K-36 and Su-27 grip

Flim

Hey guys,

Once I finish the Uh-1 collective, I'm going to start working on the Su-27 Russian VRpit including grip and maybe throttles after that.

K-36DM.jpg

Cockpit_of_Sukhoi_Su-27_4-2.jpg

The seat is pretty easy for me since that is what I'm good at, but I think we can do a decent 3d printed grip as well. My thought is to print the grip in 3 sections and glue them together forming the entire grip. I would love for it to attach to the hog and I think we can get a board made to do the switch logic.

I'll keep this updated as the project evolves and any pics, info, and or thoughts will help.

Matter of fact, do need some info on how the trigger works for the 27 grip...?

We also can talk about the best way to connect custom grips to the hog base.

As for a switch board;

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=235

Should provide plenty connections and not to expensive either.

A custom board would be better since that is too large to fit inside the grip or the base.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Awesome stick :thumbup: it looks great And the throttle in a separate video is just amazing

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

SU 27 throttle ? Totally interested.

The sit will be too expansive for me to import.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I would love you long time if you actually pull this off. Long, long time. :D

LOL :megalol:

Count me in for the K-36 seat :thumbup: ...... and maybe for the stick + throttle also (if I have the money for it) :cry:

No longer active in DCS...

If you build it they will come :)

LMAO! :D Great episode...haha.

but yes....I would get a grip for the warthog.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Are you talking about a grip on top of the warthog base whose custom electronics interface through the warthog or a stick that has another wire coming out and plugs in to the computer in addition to the hog base?

From memory you need to have the hog grip attached to the base when its turned on for the computer to recognise it.

I could put my logic analyzer across it to see what they say to each other. It could be that there is a simple handshake and that the custom grip only has to do this once off conversation to the base so that everything is ready to rock and roll.

Would require arduino or similar to get it all going if this is the case.

Are you talking about a grip on top of the warthog base whose custom electronics interface through the warthog or a stick that has another wire coming out and plugs in to the computer in addition to the hog base?

From memory you need to have the hog grip attached to the base when its turned on for the computer to recognise it.

I could put my logic analyzer across it to see what they say to each other. It could be that there is a simple handshake and that the custom grip only has to do this once off conversation to the base so that everything is ready to rock and roll.

Would require arduino or similar to get it all going if this is the case.

It's actually much easier than that. Ill have more details by the end of the week.

Fully restored....

I wouldn t bet on pulling for real the ejector handle...you probably got a roof above you!!

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

How much for an option to fill the side canisters with beer and have a drinky hose coming out them?

You mean they don't come that way already!! :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: