Mission Editor Trigger Problem

Lizzard

Hello Guys,

at first.. I am new to DCS, and want to say Hello to everyone :)

I have a Problem with the Triggers in DCS. I have searched the Internet, Youtube and the Manuals for Help, but Nothing really helped, so I hope one of You Guys can help me out.

I created a Mission for tha KA-50, with a Night Attack on an Airfield, and I want a SU25T (Task AFAC) equipped wit SAB100 to Illuminate the Target Area. So I played around with the Triggers..but NOTHING worked:(

What I did:

I set up a AFAC flight of a single SU25T equiped wit 6 SAB-100 Bombs. The SU 25T approaches the Airfield at 4000 Meters MSL.

I set up a Trigger Zone at the Airfield (Radius 5000 Meters)

At the Waypoint over the Airfield I set a triggered Action ("Bomb") for the SU 25T:

"Perform Task - Bomb - Weapon: Illumination Bomb - Value "Auto" - Attacks 6"

I set a Trigger:

Type Once (no Event) - Group in Zone (Zone = Target Area / Group = SU25T) - Perform AI Task (triggered Action "Bomb")

So..I want the SU 25T to drop all the SAB-100 in 6 single Runs, when it enters the Triggerzone (Target Area). But Nothing happens..he flies over it, and leaves..he does Nothing :(

Any Idea how to set up this Task correctly, or where my Error is?!?

1000 Thanks Guys!!!

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I'll investigate the set task, as there have been bugs with it recently. You could try setting the task as part of a waypoint instead. For instance WP3 could be just outside the airbase while WP4 would be precisely on the airbase. On WP3 give it a bombing task that mimics the triggered action task you were trying to assign.

Also you set up the attack slightly wrong. Setting the specific weapon to candle bombs allows you to specify the exact amount you want to drop per attack. The attack quantity value is how many times it will make the attack. I'd recommend changing the values to 1 or 2 bombs per attack with 3-6 attacks, because trust me 6 SAB-100s is overkill at the same time.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks for your Help!

O.k. I deleted all the Trigger Stuff, and Set 2 Waypoints. Waypoint 2 is 6 km of the Base, and WP 3 is directly on the Base.

On Waypoint 2 I set up the following Waypoint Task

Perform Task

Bomb

Weapon: Illumination Bomb

Qty: 1

Attacks: 6

What he does now, is bombing..yeah :) And he does 6 Runs wit 1 Bomb (8 Bomblets) each Time..as I wanted it... But unfortunatly he drops the Bombs somewhere in the middle of nowhere..far out of the Airbase. I played around with the Waypoint Locations, but was never able to hit the Base directly:(

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

The bombing task itself has a little triangle showing where it will target the bombs, move that over your target. Click on the task and you should see the target on the map as a doted line from the WP to the target triangle.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum