New 6DOF cockpit for SU25-T Coming soon

skouras

I dont understand why those people have such diffeculty's to think up good missions for nevada. They acting like the gravity is different there or something.

It's only terrian!! You can make ultra realistic training missions on it like Red Flag and such. Or you can forget the terrain is Nevada and create every mission you can think of on that terrain.

I dont even know the name of the terrain i'm flying on now... Black Sea or something??? Who cares... I can fly F15's/Su's/ Migs/ A-10c's/Choppers.

I actually only care on how the terrian looks like and how big it is. And offcourse it would be nice to recreate certain Campaigns where real battles have taken place or are likely to take place. But they will come in time i guess.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I'm sorry, my purpose is not argue or disturb you, but did I miss something?

DCS World SU-25T's cockpit isn't designed for 6DoF. Changing some values in ...\DCS World\Config\View\Server.lua file doesn't mean it has 6DoF cockpit. There're still transparent areas that you can see when you move up or left or right.

What I understand from message of Wags is that they "fill" blank texture areas, that's it. If so, that means Su-25T isn't getting a new cockpit.

I hope I'm wrong of course. :)

Just to clear up any confusion on what Wags meant, the new 3D Su-27, F-15, A-10A and Su-25 cockpits have all been referenced by Wags with the name of "6 DOF" cockpits. This is just one of the posts where Wags refers to the new cockpits as "6 DOF":

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1643589&postcount=4

So thankfully they are doing the same thing for the Toad that they did for the F-15/Su-27/Su-25/A-10A.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Having been to the real Nevada I am very happy they are making a map of it.

It's beautiful terrain with lots of mountains.

It can be any number of places in the world, with a little imagination.

But see, there is the main problem. You are asking people to have a little imagination. :music_whistling:

Nope. Its already fixed for 6dof. They are making a new fully 3d cockpit on par with other aircraft in DCS world. I think its a good move to advertise the graphics people can expect from DCS world in the free aircraft.

That is what I think, too.

People are overseeing one simple fact. Just because it's possible to edit camera movement to enable additional axes and "fill the blank spaces", doesn't mean it's equal to creating true 6DOF cockpit. There are many things in 3DOF cockpit that are just plain texture with elements painted on it in perspective, so they appear as 3d, but they're not. I really doubt that ED would do such thing, because it would be actually uglier.

But this was not 6DOF pit. It was just changed view :P

Do not confuse 6dof with 3d. 6dof is the ability to change your view in 6 directions, and it can be perfectly accomplished when you are in a 3d environment and not a 3d rendered cockpit. It is like you look a painting on a wall. It doesnt mean that the painting has to be 3d for you to look 6dof around it.

How about...

"Several drug cartels from Mexico ...

Or...

"We have been informed of a human trafficking operation...

How about...

"Earlier this week, a terrorist cell took hostages in a well known Las Vegas hotel...

Those missions are perfectly accomplished by 5-10 drones alone...Why should NATO and air forces around the world bother about those situations?

Hell, let's go old-school Red Dawn style:

"Earlier today, a splinter group of the Russian Army decided to declare war on the United States in the hopes of starting World War 3. Luckily, their plans were intercepted by the KGB and Vladimir Putin called President Obama to provide us with intel. The splinter group has made several vehicle and troop air drops, coming from Cuba, all across the southern United States. Radar sites picked up several Russian troop and cargo transport planes flying low over the Nevada desert this morning, and we have confirmation that several columns of Armor and infantry are currently heading towards our airbase and Las Vegas.

Scramble, and take out these invaders before they reach any populated areas."

:megalol:

Actually, alien invasion is more plausible than this world war 3 scenario that you have there my friend..:megalol:

But please lets move the ''Nevada'' talk here please:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80468&page=196

This thread is for su25t cockpit:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Newb questions:

Is 6DOF workable without TrackIR?

Will the new cockpit be likely to hog system resources?

YES

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yes, it's jet as workable without head tracking as the old pits. That being said, invest in trackir or freetrack. It's worth every penny and more when you're in the air!

Edit: forgot to express how completely and utterly stoked I am!!!

Newb questions:

Is 6DOF workable without TrackIR?

Yes, click and hold middle mouse button and drag around to see 6DOF in action (you may have to use left alt-c to enable mouse look in A-10C for example)

I've noticed no differences in system resources used when the Su-27 and Su-25A were switched over to a new cockpit. Most of my FPS issues have come from other things which have been hashed out already on this board.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Where is that cockpit :cry:

Agree! Where's our 6Dof? :mad:

By the way, there's will be great advertising put 6Dof in free Aircraft! People always want more, when they see it on steam, they will buy rest of modules ;)

:pilotfly:

I'm stoked for a 3D cockpit and 6DoF in the T-Frog. I fell in love with the Su-25A when I picked up the module the other day and now I hear the SEAD capable Toad will have a similar seat, wow. Thanks ED!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

GTA: Nevada right?

(Grand Theft Aircraft)

hahahahaha:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog