FC3 A-10A start up?

So the A-10A has been changed I'm having the following issues;

-The new manuals do not show how the new start up procedure is supposed to be done, or keys to operate most of the systems.

-The training videos in the official website are not updated so they do not apply to the new A-10A.

-In the controls section of the options it does not appear they have implemented the commands needed for the updated A-10A so there's no way I can reference the controls I need to operate the aircraft.

So any help with this will be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's a new A-10A forum, might want to post this over there; I can't help you, not played FC for a while, sorry.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

For start up, is it not just RAlt-Home (Left engine), RCtrl-Home (Right Engine), RShift-Home (Both engines) ?

Rshift Home doesn't work anymore.

When you press RAlt-Home to start left engine, now you notice APU start up first and after that is done the left engine spools up to start. Then once that is done, you are allowed to turn on the right engine. I'm seeing some similarities to the A-10C. However, attempting to start right engine first will not allow to start the left engine after. (Which is fine...left engine is usually first)

I have no idea how to ARM the EAC, so no way to have autopilot from a ground start. (EAC is set to arm from an airborne start allowing Autopilot use)

The autopilot seems to now be having the similar limitations to A-10C which is nice (such as only engaging when you're near straight and level flight), however as mentioned earlier I've only been able to use it if I start airborne already, it will be by default in ALT/HDG mode...with LAlt-2 I can switch it to ALT only, BUT I have not found a way to switch it back to ALT/HDG mode after that.

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once Engines are Running and your Taking off,

LAlt+4 Arms EAC, LAlt+5 Disables it.

LAlt+3 = LAAP Altitude/Bank Hold

LAlt+2 = LAAP Altitude/Heading Hold

LAlt+1 = LAAP Path Hold

To Switch between modes, AutoPilot has to be off,

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Options, Controls Tab, A-10A, Systems is where I got the Commands, and Tested them and they work fine.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I tried that but I don't see anything about EAC or LAAP in my Systems or Flight Controls TAB. The settings look identical to the old 2D A10 A pit ?

Dont see any option to turn PAC on/off though.

Edited by IvanK

First up I dont fly the A10C so this is only relevant to the A10A. Some of this might be blindingingly obvious to the A10C aficionados :)

None of these additional LASTE/LAAP related settings were visible until I deleted the Keyboard.lua file in my:

users/my name/Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/A10a/Keyboard folder.

Once this was done I found a new Tab in the options tab selection list called Laste Control Panel. Once in there I could keybind the various LAAP modes.

Laste_zps58be541c.jpg

EAC

However EAC appears not to have any functionality, So Arming or Disarming it doesnt seem to do anything..... whats it meant to do anyway ?

PAC

PAC does not work, In CCIP gunnery I get reticle jump up in the order of 5-8mills on trigger squeeze even when allowing 5-10seconds of settling time post trim in the dive. The PAC switch on the left canopy frame remained in the OFF position ... I thought Arming EAC would turn PAC on ??

AP USE

To get the various modes to work the mechanisation is a little different to the other FC3 aircraft. In the A10A you need to get the aircraft stabilised in the desired flight state, then select the Sub mode you want, then engage it by pressing the A key. The current mode will be annunciated in the HUD in the lower left corner. Deselect the AP by again pressing A. The previous selected sub mode is in an armed state just awaiting you to stabilise the flight path then engage the AP again. you cant change sub modes with the AP engaged.

Edited by IvanK

IvanK - PAC isn't modeled in the A-10A, only the A-10C so you won't get any use of this.

EAC =- Enhanced Attitude Control System - again, not modeled for the A-10A (have a read of it's function on page 49 of the A-10C manual - if you don't have that module I'll send you a copy of the manual).

Seems that the new inputs were imported to bring some of the naming of the controls into alignment with the A-10C.

Yes Oesau read the A10C DCS manual (and the A10A post Laste Dash 1).

Arming EAC turns on the EAC switch so AFM wise things seem to be there. Given the EAC related functions enable the LAAP modes then it implies that PAC should be available as well inside the AFM. Given the A10A doeskin have the combined GUNARM/GUNPAC arm switch but a single PAC switch either this should be default ON (linked to EAC arming) or a separate Keybinding to to turn on the PAC switch.