What headset do you use?

Looking to buy a new headset. Would love a wireless one but heard mixed reviews on the G930. Curious what folks are using around here.

Thanks! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 2500k (OC 4.6 Liquid) / AsRock Z77Extreme / Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC / 16GB RAM / 250GB Crucial SSD / Win7 x64 / TrackIR 4 Pro (Wireless Mod) / Saitek X-45

Using the Sennheiser that was bundled with my Asus Xonar Xense. Very good, though I'm not sure what they're called on the "open market".

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Sennheiser PC363D. I love it, and I would buy it again without hessitation. :thumbup:

I had the Triton 720 before, which I bought at the lokal hardware shop as I thought it looked nice. That thing broke after two months. :mad:

• Like 1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Logitech G930.

Joey45 - do you recommend it? I've seen some mixed reviews but the wireless is really appealing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 2500k (OC 4.6 Liquid) / AsRock Z77Extreme / Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC / 16GB RAM / 250GB Crucial SSD / Win7 x64 / TrackIR 4 Pro (Wireless Mod) / Saitek X-45

I can go EVERYWHERE in the house and still hear the music....... or TeamSpeak..

I got it back in October of 2011 [a refurbished one cos it was cheaper from Amazon] and have no probs with it *touch wood*.

Battery is okay [about 8 hours give or take] and no probs with charging while using it.

EDIT: I have a set of wired Sennheiser's for rock smith.

Also the sound proofing is very good............ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE OUTSIDE WORLD....

Edited by joey45
  • Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Advantages:

• No wires at all.
  • Comfortable even over longer times.
  • Quality more than sufficient.
  • Range: You may visit the toilette or grab a bottle of beer from the basement. You are connected...
  • The wireless Track IR mod comes from a post here in the forum. (see http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99762)

Disadvantages:

• The build in buttons are not recognized as HID buttons. So they cannot be used in DCS World or to be configured as PTT in TeamSpeak. So you are not audible on the toilette unless you use voice activation, which causes another problem on a toilette.
  • A special holder should be used to protect the device against damage when stored.
  • It requires to connect two plugs to recharge the headset and the additional battery ( a little more work at the end of a session)
  • Deactivating the headset is a little wobbly. It takes 3 trials to switch off the device. But this may come from a Monday production.

Over all I would strongly recommend the G390, whereby it depends on your personal preferences what you expect from a headset.

Mike

Edited by towsim
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A special holder should be used to protect the device against damage when stored.

Mine is either on a random chair or somewhere else.. at the moment is wrapped around my TMW

It requires to connect two plugs to recharge the headset and the additional battery ( a little more work at the end of a session)

What do you mean by this???

Deactivating the headset is a little wobbly. It takes 3 trials to switch off the device. But this may come from a Monday production.

count to 5..... slowly.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Curious what folks are using around here.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Sennheiser HD650 and Xonar Essence STX

That is of course an expensive setup for music listening mostly but it works great for everything so I don't use anything else.

If the reason is only DCS then get something else. No need for expensive audiophile stuff.

Put in about 100$ for a headset and you get something decent that will last for a long time if treated with respect. It is possible to get headsets for thousands of $ but there is no need for DCS.

Thanks for all the feedback. I put in an order for a set of G930s yesterday (arriving today). Can't wait to try them out. Next up is a little modification action for a wireless trackclip pro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Joey45

I mounted an additional rechargeable battery package at the right earphone (some Velcro). It is the power supply for the TrackIR clip pro. I was not brave enough to open the headset and to connect the TrackIR clip to the internal batteries. It was the easiest way to get rid of the Track IR cable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, I only have the shiny clip thingy.. I heard the clip is weak and flimsy.

How's the headset Bushaman?

Only good things to say about my experience with the G930 so far. My rating based on a scale of 0-5 would be:

Audio: 4

Design/Construction: 4

Appearance: 5

Overall: 4

I'm no audiophile but from what I can tell the sound is great and the headphones have awesome bass. The design is pretty good, but in some ways feels delicate (im guessing most headphones are delicate and their may be a practical reason they are designed that way, as they are meant to 'give' a little bit, but in my mind I was expecting something a bit more sturdy). The design front, the wireless is awesome, and keeps everything nice and neat, which is a big winner for me. These things look bad-ass and will make you look good!

Yes the TrackClip Pro is weak and flimsy (mine just snapped).

If you have any specific questions on the G930s, let me know. Also, I should caveat, that I have not use the mic yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]