More VAC issues with 1.2.5

Anyone else have this problem? Half the time it doesn't recognise anything I say. It will also randomly change my orders on its own. I've checked in the builders and most voice commands work correctly. It used to work a lot better than this. Any ideas?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Anyone else have this problem? Half the time it doesn't recognise anything I say. It will also randomly change my orders on its own. I've checked in the builders and most voice commands work correctly. It used to work a lot better than this. Any ideas?

If it worked quite well before, then have you changed the volume levels of either the microphone or speakers (other programs can change these with out you noticing, particularly the microphone level).

I use to have the problem of the microphone being so sensative on my headset, that it could hear the game noices coming from the headphones speakers and would issue its own orders from those, or it would corrupt what I was saying so that vac wouldn't issue the correct key response.

Fixed all my problems, which were similar to yours by:

• Training the Windows voice recognition to your voice - (Do a couple of times)
  • Get microphone level correct and change option in microphones advanced options (Give exclusive mode applications priority=OFF)
  • Get speakers playback volume set to correct level so will not interfere with the microphone
  • Vac - Use 2-3 word activation Phrases (any less and will get false positives)
  • Vac - Use Arm mode for phrases and assign a key to activate (only have it listening for a phrase when you wish to actually issue a command)

Cheers, Ian

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Ok, thanks for that info Ian, I'll try later. By the way, do you know how to activate VAC using a TM warthog throttle key

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Ok, thanks for that info Ian, I'll try later. By the way, do you know how to activate VAC using a TM warthog throttle key

I have an x52 pro saitek, but as you probably know vac will not map to a joystick button, so you must use some form of profiling program (sst for saitek), don't know what thrustmaster use, to map that keyboard command to a joystick press button.

I have it on my mouse toggle stick on the hotas throttle, flick forward to arm

for VAC, flick aft for Teamspeak (keyboard assign are Capslock and Scrollock)

sst2.thumb.jpg.5c49cdfaec670c818a48b42966b65eaa.jpg

Vac.thumb.jpg.797469ec9bc298fc2b1a8131e4be3010.jpg

ts2.thumb.jpg.30c2b43ac3f32f78874c730bbb7a00b4.jpg

Hope that helps

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Here's one method using an AutoHotKey script. Run the script before starting DCS, it's very light on computer resources and the Warthog plug & play with DCS is still retained. Click here.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5