Problems with A-10A module

ST0RM

I'm trying to sort some things out with this module. I use TrackIR and it automatically places my view really far forward and slightly low. So I've tried using the camera shift view keys in the cockpit, but the move back function does not work (RCTL+RSHFT+KP/). However, all of the others view keys do work. So I'm stuck really far forward. Of interest, the FC2 mission "Firing Range" places me in the cockpit and at the extreme rear camera view (wide angle) from which I can adjust easily to my liking. No other missions work like that though. Most of these missions do not cross over well to DCS World. The placement of static aircraft/objects interfere with "live" aircraft and cause explosions. They were littered about the taxiway and ramp.

Another thing I've noticed that isn't working is the Engines Start (RSHFT+Home) function. I can still start them individually, but a quick all start will not work. Auto-shutdown does work though. (RSHFT+End)

I hope you can get some attention for a needed patch to fix these items.

Thanks!

-Storm

I'm getting same problems...

Rshift Home doesn't work anymore.

When you press RAlt-Home to start left engine, now you notice APU start up first and after that is done the left engine spools up to start. Then once that is done, you are allowed to turn on the right engine. I'm seeing some similarities to the A-10C. However, attempting to start right engine first will not allow to start the left engine after. (Which is fine...left engine is usually first)

I have no idea how to ARM the EAC, so no way to have autopilot from a ground start. (EAC is set to arm from an airborne start allowing Autopilot use)

The autopilot seems to now be having the similar limitations to A-10C which is nice (such as only engaging when you're near straight and level flight), however as mentioned earlier I've only been able to use it if I start airborne already, it will be by default in ALT/HDG mode...with LAlt-2 I can switch it to ALT only, BUT I have not found a way to switch it back to ALT/HDG mode after that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm getting same problems...

Rshift Home doesn't work anymore.

When you press RAlt-Home to start left engine, now you notice APU start up first and after that is done the left engine spools up to start. Then once that is done, you are allowed to turn on the right engine. I'm seeing some similarities to the A-10C. However, attempting to start right engine first will not allow to start the left engine after. (Which is fine...left engine is usually first)

I have no idea how to ARM the EAC, so no way to have autopilot from a ground start. (EAC is set to arm from an airborne start allowing Autopilot use)

The autopilot seems to now be having the similar limitations to A-10C which is nice (such as only engaging when you're near straight and level flight), however as mentioned earlier I've only been able to use it if I start airborne already, it will be by default in ALT/HDG mode...with LAlt-2 I can switch it to ALT only, BUT I have not found a way to switch it back to ALT/HDG mode after that.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1833835&postcount=5

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Always thought the A-10 A doesn't have an Auto-Pilot? At least they say so in the Book "Warthog: Flying the A-10 in the Gulf War".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I posted about the startup problems and how I overpass them here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1830797&postcount=1280

I guess is a known bug for ED this thing. It's nice that they thought on implementing the APU startup but I guess the commands god messed up... RCtrl+Home starts APU and attempts also to start Right Engine so APU cannot spool at 100% unless you Hit RCtrl+End to move back right throttle (which doesn't affect the APU starting up). Then you may start left engine and after 100% spool up the Right Engine.

The EAC can be engaged on ground, the switch moves for me... Not sure how effective is... LAAP appears buged also.

Also as noted by others in FC3 bug thread the PAC is off and the Gun is a bit of a mess :) .

Also the radio has problems but since A-10C also has and ED said in next build theyare fixed... we can hope for the best.

Regarding the view. People should not use default views anyway. You can enable "use custom snapviews" in Options now and then you can copy the Server.lua and SnapviewsDefault.lua from /DCS Folder/Config/Views to C:/Users/Your User/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Views (create folder Views if you don't have one yet there). Rename the Snapviewsdefaul.lua to Snapviews.lua and edit them with notepad++

If you enable use custom snapviews in game options I think the game will copy the Snapviews.lua for you.

But you can copy also the server.lua and edit it and also views.lua and labels.lua so you can have personal edits on them. like unlocking camera terrain restriction, or making custom icons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I posted about the startup problems and how I overpass them here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1830797&postcount=1280

I guess is a known bug for ED this thing. It's nice that they thought on implementing the APU startup but I guess the commands god messed up... RCtrl+Home starts APU and attempts also to start Right Engine so APU cannot spool at 100% unless you Hit RCtrl+End to move back right throttle (which doesn't affect the APU starting up). Then you may start left engine and after 100% spool up the Right Engine.

The EAC can be engaged on ground, the switch moves for me... Not sure how effective is... LAAP appears buged also.

Also as noted by others in FC3 bug thread the PAC is off and the Gun is a bit of a mess :) .

Also the radio has problems but since A-10C also has and ED said in next build theyare fixed... we can hope for the best.

Regarding the view. People should not use default views anyway. You can enable "use custom snapviews" in Options now and then you can copy the Server.lua and SnapviewsDefault.lua from /DCS Folder/Config/Views to C:/Users/Your User/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Views (create folder Views if you don't have one yet there). Rename the Snapviewsdefaul.lua to Snapviews.lua and edit them with notepad++

If you enable use custom snapviews in game options I think the game will copy the Snapviews.lua for you.

But you can copy also the server.lua and edit it and also views.lua and labels.lua so you can have personal edits on them. like unlocking camera terrain restriction, or making custom icons.

My observations with A10A FC3

A. Engines don't start on ramp. Work Around:

1. RCtrl+Home Starts APU

2. RAlt+End aborts any Engines Startup attempts that fail anyway... you can see the throttles are moved forward like in C variant and that APU power diminishes. After you cancel Startup attempts APU powers UP to max

3. RALt+Home start left engine

4.RCtrl+Home starts right engine and after that shuts off APU automatically after that.

