DCS: World on Steam

Slazi

Today, I activated on Steam Black Shark 2 and P51D what I purchased from ED webshop. But I found FC3 can not be activated, and there is no way to integrate ED version FC3 module into the Steam version FC3 DCS World. I already have FC3, and I do not want to buy Su25A and A10A again. Did not want to continue to use the ED version DCS World to run FC3. So to say there are two ways to solve this problem.

1 Make a FC3 installer, Let me can use ED version of FC3 on the Steam version DCS World.

2 Make FC3 key to activate a Season Pass, so the Steam store does not exist FC3, but players can get Su25A and subsequent expansion modules comes from FC3.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to say there are two ways to solve this problem.

1 Make a FC3 installer, Let me can use ED version of FC3 on the Steam version DCS World.

2 Make FC3 key to activate a Season Pass, so the Steam store does not exist FC3, but players can get Su25A and subsequent expansion modules comes from FC3.

It is not going to happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have noticed that the Steam launcher and DCS World Launcher is not very well integrated as you not able to achieve full accessibility of steam while playing the game as what happens when you launch the game to play from steam it launches the DCS worlds launcher ands then when you select the module (eg A10C) and you selected the mission it closes both the Steam launcher (that should be running in background) and DCS World launcher then runs the module.

What should happen which doesn't the Steam application should be running behind DCS world launcher and the selected unit Mission module till the player has exited DCS world launcher completely when finished playing the simulation.

This needs to be addressed in order to bring more functionality for awards, achievement, workshop, posting screenshots and etc through steam

+1

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Originally Posted by BaiCaiX View Post

So to say there are two ways to solve this problem.

It is not going to happen.

Hi,

Why not ?

I understand that n°1 isn't legally doable.

But n°2 should be fine.

Wags stated that FC3 owner will have all DCS Flaming Cliffs modules for free.

I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to transfer these on Steam as well.

So IMHO a "DCS Flaming Cliffs modules" Season Pass is the way to go for FC3 owner.

And why not for new customer planning to own the whole package as well.

For now I am running my FC3 aircraft and UH-1H modules on steam using a "workaround" but I hope we will have an official solution in the future.

Best regards.

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

UH-1H will be on steam when it's out of beta (will post link to statement when i find it.)

FC3 AFAIK, will Never be on steam.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

UH-1H will be on steam when it's out of beta (will post link to statement when i find it.)

FC3 AFAIK, will Never be on steam.

Roger that :thumbup:

I was talking about the Season pass idea for all DCS : "Flaming cliffs" aircrafts not the actual FC3.

Anyways I am confident ED will find a solution to please us all as usual :)

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)

Why not ?

I understand that n°1 isn't legally doable.

But n°2 should be fine.

For now I am running my FC3 aircraft and UH-1H modules on steam using a "workaround" but I hope we will have an official solution in the future.

Best regards.

As of this moment, if you purchased Flaming Cliffs 3 you *must* have either Lock On or one of the previous Flaming Cliffs games installed in order to install Flaming Cliffs 3. This is a licensing requirement that Eagle Dynamics has with Ubisoft as they published the previous FC games through Ubisoft. This will never change unless Ubisoft decides to release Eagle Dynamics from this licensing contract (which very likely will absolutely never happen).

To get around this problem, Eagle Dynamics is releasing at least four of the current FC3 modules as stand alone aircraft for DCS World so that people can purchase and install them without needing to worry about the Ubisoft licensing. Each new module has its own new serial number for activation.

The logistics of issuing every person who purchased Flaming Cliffs 3 with brand new serial numbers for each of the new modules that have been released would be an absolute nightmare. So it's not going to happen. You can either continue to hack FC3 in to your Steam install or you can just keep using the Eagle Dynamics website install of DCS World to play Flaming Cliffs 3. Both of these work arounds will work for free and probably forever.

Or to simplify matters, just purchase the FC3 airframes that you fly via Steam as they become available. This will create a new licensing agreement between you and Eagle Dynamics without Ubisoft involved and it will also directly support the developers instead of Ubisoft getting a cut of the purchase price. To my knowledge, only the Su25A, A-10A, F-15C and Su27 will be available as stand alone modules anyways. If you wanted to fly the other FC3 aircraft that are available you'd have to hack FC3 in anyways.

The UH-1H will be available via Steam (and the current keys should transfer over just fine) once it is out of beta and considered a release version module.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

As of this moment, if you purchased Flaming Cliffs 3 you *must* have either Lock On or one of the previous Flaming Cliffs games installed in order to install Flaming Cliffs 3. This is a licensing requirement that Eagle Dynamics has with Ubisoft as they published the previous FC games through Ubisoft. This will never change unless Ubisoft decides to release Eagle Dynamics from this licensing contract (which very likely will absolutely never happen).

To get around this problem, Eagle Dynamics is releasing at least four of the current FC3 modules as stand alone aircraft for DCS World so that people can purchase and install them without needing to worry about the Ubisoft licensing. Each new module has its own new serial number for activation.

The logistics of issuing every person who purchased Flaming Cliffs 3 with brand new serial numbers for each of the new modules that have been released would be an absolute nightmare. So it's not going to happen. You can either continue to hack FC3 in to your Steam install or you can just keep using the Eagle Dynamics website install of DCS World to play Flaming Cliffs 3. Both of these work arounds will work for free and probably forever.

Or to simplify matters, just purchase the FC3 airframes that you fly via Steam as they become available. This will create a new licensing agreement between you and Eagle Dynamics without Ubisoft involved and it will also directly support the developers instead of Ubisoft getting a cut of the purchase price. To my knowledge, only the Su25A, A-10A, F-15C and Su27 will be available as stand alone modules anyways. If you wanted to fly the other FC3 aircraft that are available you'd have to hack FC3 in anyways.

The UH-1H will be available via Steam (and the current keys should transfer over just fine) once it is out of beta and considered a release version module.

Other than having to have lock on installed.

You have to install DCSW standalone in order to install FC3, otherwise you get "xxX Requires DCSW Version 1.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x, Please Install DCS World... " type error message when you run the FC3 Installer.

After which point as long as the standalone and steam versions are the same, you can simply copy/paste the Flaming Cliffs Module Folder.

The problem comes when Steam Updates DCSW and Modules Listed under your DLC, it will not update FC3 (AFAIK, it very well may, I'll have to check or get confirmation from someone that knows).

Now there are ways to install FC3 into Steam DCSW without Standalone DCSW.

But it involves modifying files and the registry. And Updating FC3 by itself.

in Other words it's very troublesome to the average user.

Right now *MY* advice to anyone that has FC3 or UH-1H, Stick with the standalone version.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Right now *MY* advice to anyone that has FC3 or UH-1H, Stick with the standalone version.

Precisely. I wasn't going into the details of how to integrate FC3 into Steam DCS:W just that if you really wanted FC3 in the Steam version that it was a possible solution.

Personally I'll just re-purchase the aircraft through Steam as they become available. $15-$20 every several months is not a huge price to pay for complete freedom from Ubisoft and the conveniences offered by the Steam platform, plus I think it's a fair price to upgrade to FC3 AFM (even though it is being given for free through patching, I'd rather support the developers somehow and this is a great way to do just that).

Of course, that's just me. :)

Precisely. I wasn't going into the details of how to integrate FC3 into Steam DCS:W just that if you really wanted FC3 in the Steam version that it was a possible solution.

Personally I'll just re-purchase the aircraft through Steam as they become available. $15-$20 every several months is not a huge price to pay for complete freedom from Ubisoft and the conveniences offered by the Steam platform, plus I think it's a fair price to upgrade to FC3 AFM (even though it is being given for free through patching, I'd rather support the developers somehow and this is a great way to do just that).

Of course, that's just me. :)

The Only Difference is the MIG-29A, MIG-29S, and the SU-33 are Included in FC3.

But some users only want the F-15, and some only want the flanker, and without the LockOn requirement, $14.99 is a superb price point for the individual Flaming Cliffs Modules.

The Only Difference is the MIG-29A, MIG-29S, and the SU-33 are included in FC3.

Correct. As stated in my first post. :)

And if they get re-released as individual aircraft with AFM I'll have no problem justifying their purchase. Personally I only fly the F-15 but I'll purchase the A-10A, Su27 and Su25A just for completion. I'd probably pick up the Su33 if it were offered at some point, but I don't really have any interest in the MIGs.

