I don't belive in secrets.

This is an email I received and I think it can be usefull for some of you, so I share it.

zaGURUinzaSKY

Hello Robby,

=RvE=--AS-- let me know the following thing;

In Lock On/Config/joyrange.cfg you can change the dots per axis. The default setting is 400dpa but tests prove it is best to change that to around 3000dpa. Then you will have more "points" in your joystick range to control! So that means a smoother joystick feeling especially important with formation flying! The second thing he adviced is to change "ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;" to ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;" in Lock On/Config/producer.cfg. ForceFeedbackEnabled forces your computer to make more, not needed, calculations which can couse hickups or joystick lags.

I found the controls like suspected much smoother and less bouncy.

This is "secret" information which should only be shared with fellow aerobatic pilots.

Keep up the G's!

Hope this "secret" (LOL) is helpfull.

Robbie.

Swiching to the other side of this thread, the joystick movment resolution of 400dpi seems high already. Imaging 400 increments for the whole delfection. You guys notice any difference in aircraft sense at all?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hey Gents !

=RvE=--AS-- have problem now to join the forums .. and we don't know why

but he would like to say for every one thats he sent this lil tip for frazer to use it also his sqd or the ppl he would like to have it .. and now after every one know it he have no problem at all and feel glad to help lock on community to use some thing he discovered

S! Gents

sig2sv7.jpg

where do i find "ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;" to ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;"

thx.Sleek.

In Config\producer.cfg. Use notepad to open and edit.

:beer:

Nowi

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Hey Gents !

=RvE=--AS-- have problem now to join the forums .. and we don't know why

but he would like to say for every one thats he sent this lil tip for frazer to use it also his sqd or the ppl he would like to have it .. and now after every one know it he have no problem at all and feel glad to help lock on community to use some thing he discovered

S! Gents

I didn't realized "=RvE=--AS--" it's a nickname, I would had cancelled it too, I'm not here to fight with anybody, I just made a big laugh when I read the secret request... so I published the AREA51 info, becouse I belive comunity grows if we share experiences. Anyway the author of the email already show him self to the comunity.

Can ED please tells me if the axis transmit only in 8 bit to lock on? If yes, do we get any advantage to change the resoltion of axis in lua file?

Thanx

Robbie.

Calm down guys,

Sharing is good and eveybody know that,without this kind of attitude, we still flying cesna in lock on ;)

BUT... i just want to warn about that.

the way walked is more improtant then the target buds.

some guys worked hard from age on stuff move or strategy so let them make the decision when it will be shared. to have access at certain stuff we should be mature for that, we should not give put a gun in kid hand. :redface:

comunity give help for how making your game most beautifull, playable, efficient, But we have to walk our own path and in this way catch an identity, if not we will all fly like drone clone, soon. irobot mates lol

Aniway, right now about this tips =RvE=AS and =RvE=Team was in test time for that setting, it is a yound discover (talking about axis) and one of our sqd job is to practicing , testing and after this work we will put tht in sky or wait a lil.

We already share a lot from age, Np with that , i just want to ask you guys to work in your own style , and be respectfull about comunity and specialy the guys who increase the comunity skill.

When i jumped here after fiew years in other sim i was surprise and happy about the quality and maturity of relationship,

keep it up pilots and enjoyed :icon_supe

if you need hlp just make a call phone ;)

• Like 1

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

WTF

thats all i gotta say...

EDIT:

i see the warn button actually works, and me thought it was just for show :p

Calm down guys,

Sharing is good and eveybody know that,without this kind of attitude, we still flying cesna in lock on ;)

BUT... i just want to warn about that.

the way walked is more improtant then the target buds.

some guys worked hard from age on stuff move or strategy so let them make the decision when it will be shared. to have access at certain stuff we should be mature for that, we should not give put a gun in kid hand. :redface:

comunity give help for how making your game most beautifull, playable, efficient, But we have to walk our own path and in this way catch an identity, if not we will all fly like drone clone, soon. irobot mates lol

Aniway, right now about this tips =RvE=AS and =RvE=Team was in test time for that setting, it is a young discover (talking about axis) and one of our sqd job is to practicing , testing and after this work we will put tht in sky or wait a lil.

We already share a lot from age, Np with that , i just want to ask you guys to work in your own style , and be respectfull about comunity and specialy the guys who increase the comunity skill.

When i jumped here after fiew years in other sim i was surprise and happy about the quality and maturity of relationship,

keep it up pilots and enjoyed :icon_supe

if you need hlp just make a call phone ;)

LUA files are made to be edited, I see no secrets or young discover in that. ED made it for that reason, and always reply to guys who asks what a file or particular row in a lua file is for... Great ED!

.. a gun in kid hand.. O_o ! geeeezzzz...

Robbie.

This is an email I received and I think it can be usefull for some of you, so I share it.

zaGURUinzaSKY

Hello Robby,

=RvE=--AS-- let me know the following thing;

In Lock On/Config/joyrange.cfg you can change the dots per axis. The default setting is 400dpa but tests prove it is best to change that to around 3000dpa. Then you will have more "points" in your joystick range to control! So that means a smoother joystick feeling especially important with formation flying! The second thing he adviced is to change "ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;" to ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;" in Lock On/Config/producer.cfg. ForceFeedbackEnabled forces your computer to make more, not needed, calculations which can couse hickups or joystick lags.

I found the controls like suspected much smoother and less bouncy.

This is "secret" information which should only be shared with fellow aerobatic pilots.

Keep up the G's!

Hope this "secret" (LOL) is helpfull.

Does that higher sampling affect to FPS?

I don't care about squads being childish, what I do care about is FPS, now, logically, higher sampling rates (apart from being useful or not) would mean more calculations per point. So, has anyone tested wether it affects FPS in a bad way?

And squads are like empires; they allways fall apart, and I don't have the time or discipline to show up every friday at 7:00 PM strict :p

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: