New 6DOF cockpit for SU25-T Coming soon

skouras

Anybody knew about that

what i have missed:(

is it going to be in DCSW free or a seperate SU25-T module

heres the thread

scroll down to Wags post

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110960

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Nice to know, thanks!

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As we know, the first impression is so important fo new comers!

So, I think the best strategy (beside making DCS World free) would be using New Nevada Map + Su-25 new 6 DOF cockpit for free (and drop supporting the old engine)!

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

So, I think the best strategy (beside making DCS World free) would be using New Nevada Map + Su-25 new 6 DOF cockpit for free (and drop supporting the old engine)!

this;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I'm with you with the Su-25T for free to get new buyers. But the nevada map for free? It was a lot of work. The ground clutter and water quality of the actual engine and map has also a good quality - for flight sim standards.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There will have to be continued support for the existing map. Nevada won't be any use outside training missions.

It'll sell as people will want to sample Edge, me included, but once further Edge maps are released it would make the ideal DCSW F2P map.

There will have to be continued support for the existing map. Nevada won't be any use outside training missions.

It'll sell as people will want to sample Edge, me included, but once further Edge maps are released it would make the ideal DCSW F2P map.

Nevada can be more than a map for training. It will be up to the creativity of the mission builder as its been said before. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

YAY for confirmation that Su25T is getting a new cockpit. Can't wait. I am sure they won't make nevada free. There is a lot of investment that needs to be paid for ... they can't give it away for free.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

YAY for confirmation that Su25T is getting a new cockpit...
I'm doubt about a "new" cockpit. SU-25T's cockpit will be fixed for 6DoF; they will fill some graphics for blank areas. That's it... I guess...

Of course it would be better to see newer dash, gauges and real 3D cockpit. At least I'd like to see the HUD panel in higher resolution. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I'm doubt about a "new" cockpit. SU-25T's cockpit will be fixed for 6DoF; they will fill some graphics for blank areas. That's it... I guess...

Of course it would be better to see newer dash, gauges and real 3D cockpit. At least I'd like to see the HUD panel in higher resolution. :)

Nope. Its already fixed for 6dof. They are making a new fully 3d cockpit on par with other aircraft in DCS world. I think its a good move to advertise the graphics people can expect from DCS world in the free aircraft.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Nope. Its already fixed for 6dof. They are making a new fully 3d cockpit on par with other aircraft in DCS world. I think its a good move to advertise the graphics people can expect from DCS world in the free aircraft.

I'm sorry, my purpose is not argue or disturb you, but did I miss something?

DCS World SU-25T's cockpit isn't designed for 6DoF. Changing some values in ...\DCS World\Config\View\Server.lua file doesn't mean it has 6DoF cockpit. There're still transparent areas that you can see when you move up or left or right.

What I understand from message of Wags is that they "fill" blank texture areas, that's it. If so, that means Su-25T isn't getting a new cockpit.

I hope I'm wrong of course. :)

Edited by Devrim

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Yes you are wrong :D

Wags or any other user who knows more-less DCS "know how" wouldn't write "new cockpit with 6-DOF capability" thinking getting same cockpit but with changed LUA values and new 3 textures :)

Can't wait to see this TV condom around it :) I've seen Su-22 pictures with that TV screen and it looked really sexy around it.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

yay:D

I'm sorry, my purpose is not argue or disturb you, but did I miss something?

DCS World SU-25T's cockpit isn't designed for 6DoF. Changing some values in ...\DCS World\Config\View\Server.lua file doesn't mean it has 6DoF cockpit. There're still transparent areas that you can see when you move up or left or right.

What I understand from message of Wags is that they "fill" blank texture areas, that's it. If so, that means Su-25T isn't getting a new cockpit.

I hope I'm wrong of course. :)

lol! I wasn't arguing or disturbed. Clear indication how things on the internet may not come across as u intend to state them. lol! I said it more as a conversational "No!". Because, as the user above said, ED never go half way. When they mean 6dof cockpit, thats the full 3d cockpit...re made from scratch. Also, back when DCS World was released or even FC2 I think, they added a few limiting values to the cockpit movement and you could "sort of" move the view limits, giving that 6dof movement "slightly". Even now, if you mod the limit values...the combiner assembly in this jet alone is 3d. You can notice the solid poly structure compared to the bitmap assembly in the Mig 29 and Su 33 for instance.

So yeah...based on all that this will be new cockpit...like the Su25, su27, A-10 etc. Can't wait. Right move indeed. Can't fly jets without the new cockpits anymore. I am spoilt. :p

'Coolio', great news and I agree its a good move on ED's part given that its the freebie plane. :thumbup: Get the kidz hooked on pure Liquid Crystal DCS Methylated Toad....(Street name: 'Ribbit'.) it makes 'Bath salts' and crack look like candyfloss. Soon they'll be selling their grandma's into slavery and forcing their mothers onto the game at gunpoint just to pay for the crazed and insatiable sim peripheral habit that will inevitably consume and financially ruin them. Muahahaha...... "Excellent". :D

Wags is like a evil Toad hustling pimp in disguise. :D :lol:

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

Glad to hear the Su-25T will get a 3D cockpit.

2con6mr.jpg

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Su-25t 6dof pit was available as a pach from mid2012.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87894

I hope this bird gets a ''new'' 6dof, and not a reworked one.

I bet, it is the aircraft with the largest number in sim flight hours, gathered from lock-on veterans around the world, and thus it needs the appropriate love and attention.

I wish this baby gets its love in the future with a proper DCS: Su-25t module :joystick:

Nevada can be more than a map for training. It will be up to the creativity of the mission builder as its been said before. :)

Seriously? Why do people have so little imagination.

Except from Red Flag (training again), the only ''real'' war scenario that my small uncreative brain can think off is:

An alien aircraft was shot down by mistake over area 51 by the USAF (SPAMRAAM:confused:).

Negotiation between extra-terrestrials:alien: and MIB went terribly wrong.

Extra-terrestrials start attacking area 51, with a huge possibility of attacking LasVegas :ufo:(many human-like aliens went bankrupted there).

US government asks help from all air-forces around the world to come and help on defending humanity in Nevada.:music_whistling:

You know... ET go home etc :thumbup:

Whatever:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

good post buddy

we need confirmation from Wags itself just to be sure

i dont see any reason why the team to be working on a 2D pit;)

good post buddy

we need confirmation from Wags itself just to be sure

i dont see any reason why the team to be working on a 2D pit;)

People are overseeing one simple fact. Just because it's possible to edit camera movement to enable additional axes and "fill the blank spaces", doesn't mean it's equal to creating true 6DOF cockpit. There are many things in 3DOF cockpit that are just plain texture with elements painted on it in perspective, so they appear as 3d, but they're not. I really doubt that ED would do such thing, because it would be actually uglier.

Su-25t 6dof pit was available as a pach from mid2012.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87894

I hope this bird gets a ''new'' 6dof, and not a reworked one.

I bet, it is the aircraft with the largest number in sim flight hours, gathered from lock-on veterans around the world, and thus it needs the appropriate love and attention.

I wish this baby gets its love in the future with a proper DCS: Su-25t module :joystick:

Except from Red Flag (training again), the only ''real'' war scenario that my small uncreative brain can think off is:

An alien aircraft was shot down by mistake over area 51 by the USAF (SPAMRAAM:confused:).

Extra-terrestrials start attacking area 51, with a huge possibility of attacking LasVegas :ufo:(many human-like aliens went bankrupted there).

US government asks help from all air-forces around the world to come and help on defending humanity in Nevada.:music_whistling:

You know... ET go home etc :thumbup:

Whatever:doh:

But this was not 6DOF pit. It was just changed view :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

People are overseeing one simple fact. Just because it's possible to edit camera movement to enable additional axes and "fill the blank spaces", doesn't mean it's equal to creating true 6DOF cockpit. There are many things in 3DOF cockpit that are just plain texture with elements painted on it in perspective, so they appear as 3d, but they're not. I really doubt that ED would do such thing, because it would be actually uglier.

:cry:

How about...

"Several drug cartels from Mexico have joined forces and taken residence in the Nevada mountains, hoping that the rugged terrain will help them keep a low profile for their manufacturing operations. Fortunately for us, several of their workers decided to attempt an escape once they were free and clear inside the American border. They were apprehended after they set of some sensors near our Groom Lake airbase, and gave us a general idea of where to look.

Satellite reconnaissance has pinpointed the location of several drug cartel installations. They are being guarded by several AAA emplacements and we think we've identified some guards carrying IGLAs. Your mission is to destroy these installations before the cartels can set up a full fledged operation on U.S. soil."

During the mission, you could have some of the drug kingpins try escaping from the installations with orders to take them out before they reach a certain point.

Or...

"We have been informed of a human trafficking operation. It appears several slave traders have been moving people in shipping containers over the US/Mexico border. Border control recently stopped one such truck, and after interrogating the drivers we've learned that there are several such trucks on their way to an installation somewhere in the Nevada desert near Las Vegas.

Locate these trucks and follow them to their destination. Once we have found their base of operations, we will send in a SEAL team to rescue the civilians, then we want you to destroy the facility.

During interrogation, we were informed that the slave traders may be equipped with older Russian anti-air vehicles. Be careful."

How about...

"Earlier this week, a terrorist cell took hostages in a well known Las Vegas hotel. SWAT teams were sent in and rescued most of the hostages, but unfortunately several were killed during the breach. A small group of terrorists were also able to escape from the hotel, and based on their threats, we believe they are headed towards the Hoover Dam with a large explosive device.

Find the terrorist trucks and eliminate them before they leave our area of operations."

Then during the mission, it could escalate further.

Hell, let's go old-school Red Dawn style:

"Earlier today, a splinter group of the Russian Army decided to declare war on the United States in the hopes of starting World War 3. Luckily, their plans were intercepted by the KGB and Vladimir Putin called President Obama to provide us with intel. The splinter group has made several vehicle and troop air drops, coming from Cuba, all across the southern United States. Radar sites picked up several Russian troop and cargo transport planes flying low over the Nevada desert this morning, and we have confirmation that several columns of Armor and infantry are currently heading towards our airbase and Las Vegas.

Scramble, and take out these invaders before they reach any populated areas."

If anyone is flying any Flaming Cliffs planes, you could even have sub-tasks for them to intercept incoming fighters/additional supply drops.

--

There are a ton of ideas I can come up with, these are just off the top of my head. You just have to think outside the US vs Russia war-time box. :)

Edited by Psyrixx

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter