I was busy and never got around to checking it but the a-10c works just fine in the steam dcs world which is great! Thank you very much for you help solving my and everyone else's problem and I can assure you, you will see more business from me and many of my other friends! :pilotfly:

again thank you very much... I can't wait to bomb some poor(but deserving) sams :P