I hear they have a problem with their inverted flight tanks and can't do a negative-G pushover. ;)

:joystick:

Hello, me again ^^

I am sorry guys, but I don't get your point about a no go for a Steam DCS FC modules (NOT FC3) season pass (or key transfer to Steam) for FC3 owners.

ED have already decided that DCS FC modules will be free for FC3 owners.

So why would we get them only as standalones DCSW modules and not on Steam ?

What have Ubisoft to do with ED giving me some DCSW modules as Freebies ?

When I have already paid for FC3 once ?

Finally, I am a Steam lover.

But as much as I love the DCS series, I would still hate having to pay twice for the same thing.

(but rather save up for future modules ^^ )

And I would hate pay twice even more, as I have been told I wouldn't have to in the first place ?

DCSW : Flaming Cliffs aircrafts have nothing to do with Ubisoft, right ?

So I really don't get why you said : No you won't have them on Steam for free.

Sorry if I missed something. ;)

• ED Team

ED have already decided that DCS FC modules will be free for FC3 owners.

So why would we get them only as standalones DCSW modules and not on Steam ?

FC3 people get the same updates that are available to the standalone modules, but FC3 owners do not get the individual modules free.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

FC3 people get the same updates that are available to the standalone modules, but FC3 owners do not get the individual modules free.

:cry:

Me find this not cool...

It sounds like playing with words if you ask me, I hope you are wrong.

In the mean time :

wagmatt [développeur] Il y a 48 minutes

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs can now be purchased through Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/245570/

DCS: UH-1H Huey is coming to Steam soon as an "Early Access" title.

Updated Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs manual to include start up check list and list of commonly used key commands.

Awesome news !

Thanks a lot ED !

I sincerely doubt the part in bold. Everyone who bought FC3 bought it through ED's website. All they have to do is see which users have FC3 in their account and issue Steam CD keys for the DCS World FC3 modules (Su-25, A-10A ect.). Just like they did for those of us who bought A-10C/BS2/UH-1/P-51 on the ED website.

For future purchases you can get 5 keys; 1 for FC3 and 1 for each of the individual Steam modules of the included aircraft.

• ED Team
All they have to do is see which users have FC3 in their account and issue Steam CD keys for the DCS World FC3 modules (Su-25, A-10A ect.). Just like they did for those of us who bought A-10C/BS2/UH-1/P-51 on the ED website.

"Just like" does not apply here. With A-10C/BS2/UH-1/P-51 we simply t the very same CD keys to Steam.

With FC3 you suggest us to gift NEW keys so one will have 2 sets of keys to FC3 planes. And he can give one set to a friend, can't he?

For future purchases you can get 5 keys; 1 for FC3 and 1 for each of the individual Steam modules of the included aircraft.

And a kitten!

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

"Just like" does not apply here. With A-10C/BS2/UH-1/P-51 we simply t the very same CD keys to Steam.

With FC3 you suggest us to gift NEW keys so one will have 2 sets of keys to FC3 planes. And he can give one set to a friend, can't he?

Indeed.

This is WHY, we suggested earlier the Season Pass thingy.

"FC3" ED Store key = "DCS : Flaming Cliffs modules" Steam Season Pass key

This way there will be only a single and already existing key to mess with and no way to sell them on Ebay. :D

:smilewink:

c0ff,

I currently own Lock On on a CD, and then from ED online store these:

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs, Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2, DCS Black Shark, DCS Black Shark 2 Upgrade, DCS A-10C;

DCS World owned modules: DCSW: Black Shark 2 upgrade, DCSW: A-10C, DCSW: Flaming Cliffs 3 with AFM planes (A-10A and Su-25A), DCSW: Combined Arms

I really wish to migrate entirely to Steam, I do care spending a bit more via Steam if required due to licensing issues with UBI to support ED; please post an easy step-by-step procedure for people like me.

Should I begin by uninstalling all DCS software from my PC first, cleaning up folders and then going to re-download everything with Steam?

Awaiting some good step by step tutorial to migrate :) See you all on STEAM!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Please help, i have Black Shark 1 + Upgrade BS2

Steam keeps saying: "invalid product code"

Are there any known issues with Black Shark Upgrade?

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

And a kitten!

Wait longer and they will also you for for cash back. :megalol:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|