Lightning/shadow bug with the Kuz????

Glowing_Amraam

• ED Team

http://www.home.no/amraam/hmm.wmv

A small video sample of me landing (more like touch-and-go) with the SU-25 on the Kuz. Now, as usual, i just have to edit my clips with better colors and so on, but it is very clearly seen that there is NO light on the carrier, not even on my plane. If i rotate the camera at certain angles then all the light suddenly appears, giving my plane a shadow on the deck, and everything else throws shadows around, as you would expect.

Move the camera an inch to the left or closer or further away, then the entire ship is covered with one HUGE shadow, so it looks rather dull.

Even my plane get this even though i cant even SEE the Kuz for miles.

I noticed this "bug", or whatever it is, a few minutes ago, as i was just playing around, landing on the Kuz with the SU-25 and su-33..

Anyone else experince this? Any way to fix it? or is something on my end here causing it?? I havent seen this up until now when i was playing around..

The link doesn't work for me, but I guess I know what you mean. Encountered this as well, but could never really track it down. I think I had it with the US carrier too, still very rare overall though. The good news is your system should be fine :)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

• 1 month later...

Well I just got a new video card (BFG 7800 Gt) and installed FC1.12, and sure enough I got this shadow problem whenever I fly the SU-33. Jeez, it's my favorite aircraft, but now it's always dark, as if in constant shadow. So, also, the carrier.

So is this a game bug that will be fixed? Or is this a nvidia problem, and if so is someone talking to nvidia to see if it will be resolved in new drivers or something?

What are the prospects ?

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

You can restore shadows with Ctrl+Esc then back to the game. But the bug will be back if you go down again (you dont realy need the carrier to lose the shadows). Same bug apears if you go through cloud layer, bellow no shadows are realy rendered but above yes... obviously after Ctrl+Esc ;) .

And a funny thing about it. Is about the selected aircraft, I set a mission where 2 B52s come to bomb from 10000m alt above overcast a target. (It actualy don't work... the bombers don't release dunno why) My plane is below overcast and has no shadows... the 2 B52s are above. Now, when I switch to first B52 it doesn't have shadows (I have to Ctrl+Esc to get them) but the second one wich is just 2 meters away from its wings has. Obviously when I press again F2 to select the second B52 that also gets the "no shadows" feature. When Ctrl+Esc all gets back tonormal... that's till I go down again to my aircraft and then back o B52s :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It actualy don't work... the bombers don't release dunno why

Have you placed the attack waypoint a good distance away from the target? The bigger the aircraft, the further away you need to set it. Try 15 or 20 km away.

Also check that the AI aircraft still have a weapon load, it can get set back to EMPTY if you have changed the TASK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

uhmmm....I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, though.

My aircraft itself is always overshadowed. It can be out in the bright sunlight but always appears dark. And if I fly over the carrier, a line ( like the umbra on the moon) with light on one side and shadow on the other passes over the ship; usually the plane seems to be 'dragging' the shadow. If I select a view of the carrier it too is totally shadowed (dark). This doesn't happen with other aircraft.

Also, I've always had nvidea cards, with new drivers (8xxx) and never had this problem before. It seemed to come with FC.

I wish I knew what could be done about it.

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

Thanx for the tip Brit_Radar_Dude, I'll try to put them even further... One of them opened the bomb bay though :rolleyes: ...

sorry for the offtopic guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least