"Ultra Hornet" Takes Flight

Phantom88

Now all she needs is the enhanced engines..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There's nothing dumb about the F-35 project. The F-18 will be obsolete before the F-35 becomes so.

Isn't this new Advanced Super Hornet fitted with new F414 engines? 20% more power then the regular Super Hornets? Very glad that the Navy made this choice apposed to the dumb F-35 project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What do they have that the F-35 doesn't?

Unless the Su-50, J-31 and J-20 turn out to be really unstealthy, the F-35 will spend its entire life getting raped.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Flying through clouds?:music_whistling:

OK, that was just a gentle troll, don't fire at me...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

No, no, you've earned it :)

:gun_sniper:

Flying through clouds?:music_whistling:

OK, that was just a gentle troll, don't fire at me...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now all she needs is the enhanced engines..

I never fancied the idea of having to have overpowered engines to get decent performance out of an airplane that otherwise is unremarkable kinatically. Interesting electronics powerhouse. Makes a good striker but if anyone uses it for the interceptor role Im gonna laugh. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Oh my. Since you asked, guess it is ok to answer it. Can't speak for J-20 and J-31, but regarding T-50:

- Top speed. Conservative, mach 2. If "leaked" test info is correct, 2.35.

- Super cruise, nuff said.

- Range. And having super cruise T-50 will reach target much faster. (it is 1500+ km on supercruise and over 3500 km in total)

- Radar. The main radar N036 has more modules, 1522 vs around 1200 (?) in APG-81.

- Moar radars, fusion between them, nuff said.

- Maneuverability. Any questions there?

- Weapon bays able to carry 6 air to air missiles. 4 long range, 2 short. F-35 will be able to have same internal number in some years tho.

- External pylons number is the same. 0-0 there.

- Can F-35 use 4 long range anti ship missiles? Nuff said there as well.

Think i am about done, but i am sure more things can be thought of.

Oh my. Since you asked, guess it is ok to answer it. Can't speak for J-20 and J-31, but regarding T-50:

- Range. And having super cruise T-50 will reach target much faster. (it is 1500+ km on supercruise and over 3500 km in total)

- Radar. The main radar N036 has more modules, 1522 vs around 1200 (?) in APG-81.

- Weapon bays able to carry 6 air to air missiles. 4 long range, 2 short. F-35 will be able to have same internal number in some years tho.

The F-35 supercruises. Number of modules doesn't make a better radar. Manuverability is an open question, though I do expect the PAK to have an edge. On range, the F-35's flight profile isn't know. It holds a lot of gas though and the engine is pretty efficient.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Pity the F-35 is above and beyond the T-50 in the strike roles, you know... the reason it was made and called JSF.

The F-35 supercruises. Number of modules doesn't make a better radar. Manuverability is an open question, though I do expect the PAK to have an edge. On range, the F-35's flight profile isn't know. It holds a lot of gas though and the engine is pretty efficient.

F-35 can supercruise? You do realize that supercruise =/= going supersonic without burners, right? Because if that is your definition, that is laughable at best. :doh:

Tu-128 could go supersonic without use of afterburners.

EE Lightning could go supersonic without use of afterburners.

Su-35S can go supersonic without use of afterburners.

Maneuverability might be an open question, but i have yet to see anything impressive done by F-35. T-50 has already shown such things. And in weeks time, F-35 will be obliterated in that respect. Besides, there is no argument there, TVC + LEVCONS...

When it comes to flight profile it isn't know indeed, but everyone knows highest range comes at height, not at low altitude. Basically T-50 and F-35 won't be much different in flight profile i suspect, like it or not T-50 has better range.

I'll tell you what the F-35 has, its own discussion thread ;)

Agree, it should be moved either to T-50 or F-35 thread.

Pity the F-35 is above and beyond the T-50 in the strike roles, you know... the reason it was made and called JSF.

Again, how can F-35 carry 4 anti ship missiles? Bomb wise T-50 wont have problem carrying 4x500 kg either. (talking internal only)

Be specific, HOW exactly is JSF better than T-50 air to ground. The name doesn't show anything at all, data does.

Come on, i would expect better arguments that this. :)

F-35 can supercruise? You do realize that supercruise =/= going supersonic without burners, right? Because if that is your definition, that is laughable at best. :doh:

Interesting, can you enlighten me as to what is it ment by that exactly?