I did deleted my Input Folder for A10A in User files/Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/ and same problem exists. It isnot a problem per se... maybe they try to insert APU startup in startup sequence but it is overlapped with Right Engine Startup.

B. A10A shakes the stick like mad until you get some speed on the ground (G940 here).

C. View shakes sometimes like is on FFB... Strange... mostly when starting rolling on the ground from zero speed.

D. A bit trickier to taxi than A10C... Maybe that is correct... AFM etc.

For A. You're Starting up backwards, which is why they fail to start, you're supposed to start the left one first

RAlt+Home Starts APU, Then Left Engine.

RCtrl+Home Starts Right Engine.

Spool Engines, Taxi.

LAlt+4 Arms EAC, LAlt+5 Disables it.

LAlt+3 = LAAP Altitude/Bank Hold

LAlt+2 = LAAP Altitude/Heading Hold

LAlt+1 = LAAP Path Hold

To Switch between modes, AutoPilot has to be off,

B. While testing the Above Last Night, I Did notice A few of My Gauges for ALT and Climb Rate were jumping between max and Zero, while Idling on the ramp during startup.

C. Didnt notice that.

D. I think the only taxi Issue I Had was when I Slammed the brakes it felt like only the left Tire Brake was working.

(will have to confirm this tonite)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

@Skatezilla

Yeah... I know I was doing it backwards :D But it shouldn't allow me to do it.

I would like 3 buttons... one for APU start then 2 for the engines... how it is this way is confusing. If you try to start right engine it tries to start APU and engine and fails to do it both...

about B, you can see it here, just when he starts rolling, the camera shakes a bit even before but that is something different... exactly when he starts rolling there is a shake similar to what I experience:

TP4YzaNx1L0

The shaking in FFB on ramp start is linked I believe to the continuous mechanical noise that can be hear with engine turned off. Also reported here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1824765&postcount=27 And the FFB shake disappears when above 40 knots.

Trim not working also reported/confirmed here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1824716&postcount=24

About taxing... I blew the front tire once by extreme braking. I abandoned the plane but an AI took it for me (in single player). He didn't had big problems with it :). Also in single if you have a multi mission when you switch plane using briefing the AI take the ol plane and keeps your name... which is funny.

And about the HUD problem that most of new 3D 6DoF pits have... i think is work in progress... FC3 still uses old HUD logic and that's why they are so big and you can't see properly. Maybe two new buttons for making the HUD bigger or smaller as players wishes would solve the problem. It is not necessary that thos commands acts on gunsights, pipers , funnels etc that are calibrated and shouldn't be zoomed. Just the "outer blocks of data".

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Always thought the A-10 A doesn't have an Auto-Pilot? At least they say so in the Book "Warthog: Flying the A-10 in the Gulf War".

This one must be special. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There's alot of Systems Keys for the A-10A, will check to see if there is an APU.

Why isn't this thing labeled 'Beta'?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There's alot of Systems Keys for the A-10A, will check to see if there is an APU.

What do you mean? hidden command keys? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A-10A does indeed have an autopilot. It was included as part of the -1 LASTE upgrade to the A-10A fleet. Though it still isn't anything special. It has the same basic functions as that of the A-10C (i.e. no route mode, no auto throttle, and no climb/descent settings (excepting path mode)).

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

We should add to the list of problems:

1. flaps now are cycled through all positions by flaps up/down command. Making redundant the Flaps Up and landing commands. We should have just "Flaps UP" "Flaps Down" commands that cycle through all 3 positions but only in one direction and "Flaps Landing" that puts them in landing.

2. The light on night cockpit of A10A is kinda scorching retina. I had to reduce 75% of the alpha channel that controls it.

here is how it looks now after edit. You can see some of the textures have still full power (like the ones on fuel gauge, HUD base and CCRP CCIP etc buttons)

bi6k.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think the -A pit may have been designed to be controlled like the A-10C with knobs for varying light intensity.

1. flaps now are cycled through all positions by flaps up/down command. Making redundant the Flaps Up and landing commands. We should have just "Flaps UP" "Flaps Down" commands that cycle through all 3 positions but only in one direction and "Flaps Landing" that puts them in landing.

I noticed this too. I have two buttons for those two functions assigned and they're now redundant.

Another issue: How airbrakes work.

Before and with every other airplane, you press button and they'll start deploying. With another press, they retract (at any time). Now, you press button, *deploying*, press again while they're moving and they stop. Press again, they retract. If you let them deploy all the way, you have to double tap your button to retract. I don't know if A-10C can adjust brakes gradually with slider, but when I'm using just out/in button, it's annoying.

the new airbrakes system is a feature I think. I can live with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello guys

here are some problem that I found, and still not working after the last update

1. Autopilot system (ED tell us that we may need to delete our input file to reset, which I've done, but not work for me)

2. Power up/down command (Num+/Num- key)

3. endless refuel(not sure)

I found all these problem in multiplayer(I haven't test A-10A in singleplayer, so I don't know if these problem work in singleplayer or not in this moment)

does anyone have the same problem?

I really wish that we can fly a solid A-10A just like A-10C

thanks,

Charlie

The pig is flying!

"A-10 Thunderbolt ll"

@IvanK

No... the EAC switch... behind throttles.

@Charlie-Tsai

1 and 3 are confirmed by us also.

2... I don't know what it does... I never did knew what those commands do. :joystick:

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Zaelu I will go looking. Now since we have the AFM and an EAC we need to get PAC working in the A10A.

second to that

i make a thread about PAC 1 week ago

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog