AFAC Script for Uh-1H and A-10C(A) (with MIST2.0)

SNAFU

This my latest attempt to script the possibility for the player to call in AI strikers and give them a target.

This script tries to simulate the AFAC role with player as AFAC and AI as strikepackage. The player uses the F-10 menu to define an IP "Tango" and call in a 2 ship of either F/A-18C with MK82 or F-16C with GBU10 or two Tornado ECR with 2 HARMs each.

The AI authenticates via textmessages only the AFAC player can read and establishes communication with the player. So I tried simulate the whole procedure for a 9-line brief by the player for the AI.

At the moment the AI reaches the IP Tango, the player has to mark the target for the AI with WilliePete rockets and briefs the AI a 9line via text messages. The AI then runs in and either bombs the closest unit found at the mark in 300m distance or just drops on the mark if no unit was found. Be adviced the F-16s can only bomb units and will not drop if the marker rocket was not placed 300m close to unit. Only the F/A-18C can bomb on the mark with dumb bombs (therefore can be used against statics).

The F/A-18s will only do one pass, the F-16C shall do 2 passes.

The SEAD Tornados will orbit at IP Tango and engage active RADAR in the area on own discretion. As soon as a SAM is launched in a radius of 50nm around the IP Tango, they will call out the SAM launch via text message actively engage the RADAR.

It works best if the player defines the IP Tango about 10nm away from his intended target area. Therefore you have to call in the striker earlier. They will orbit at the IP until the player marks a target.

Please note that you can only have one strike package active, but you can cancel the current striker mission with the Radio F-10 menu.

You can also ask for the current position of the striker via the F-10 menu and abort the attack if necessay, also via the F-10 menu.

What you need to do with you mission to get the script working:

1. Initiate MIST > 2.0 on the trigger page in the bottom mask.

2. Initiate the script file with a tigger ONCE->TIME MORE(2) ->LOAD SCRIPT FILE(....)

3.Put a trigger zone on the map in the ME, called "strikerspawnzone". This is the area were the strikepackages will randomly spawn in the air (to simulate their holding area)

4.The AFAC units need the "WilliePete" Rockets (WP), without these rockets you cannot assign targets

5.The AFAC units need to be named "Misty11"as you can see when you open the script file. You can also edit the script file accordingly.

NOTE:

- I didn´t test it in MP, since versiton 4 only one pilot can be AFAC

- The max. number of strike and SEAD flights available to the AFAC can be limited in the script in line 12-14 (default 4 F-16, 2 F/A-18 and 2 Tornado flights)

- This script only works for blue AFAC with WP.

- This is the 4nd release version, please report bugs, hints, corrections, etc.

- Attached is a Miz.file as example (this file also contains an example of the "random airftraffic script" only because some asked for an example and so I put it in also)

- last version (r4) with DCS 1.2.10

test_afac.miz

MIST20_AFAC_r4.lua

MIST20_AFAC_r4_1.lua

Edited by SNAFU
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 4 weeks later...

I corrected a little error in the 9-line brief (target altitude was the one of the marker, not of the target) and added the possibility to mark ships as targets for the F-16s.

Changed version in 1st post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Is it possibile to modify the script so that is possibile to use S8-TsM rockets in blue-side Ka-50 by changing the ID "weapons.nurs.HYDRA_70_M156" at line 1528?

if so, I will try it asap in the next week.

PS:

if possible, it could be used as a definable variable like in the first 22 lines of the script. I can't do that: I'm not sure how to modify the script and, also, if you agree with that :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Hi chromium,

should be possible, but the weapon has to be identified in the "weapons table". In the beginning I also wanted to make this compatible with the russian smoke rockets, but then I would also have to script russian striker planes.

Wanted to do this with a dedicated script for the red side, with Su-25 and Su34 as strikers.

But to cut it short and use Ka-50 or Su-25 (if it carries the same smoke rockets?) on blue side, you simply need to change the weapon type in the line as you already figured out. You just need to find the correct terminology for the weapon. ;) This is stated somewhere in a file in the DCS World folder under weapons and tables, need to take a closer look, when I find a quiet moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

thanks I'll give it a try ;)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 2 months later...

I now had the chance to test this script in multiplayer moduse and it seems that the script can be initialized by a client, but as soon as the striker is inbound, the communication between the striker and the AFAC breaks and the AFAC A10 doesn´t receive anymore answers nor are it requests noted by the striker flight.

This might be due to issues with the F-10 menu options not mulitplayer compatible, but basically the F-10 option is initialized for the client, but the commands are not recognized.

It works for the host of the mulitplayer mission as it does in singleplayer, but not for the client. Maybe some of the LUA experts here know a solution are a workaround. I´ll rework the script, when I find some spare time somewhere...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 2 months later...

Excellent work SNAFU, any idea if you could get AI artillery to fire on the WP marker?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Played with this earlier and it's a great script, just one issue so far that the F-16's don't come back for their second pass and just fly off. I watched them fly 80 miles away after dropping the first LGB.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent work SNAFU, any idea if you could get AI artillery to fire on the WP marker?

Thank you for the feedback!

Should be possible. Unfortunately I have no time at hand to include this currently.

Played with this earlier and it's a great script, just one issue so far that the F-16's don't come back for their second pass and just fly off. I watched them fly 80 miles away after dropping the first LGB.

If there are still units left in the target group, they actually should return for a second run. I also wanted to make this MP compatible (so far the radio commands get interrupted, the moment another player, who is not the current AFAC, requests a striker) and when I find a chance, I will take a look into this. At the moment, I want to finish an GCI/CAP script first I am working on for the last 6 months.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 8 months later...

I reworked this script trying to fix the engagement issue with the F-16. They now complete their attack until out of LGBs.

Furthermore I added the option of calling in SEAD assistance to the AFAC. The AFAC can now request 2 Tornados with 4 Harms to orbit at IP Tango and slapshot on own discretion. Futhermore the SEAD will actively engage every SAM launch in 50nm radius around them.

Another change, was that I limited the radio option to only one player, since I could not solve the issue with multiple requests at the same time yet.

The files are uploaded in first post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 4 years later...